10 minute jump rope Challenge - July

Options

Replies

• Herohorse
    Herohorse Posts: 108
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge. I bought a jump rope and after my PT had it as part of my training session and I remembered how much I loved it when I was a kid.

This inspires me to pull it out and use it.

Aw, thanks! I was nervous to make a challenge, but my family encouraged me to do it, replies like yours make me see it was a good idea!
    I started loving jumping rope as a kid, too. Do you have a favorite jump rope song?

Thanks for joining!
  • lyssad2003
    lyssad2003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Aiming for Bronze or Silver -- If I make that, I will be surprised! (It's HOT! here). :)
  • Herohorse
    Options
    I think my knees can handle the Bronze! I'm in.

Great! If you have knee problems, it can be quite limiting - I am glad you joined, and I hope it goes well!
  • Herohorse
    Options
    Ok :smile: I'm in! Not gonna try for Ruby, gonna DO ruby! It's all in the attitude! :happy: Good luck everyone! :drinker:

Great!! :happy: Thanks!
  • Herohorse
    Options
    I'm in!! Aiming for Bronze or Silver -- If I make that, I will be surprised! (It's HOT! here). :)

Whoohoo! Indeed, I am sorry you guys have a heat wave! I have rain, so I may be doing my jumproping in my bathing suit?!
  • Janet_andpie
    Options
    I'm in for Silver (gotta have my rest days!)

Just done day 1. My form was diabolical, after 5 minutes I had to resort to hop-stepping over the rope because my legs refused to jump anymore. But I did the whole 10 minutes non stop. It was very humbling to say the least. I can run 5k and swim a mile, but 10 minutes with a jump rope brought me to my knees.

By the end of July we'll all be skipping wizards, right guys and gals?
  • Herohorse
    Options
    This challenge has had an overwhelming amount of positive feedback! About 40 people have joined so far!

By the way, I also have a push up challenge for July for those who cannot currently do a full pushup, in case anyone is interested!

I am expanding the goals for more levels. Here they are!

Jade: 10 nonconsecutive minutes a day
    Copper: 5 minutes 2 x a day

Bronze: 10 minutes 3 times a week
    Silver: 10 minutes 5 x a week
    Gold: 10 minutes 5 x a week and 5 minutes 2 x week
    Ruby: 10 minutes 7 x a week

For the very advanced:
    Platinum: 10 minutes 2x day
    Diamond: 10 minutes 3x a day

If you are really, really advanced:
    Palladium: whatever you can do now plus 10 minutes every day
  • MmmmStrawberries
    MmmmStrawberries Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just finished my day 1 ten mins. OUCH!!! my calves are killing me.... great endurence test. I did trip a few times but managed to keep it up for the full ten mins. I hope by the end of July I won't find it quite so hard going. Good luck everyone xx
  • Herohorse
    Options
    I'm in for Silver (gotta have my rest days!)

Just done day 1. My form was diabolical, after 5 minutes I had to resort to hop-stepping over the rope because my legs refused to jump anymore. But I did the whole 10 minutes non stop. It was very humbling to say the least. I can run 5k and swim a mile, but 10 minutes with a jump rope brought me to my knees.

By the end of July we'll all be skipping wizards, right guys and gals?

Rest days are very important! I am glad you chose a goal that fits you :smile:

Congrats on finishing your first day and sticking through it!

Jumping, skipping and switching from leg to leg is acceptable in my book!

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Herohorse
    Options
    Just finished my day 1 ten mins. OUCH!!! my calves are killing me.... great endurence test. I did trip a few times but managed to keep it up for the full ten mins. I hope by the end of July I won't find it quite so hard going. Good luck everyone xx

My calves are definitely going to be the ones going first, as well. Congratulations!!
  • Herohorse
    Options
    I just completed my first day's 10 minutes! I brought my dog out with me, and he enjoyed the grass while I hopped on the deck. 8 minutes in I had to go to the bathroom, but waited. I don't recommend it - it really hurt, just a note. Except for that, it went well!

Congrats to all who have done day 1! Woot woot! :happy:
  • FuchsiaBones
    FuchsiaBones Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge! Amazing what we used to do as children for fun is now part of a challenge for exercise! Good luck everyone!
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I brought a jump rope a couple of weeks ago and haven't used it yet. this should be fun and interesting. I will go for bronze.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge. I started adding jump rope back into my routine last weekend. Why not go for Ruby! :-) I can't wait to hear how this is going for everyone. I'm in!
  • Herohorse
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge! Amazing what we used to do as children for fun is now part of a challenge for exercise! Good luck everyone!

Haha, yeah. Thanks!
  • Herohorse
    Options
    I brought a jump rope a couple of weeks ago and haven't used it yet. this should be fun and interesting. I will go for bronze.

Sweet! :happy:
  • Herohorse
    Options
    Great Challenge. I started adding jump rope back into my routine last weekend. Why not go for Ruby! :-) I can't wait to hear how this is going for everyone. I'm in!

Terrific! Welcome! :smile:
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Going for RUBY
  • debnylec
    debnylec Posts: 1
    Options
    worth a try...now to find that jump rope! :)
  • Herohorse
    Options
    Going for RUBY

Great! Glad to have you in! :happy: