WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2013

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: Congratulations on an excellent NSV. :bigsmile: Isn’t a smaller body what weight loss is mainly about? WTG!:flowerforyou:

Gail: Your dinner sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoy every bite.:flowerforyou:

Brooke: Thanks for the information about DHEA. I’ll ask my doctor about it the next time I see her.:flowerforyou:

Tigress: DH and I bought cruisers a few years ago and really enjoyed them. Then his MS took a downward turn and he couldn’t balance on his anymore so he got a recumbent tricycle. He loves it, and I discovered I wanted one too. It is possible to ride infinitely slowly on a trike, and tough to stay with your partner if you are on a bike. Now we both ride trikes. Riding together is a lot of fun.:flowerforyou:

Pat: Congratulations on dealing so well with temptation!:wink:

Michele: I hope someone can help you post your pictures, but I’m not an expert at this, or even an apprentice. I really want to see your pictures, though.:flowerforyou:

Fran: I focus on the goals I have control over. So I’d say your 1, 2, 4 and 5 are great. But your body loses when it loses, so number 3 may not actually happen on schedule even when everything else is perfect. It will happen on its own mysterious schedule. That is why so many of us moan about plateaus. :sad: :wink: Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:

Happy Independence Day! The dog is safely at the vets, and we had a great and hopeful visit with an eye doctor who can help DH improve his vision, hopefully enough to drive. DH will have some training to change his scan pattern and prism glasses to extend his range of vision. It is so great that he now has hope. I’m praying that this works for him.:heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

July goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning all, and for you here in the USA~Happy 4th of July..
    now first of all I had a post all set last night hit a wrong button and POOF it was gone..
    anyway I have to apologize to you Robin because I think I called you Remmy.. I get everyone so mixed up but congrats on the Job!!!! and Renny Happy Birthday...
    now that I finally got that figured out:grumble:
    FIL lied to his brother and sister because my SIL was there, just having her in the house is a threat to him.. the only thing left that poor man has is his house and this B is trying to take that from him too.
    my SIL made herself scarse while they were there..
    I called companions and homemakers to see if the companion had filed a complaint- I think by law they are supposed to,but she did not, so we are P.O.ed.
    I called and put in a complaint myself. told the woman to please please do not use my name for we are the only ones that go visit and take care of him. she said she would just say it was family. so it could be my FIL's sister or brother that lodged a complaint..
    Hoping something gets done,because if not, I will call the Elder abuse hotline myself and turn her in..
    DH and I went for a walk this morning together, but I walk much faster than he does.I sort o race walk,am thinking about going to the gym, but will be going out in a bit to mow the lawn, it is supposed to be 95 inland and 85 at the shore today ,so want to get stuff done early...
    Remember why we have this day.. We are one lucky country to have the freedom's we have..:happy:
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :happy: Well, I wouldn't usually log a .8 loss but I must today as it's been since June 7th that I have had any loss at all. I've determined that the second 30 pounds will be a different approach than the first. I'm upping my daily calories, as this experiment has so far been a success. I realize I'll have to continue to tweak food/exercise and find what my body responds best to. It's an ongoing adventure! :happy:

Meg – How in the world is Benny the Beagle??? I may have missed updates, but wondered . . .

Katla – I know how it is to have a dog frightened of the 4th. My dear (departed) huskey Raider was too, I had to sedate him each year. One year someone in the neighborhood shot them off several days before the 4th and Raider actually jumped out an open window and was found 4 hours later 3 miles away! My current fur-kid, Dillon, has only been with us since August so I don’t know how he’ll be. There is a fireworks ban in force but there always seems to be those who disregard that, so we’ll see.

Joyce – Congratulations!!!!!!! Inches are as (if not more) important than that @^$^Y$% scale number :smile:

Gail – LMAO (hadn’t thought of it myself) :laugh:

Barbie – what a gorgeous picture of your beautiful fur-kids!!!!!! (both pictures – :wink: )

Pat – Yes, you absolutely earned multiple stars for the day! Excellent choices :drinker:

Fran – I feel you re: the slowed pace of weight loss. I’ve had to up my calories from 1200, which worked for the first 30 pounds down to 1350-1400 now. Looks like you’re at about the same place, might be something to experiment with for a week or so (that’s what I did before I changed my goals in my profile). Good luck, it WILL happen! :smile:

Katla – what wonderful news about DH! Here’s hoping the new doctor can do just the things needed to help improve hubby’s vision and quality of life! :flowerforyou:

Brooke from Colorado

“Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.”
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!

(wishing she knew how to add a gif in here cause she found a really good one) LOL

be safe! Be happy! Eat healthy! Rejoice, Celebrate, Remember!!

Jan, who didn't lose any, but didn't gain any either
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th! :drinker:

Busy day ahead, having a little family reunion with my cousins who live nearby, it's always a fun time, and they'll enjoy seeing Mom. I've got plenty to do in the kitchen to get things ready! Things are going well with Mom being here, she's still sharp as a tack and full of comments. :huh: She's enjoying herself, I'm glad. I'm already worn out and it's only the 3rd day of her visit. :laugh:

Mariah had the spinal tap yesterday, we'll have results tomorrow around noon, I think. I hear she's doing good and has gotten her appetite back.

Be good everyone, do well, eat right. stay cool, think light!

:smile: jb in Portland
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, and Happy 4th!
    I literally started the day off with a bang. Got up early A.M. to use bathroom and smacked my forehead on corner of wall. I saw my own fireworks! Big bump and a headache today...
    My day will be filled with visiting my critter clients, going to a parade, then tonight medicating the dogs that are terrified of fireworks. This is my busiest week of the year. Lots of vacationers...
    Hoping you all have a great day!

Critter Sue
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    PS-Fingers crossed for sweet Mariah!
  • sjakoy
    sjakoy Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm new this week to this fabulous website. Just turned 50 in February and have found that all of a sudden it is much harder to take the weight off. The calorie counter/food journal has been a godsend. I really don't snack much but I realized that my portion size was way too big. Started weighing and measuring everything I put in my mouth. Also realized that I eat a lot of fruit that though good for you for the fiber is very high in sugar, albiet fructose rather than sucrose. I have 40 pounds to lose, would love to have it off by my next birthday. Small steps......
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Trying to help Michele out.

IMG_1405_zps7d3af65e.jpg

Okay I was able to salvage one of the pictures. Michele, quote this reply to see how the code looks to make the picture work.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July!!!!

Well, this was the GOAL DAY I picked; I had not picked one and things were going so swimmingly that back in May (I think ) I actually wrote July 4th as my goal day (and then got REAL over-confident and wrote it as a June goal, too). Well, life events and my body did not play the game properly----however, I am SO very close I can't be too down ...... It's taken almost a month to lose the last 2 lbs. BUT, on the other hand, I'm lower than I've been in at least 12 yrs.

As always, welcome newbies and good luck!

Healthy eating to all
    yanniejannie--mid-Atlantic
  • altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, and Happy Fourth of July! I joke that I don't celebrate the 4th ... as a Brit in America I sit and sulk. Of course, that's not true ;)

Heather, your post about your dad's desserts made me even more anxious for my trip home in a couple of weeks. This is going to be a challenge for me because I'm working really hard to lose weight and don't want to put it all back on in two weeks at my parents' house. There are certain things I always want to eat there but I'll need to be more choosey this time. My mum was diagnosed with celiac disease about 6 months ago so her diet has changed somewhat, which might make things easier for me!

Helen in hot, humid but sunny Needham, MA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    party at Michelle's house!!!:bigsmile:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    determined - stay with it, that's the way.

Eileen - I printed out her directions. You know what? I got stuck at the first part, when you are supposed to click the button that says "browse". when I do, I don't get my library. I didn't have IMG at the beginning of the code, but I don't think barbie did and her pic posted fine, so I'm not going to mess with this. I did change the IMG at the end to lower case

I'm going to try it yet again. This is the pool at dusk:

[URL=http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/exermom/media/img_1424_zps72bcdba0

Got up this morning to the dreaded sound of RAIN, yet again. Fortunately, it's stopped (for now) but it's still cloudy. Did an hour of Jari Love Ripped to the Core DVD. Tomorrow I'm planning to do a spinning workout.

Made these donuts, they are baked. I'm pleasantly surprised at how good they are. At least they aren't deep fried.

Shadow and Lance are coming out more and more. Both of them have gone downstairs. I think that in time Lance will be OK with our cats, but I don't think Shadow ever will be.

barbie - yup, using the IGM code, I'm also being VERY careful not to delete some of the brackets.

Don't everyone fall over from shock, I almost did. The other day I sent Bryan an email saying that I'd like to see him and Diana before the wedding, that I had something for her that I'd like to give her but I don't want to give it to her at the wedding as I don't want her to think this is her wedding gift as it certainly isn't. He actually responded!!!! He said that he thought we could meet up Thursday, asked what time we'll be in Avila (a lot will depend on the trains from Madrid to Avila and also Jess and Denise want to go to the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona so I don't know their schedule.). I'm suspecting that right now he may feel a little less stressed since as soon as he gets married he has residency, and that's his goal.

Vince just went to check by the pool. Before we put down the riverrock, we would get red clay running over the retaining wall onto the sidewalk. Right now we may be getting some water from the rain, but at least it's not that horrible red stuff. He did see a little erosion where we haven't riverrocked yet.

grandmalle - what a saga you have going on! I would be upset, too

jb - praying for Mariah

Robin - thanks so much. That is the pergola that is over the equipment pad. There is the lattice work in front of it so that when you look at the pool from the deck, at least you don't see all pipes and stuff. Also, the pergola helps keep the pipes and stuff out of the direct sunlight. All the red clay will be covered with riverrock (when we get more)

Hope everyone has a great day (and that my pic posts)

Michele in NC
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Happy 4th of July, looks like a beautiful outside kind of day here in northwestern IL~ :explode: That's for the fireworks!
    To Heather in Hampshire" Today is the 43rd anniversary of my first marriage. I might honour it by emailing my ex to ask him why he still hasn't paid me the money left to me by my ex DMIL! " That made me laugh, love your wicked sense of humor!
    Our youngest has been taking driver's ed, so 4x/wk I drive him in and find something to do while I wait for class to be over. Thank goodness it's done next Wednesday. I've been doing some of my walking, nice and slow, but at least I'm up and moving
    No further signs of health problems and my hemoglobin is up to low normal now!

I met my abbreviated June goals so here go July's:

Exercise 60 min total at least 3x/week
    Squats--work up to 60 total per day by end of month
    Crunches--work up to 40 per day by end of month
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Happy 4th of July to all those who celebrate.

jb- continued prayers for Mariah

I've realized being home this week that I'm not drinking enough water. At work it's easier because I'm at my desk and it's right there in front of me all day. When I'm home I get busy and forget all about it.

Today is HOT and rainy so no walks for me. I still have some work to get done so I'm just going to putter around.

Have a great day and stay hydrated. Stay safe & have a great day.

Sandy in ON
  • exermom
    Options
    WAAAA!

img_1424_zps72bcdba0.jpg

One more try, maybe this will do it

This is the pool at dusk
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've spent a part of my morning reading the post's from everyone here. If there is room, I would love to joint this energetic, supportive group of ladies.

I'm a 57 yo nurse from the great state of Texas. I started my weight loss journey in February of this year after visiting the Doc and saw the scales. The weight I saw made me feel worse than I already did. MFP and I hooked up in March and my total weight loss so far is 30 lbs.

I work 6 twelve hour shifts on then 8 days off - usually. In fact, I start my 6 in a row tonight. I check in daily - it's great motivation for me. My food diary is open and I'm open to suggestions for improvement, recipes, etc. I use DVD's of various kinds as I live 30 miles from the nearest town.

Happy 4th of July !!
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th all!

Michele- they all come around sooner or later.

I love the dog and cat picture, so cute.

Ok,pool party at Michele's!

DH was supposed to work on post today, but due to rain or sequester its not happening, so he is coming home. Time to do something with him.

Tigress in GA
  • exermom
    Options
    Not sure why it said that the pic was deleted, so I guess I'll try yet again. This is the pool looking from the equipment pad to the house.

IMG_1427_zpsdfe7de7c.jpg
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Happy fourth of July to all! Got my walk in; not stressing about the food today (it's not that bad actually, I worked hard on the menu!), and need to get running so I'm ready for company. Enjoy the day!!!