Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    annaskiski wrote: »

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

Also, Jugg is wrong because mint Oreos are disgusting sacrilege.

WAT

tumblr_nrivp8dECh1u5g4cmo1_250.gif

So let me get this straight. You are saying normal oreos, aka "diet" oreos, are subpar to the perfection that is the Double Stuff?

You are dead to me @Carlos_421. D-E-A-D.

QFT
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    No. Original = too high a cookie to cream ratio.

Double Stuf? Boo-F'ing-Yah
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    uh...
    slide_320389_2992255_free.jpg

If you're insinuating that these even compare to Oreos, you may as well say that the junior summer basketball league team could beat the 90's Chicago Bulls.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Better?

11934872_996796130372787_467147761_n.jpg

O...M.....G
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    If these were made without the stupid chocolate cream layer, they might be Oreo perfection

Oreo_triple_double_cookie.jpg
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    This is very dismaying as you're normally not an MFPer who annoys me but, really? Double stuff not as good as original? Nonsense, Carlos. Non. Sense.

I used to work in a cookie factory. We could take cookies off the line when we went to break. I normally am not a fan of vanilla sandwich cookies but still-warm-from-being-cooked sandwich cookies are crazy good.

Double Stuff = Delicious
    Original = Deliciouser
    Hydrox=Deliciousest

FTFY!

/thread
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Oreos are horrendously overrated. Not bad, but the fact that I have a pack on my desk which is only half finished while having bought about 20 different packets since I acquired the packet originally.... it speaks volumes....

about your lack of humanity...

or more likely, that I am a bit classier when it comes to biscuits.....
  • juggernaut1974
    This is very dismaying as you're normally not an MFPer who annoys me but, really? Double stuff not as good as original? Nonsense, Carlos. Non. Sense.

I used to work in a cookie factory. We could take cookies off the line when we went to break. I normally am not a fan of vanilla sandwich cookies but still-warm-from-being-cooked sandwich cookies are crazy good.

Double Stuff = Delicious
    Original = Deliciouser
    Hydrox=Deliciousest

FTFY!

/thread

Samson also lost his power and wisdom when he shaved...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member

I used to work in a cookie factory.

You're my hero.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    If these were made without the stupid chocolate cream layer, they might be Oreo perfection

Oreo_triple_double_cookie.jpg

I forgot about those!!! They are crazy stupid good!
  • juggernaut1974
    Oreos are horrendously overrated. Not bad, but the fact that I have a pack on my desk which is only half finished while having bought about 20 different packets since I acquired the packet originally.... it speaks volumes....

about your lack of humanity...

or more likely, that I am a bit classier when it comes to biscuits.....

Doubtful...I always extend my pinky when eating Oreos.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

Did you miss the sugar, flour, oil, cocoa, corn syrup and vanillin? Those were the yummy words. Although I do prefer vanilla to vanillin and butter to oil most times. But oil is probably better for oreos.