Replies

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I found the white fudge ones yesterday. Omg! So good
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's had the gluten free Candy Cane Joe-Joe's. A box came home with me last week.

I saw some gluten free candy-cane sandwich cookies from Mi-Del in Wegman's. I may have to pick them up and compare. For science.

The candy cane ones really are my favorite.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

Yeah I can never buy those again, lol.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

I may have eaten one of those at a meeting tonight.... :innocent:
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yeah I can never buy those again, lol.

Yeah I can't either :/
  • delicaterealms
    delicaterealms Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    oreo thins taste better but i'm also weary of processed foods because of addiction, binging, and nutritional purposes.
    i've only tried vanilla, mint, and chocolate though.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Personally, I find that since Oreos are so flavorful, I'm not tempted to eat more than a reasonable serving, and it really satisfies my sweet tooth. I do prefer the thins, I'm more on the cookie side of the equation rather than the cream :tongue: (not to say I don't eat a lot of the originals too!)

So what's everyone's favorite seasonal flavor at this time of year? As I'm the only one in the house and have lots of other goodies to fit on, I'll probably only be able to do one seasonal!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I just don't get it! I kept hearing about Oreos and how great they were, and I couldn't wait to try them when I first saw them in the UK, only to find out that they were just like a cousin of custard creams and bourbon biscuits. There are so many packaged cookies/biscuits that are nicer! Shortbread, anything by Tunnocks, anything by Fox's, chocolate Hobnobs, ordinary Hobnobs, Kitkats, even jammy dodgers! I just don't understand!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Vailara wrote: »
    I just don't get it! I kept hearing about Oreos and how great they were, and I couldn't wait to try them when I first saw them in the UK, only to find out that they were just like a cousin of custard creams and bourbon biscuits. There are so many packaged cookies/biscuits that are nicer! Shortbread, anything by Tunnocks, anything by Fox's, chocolate Hobnobs, ordinary Hobnobs, Kitkats, even jammy dodgers! I just don't understand!

I'm in the uk too. They are SO much better than custard creams!
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I did not read this whole thread but I HATE Oreos. Lol - hate the weird gritty feeling of the cookies in my teeth.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Vailara wrote: »

I'm in the uk too. They are SO much better than custard creams!

Well, I'm not a big custard cream fan, so maybe that's the problem! But I don't understand how they can be nicer than say, Fox's Viennese biscuits (a similar, mass-produced sandwich biscuit). It's just personal taste, I suppose! But Viennese biscuits aren't creeping in everywhere, whereas Oreo's are - I'm always seeing them appearing in brownies and so on these days.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I did not read this whole thread but I HATE Oreos. Lol - hate the weird gritty feeling of the cookies in my teeth.

2rqzplbjvic0.gif
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Tip

The cookies are even better in the fridge.
  • Owlie45
    Options

Tip

The cookies are even better in the fridge.

UGH now I really want to see if that's true. I'll put it off till pay day.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the candy cane oreos
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

2rqzplbjvic0.gif

***slinks off in the darkness*** :-)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

2rqzplbjvic0.gif

2rqzplbjvic0.gif

back-back-from-whence-you-came.jpg
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm loving the candy cane oreos

As I've noted, these (in the gluten free version) are my favorite. I'm a sucker for anything chocolate/peppermint. And the textural thing they have going on with bits of candy cane in the cream? OMG.

I'm going on a maintenance break again soon.

They will be a frequent purchase.