Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Those cookies look good @Wynterbourne.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    A consistent source of disappointment in my life is the fact that we don't get the special edition Oreo flavours in Canada.

I mean, I know they're never going to compare to the original. But I at least want to try!

I've seen some of the special edition ones in Canada. S'mores ones were sold up here, pumpkin spice ones are in stores now, I saw them yesterday (I'm in Calgary right now). I can't remember which other flavors that I've seen here, but I know I've seen some. Definitely not as many flavors as there are south of the border, but there have been a few.

Waaaat. Out of curiousity, which stores are you shopping at @crabbybrianna ? I'm in Ontario and have checked Walmart, Metro and Loblaws with no luck.

The most I've seen here are sometimes mint and a lot of Olympics and Stanley Cup ones that are just regular Oreos with a special design.

Just wanted to let you know @kathrynjean_ that I found the pumpkin spice Oreos at Sobey's this past weekend. No idea if you have a Sobey's near you, but they have them.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-apple-pie-2wister/2040804

Did I make a post here about these? Store brand, but their cherry limeade last year was amazing.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    A consistent source of disappointment in my life is the fact that we don't get the special edition Oreo flavours in Canada.

I mean, I know they're never going to compare to the original. But I at least want to try!

I've seen some of the special edition ones in Canada. S'mores ones were sold up here, pumpkin spice ones are in stores now, I saw them yesterday (I'm in Calgary right now). I can't remember which other flavors that I've seen here, but I know I've seen some. Definitely not as many flavors as there are south of the border, but there have been a few.

Waaaat. Out of curiousity, which stores are you shopping at @crabbybrianna ? I'm in Ontario and have checked Walmart, Metro and Loblaws with no luck.

The most I've seen here are sometimes mint and a lot of Olympics and Stanley Cup ones that are just regular Oreos with a special design.

Just wanted to let you know @kathrynjean_ that I found the pumpkin spice Oreos at Sobey's this past weekend. No idea if you have a Sobey's near you, but they have them.
    My husband got me the pumpkin spice Oreos at Maxi. We're in Quebec.
    Ps....they're good with milk.

Now......we need pecan pie ones!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Now......we need pecan pie ones!

Oh gosh yes. I would actually buy Oreos again for those (I've been having, um, moderation issues around them lately).
  • Francl27
    Options
    So anyway... no love for Pepperidge Farm cookies? I think they get my vote.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Nope, not the only one!
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Keebler soft batch are poop.
    Chewy chips ahoy are great if microwaved a few seconds.

Consigned. Although if I'm going to buy packaged cookies that aren't Oreos I prefer Pepperidge Farm Sausalito.

Love me some Pepperidge Farm cookies... I just don't buy them often.
  • Francl27
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Ahhhh, I remember the days when I could eat the whole package of bordeauxs or milanos in one shot.

Well, I STILL can but you know what I mean. :)

I don't buy them anymore for that reason. Can't moderate. Same with Oreos once I start though.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

Ahhhh, I remember the days when I could eat the whole package of bordeauxs or milanos in one shot.

Well, I STILL can but you know what I mean. :)

I don't buy them anymore for that reason. Can't moderate. Same with Oreos once I start though.

I eat a whole bunch of different things at one time so "moderation" has become easier for me when it comes to serving size. (What? A whole sleeve of oreos or Lorna Doones or a pint of Ben & Jerrys isn't ONE serving???)

And, on that note, I finally get to try the Choco-Chip oreos tonight. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Choco chip was pretty good.
  • glassyo
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

They were pretty good but won't surpass the S'moreos for taste. :)

I've also been eating the Chips Ahoy! Thins (Original) but they taste off to me. I might just be used to the Trader Joe's mini chocolate chip cookies and Subway's chocolate chip cookies tho.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

I've also been eating the Chips Ahoy! Thins (Original) but they taste off to me. I might just be used to the Trader Joe's mini chocolate chip cookies and Subway's chocolate chip cookies tho.
    Have you tried the pumpkin spice or apple pie cookies?

I meant to pick some up but forgot to bring a ten when I went to Subway last week.

• glassyo
    Options

I meant to pick some up but forgot to bring a ten when I went to Subway last week.

I have no desire to eat pumpkin spice anything but I might try the apple pie cookie.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I found the holiday candy cane ones today! I'm not so sure that they're significantly different than the one mint ones, but I love them.
  • glassyo
    Options

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm eating the subway apple pie cookie as I type and I wish I didn't like it but I really, really do. :) It's soft and cinnamony with bits of apple in it. It's yummy. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm eating the subway apple pie cookie as I type and I wish I didn't like it but I really, really do. :) It's soft and cinnamony with bits of apple in it. It's yummy. :)
    Well, next Tuesday is the buy one get one on subs. I've got a nice excuse to mosey on over.

• Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Snack time goodness today! Yum!

1nqbdmeao7tx.jpeg