WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2013

Options

Replies

• Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have finally stopped for the day and can type some. My arm is feeling lots better, and I have another appointment next Friday. The massage therapist gave me some stretches to do so I have been doing those and walking. She said no strength training until the muscles start moving again.
    I bought a new crusier bike which I plan to ride on Sunday, my non walking day. Now all I have to do is sell the other one. I have been drinking more water, as it gets really hot in GA, and I don't want to get dehydrated.
    Joyce- great blood sugar numbers!
    Everyone have a great fourth!!!!

Tigress in GA
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi my fitness pals! :smile: Have had a good day so far; worked on the test bank a little, worked in the garden a lot, plumber was here to fix the sprinkler, DH has the next 4 days off….yayay. Now we need to get ready for company tomorrow!

Eileen: what a great photo!!! You look healthy and happy!:flowerforyou:

Kat: welcome aboard! No need to worry about not being able to keep up, there are many times I can’t either. Just pop in when you can and let us know how you are doing.

Sharon: wow you nearly made your June goal! Congrats!

Janie: I totally agree with the circular file!

Critter sue: my dog does not enjoy the fireworks…or thunder…either. Thank goodness he doesn’t go nuts, he just hides. I have friends whose dogs have to be sedated or they tear the house apart.

Yanniejannie: I hope you got your rest!

Renny: so glad you had a nice birthday!

BW: welcome aboard! You just did more exercise than I think I can do in a month! You are so right about this group being supportive and loving!

Jreneecal: congrats on the weight loss!:flowerforyou:

Grandmallie: you are right about moving on. Your story is similar to mine. Divorced in 94 after 13 years, and married my total soul mate in 96. I love him more today than ever!

Ohiomomm: wonderful news about your daughter coming home. I have a beautiful mental image of her and you sitting at the table in robes and drinking your morning coffee, peaceful and happy. Enjoy your visit!

Paula: welcome aboard. You will love coming here. Try not to type with the caps on as it is “shouting” on the keyboard. 

Heather: ow, ow, ow is right! Those groin strains hurt. Hope yours is gone soon.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: the offer still stands to come build an arc with me!

Katiebug: what a great plan you have for avoiding the candy dish!

Gail: stay safe in the storms. Do keep an eye on the leg thing with your new medication. What do you stuff your eggplant with?

Brooke: so kind of you to go to the memorial. I’m sure you were being thanked from above.

Ladygw: great goals!

Katla: good luck with the position. It sounds like you were being upfront and honest, which I’m sure people appreciate.

Sandy: I have found it difficult to plan meals when both DDs work. Their schedules come out after my shopping day, so I often have way too much in the way of produce (they don’t eat the leftovers) or way too little.

Jan: there is room for you in the arc! Hope your back gets better soon!

Joyce: wow such great victories with the inches AND blood glucose! I’m sure your physician will be proud of you!:happy:

DebA: have a great vacation

Brooke: interesting information. I actually had the same thought as Gail!:laugh:

Barbie: I’m surprised those frisky poodles of yours still have legs after all the walking they do.

OK I’m off to get some work done for company tomorrow. Need to pull out the big leaf in the dining room table and find a cloth that covers it in the smaller configuration. My DD is baking a cake that looks like flip flops, so she will no doubt want help. Enjoy the evening and have a great night! Take care, Meg from Omaha where preparations are underway for the senior open golf tournament. :drinker:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Theresa - welcome!

Rori - adorable gif

Sandy - what a lovely surprise you have in store for your dd

Gail - got this off the Net: In what appears to be a significant oversight, the Internal Revenue Service sent a total of $46,378,040 in refunds to "unauthorized" workers at one address in Atlanta, Ga., according to a report from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.

DawinVA - welcome!

Heather - sorry to hear about your dh's dd's husband

yardigress - I keep telling myself that one day Bryan will need us.

Yesterday (Tues) did a step DVD, Today I went to yoga and then deep water. Last night we went to Mexican train dominoes. In the afternoon I played mahjongg but didn't maj even once. Tomorrow I'm planning to do a Jari Love DVD. We have senior bowling this afternoon.

M - safe travels. WOW! A bikini, buy one and get rid of one, how wonderful ! I have no idea what happened to Bryan, he was never this selfish and self-centered. You know, a lot of times I'm not even telling people that we're going for the wedding. Honestly, I think Vince is telling more people. But I'm really viewing it more of a vacation, I'll get to go to Switzerland (Swiss chocolates, here I come!) and Paris.

Lin - have fun at the festival

Jan - how wonderful that you got to the gym and were able to use the weights. Great NSV!

Joyce - My SUS{ICION is that Bryan wanted the money so that he could give Diana the kind of wedding that she wanted. My understanding is that Spain is not exactly economically well-off, I read somewhere that the unemployment for 18-14 years olds is quite high. I remember the last time he was in LaReunion money was tight, he was doing some private tutoring to make ends meet. Jessica tells me that Diana posted on Facebook that they're moving to LaReunion in Aug. Now, is this Jessica's interpretations of whagt Diana said? I don't now. Perhaps Diana would like to move there (I think she feels its very pretty). I don't know what they're going to be doing.

Tina - welcome! What kind of animals do you work with?

Lucy in DE - I'm so happy for you changing things up. That'll really help.

Joyce - so great that you got so close to your goal on the bike. Pretty soon you'll be doing those 6 miles in less than 40 minutes. You're getting there!

Wileen - you and your dh look lovely!

Kat - so glad you came here, come back often

Renny - happy birthday!

BW in CA - this is a great group. Come in every day, you're more than welcome

Heather - I hate when I get a spasm. The only good thing is that they usually don't last a long time. Your meals sound so scrumptious

Made a banana chocolate cake this morning to put in the freezer. If Ken & Lynette come here for dinner this weekend, we can have that and something else. Or the next time Jessica comes down, we can have that.

DeeDee - I think the worst part of this rain is that it is humid. Normally, you don't feel the humidity, but with the rain you do. That part stinks

Went yesterday and got my hair colored (just touched up so that the roots don't show when we're in Europe)

ladygw - I'm sure you'll love yoga. I like to do it to compliment some of the other exercises I do.

Deb - have fun on your trip. That's so nice that you're giving your dd your refrigerato and getting what you want.

Janie - one time I fell while on the treadmill. It was SOOOO embarrassing, so I know how you felt. Congrats on those NSV's.

The pergola on the upper deck with the furniture

[img=http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/exermom/media/img_1389_zps49e36a73

IMG_1405_zps7d3af65e.jpg[][img]View from our deck: [img=http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/exermom/media/img_1423_zps83246287 The pool at dusk[/img]img_1424_zps72bcdba0.jpg.htmlimg_1424_zps72bcdba0.jpg

Let's see how this works

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    Options
    OK, what am I doing wrong?

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    sweetiesonthebed.jpg
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Michele? Why do you think you are doing something wrong? Is your computer possessed today?

So, I had an attack of the "I want to eat everything that doesn't move out of my way" today. Unfortunetly I was 12 miles from home and there were many, many temptations in between. I did not stop. I came home, threw chicken in the oven, and had a vegie & fat-free dressing portion while I waited. Then, since the chicken decided to take forever to bake, I went for a walk. I could only make 25 minutes, and I am still sweating and breathing a bit heavier than normal. I really do much better in the pool. But, I walked, so I have earned my gold star for today! I did not stop at Pizza Hut, Dunkin Doughnuts, Dairy Queen or any of the other places along the way, so, for that, I have earned my red star. I hope your days all went well and that you all earned your stars, too!

Pat (Phoo)
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Meg, I stuffed the eggplant with some leftover cornbread stuffing, onions and the inside of the eggplant. Not very exotic, but it was tasty.

Michele, I haven’t ever uploaded photos, but in comparing Barbie’s successful photo URL string to yours, Barbie’s starts with ‘URL=’ and your’s starts with ‘img=’. Maybe that is the difference?

Gail
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You know it's humid when:

You open the front door in the morning and the outside doorknob is dripping with condensation.

Your insulated Tervis Tumbler sweats.

Can you tell it's humid here????? Miserable day for it. Showers off and on all day. Ladies light exercise class and wt. machines this am; more than a third of the way to my elephant!!!! Finished squat challenge for the day; went back to gym for yoga and ended up leaving after 20 min. on treadmill.........decided I was too hungry to wait for class to start and then stay the hour for it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Rennie (albeit belated)............missed that somehow

Pass the DHEA, please!
    yanniejannie
  • exermom
    Options
    Pat - I MUST be doing something wrong since the pictures aren't showing up....lol Oh, my computer is possessed. The truth is, Vince puts things under certain topics, like "Mom H drive, then digital photos, then photos". Sometimes I really have to search for what he's done. But that's OK. Good for you resisting those temptations

Gail - you're right, maybe the URL starting is the difference. I'll try one picture and see how it goes:

The pergola on the upper deck with the furniture

[URL=http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/exermom/media/img_1389_zps49e36a73

Meg - I hear that Lowe's and Home Depot are having a shortage of lumber....lol

Michele in NC
    (who hopes it works this time)
  • exermom
    Options
    Nope, that didn't do it.

Guess I need step-by-step directions. Can anyone help me out?

Michele in NC
  • determinedinAZ
    determinedinAZ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies:flowerforyou:
    hope everyone has a safe and happy fourth of July....Americans anyway...
    trying to get back into the eating, logging, and exercising mode...:sad:
    finding it difficult...but staying with it.
  • mimisfat
    mimisfat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This will be the first time I've actually written down weight loss goals. I hope this will help me keep them because the weight loss has been REALLY SLOW over the past few months.

1. Eat 1200 calories a day.
    2. Walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
    3. Lose 1 - 11/2 pounds per week.
    4. Work in the garden 3-5 hours per week
    5. Sit less and move more.

Fran
    Clarksville, MD
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Love reading all the posts, don't know how everyone keeps up. You sure are motivating.
    I had an attack of the munchies today but kept it at a few healthy snacks and made myself
    exercise the extra calories back off.
    Have a wonderful and safe 4th!
    Julie, CA
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Michele...Jodios wrote great instructions back a couple of pages. Even I could follow them. Well, at least the second time:tongue: Maybe that would help. I'd love to see what you've done there!

Eileen in more humid than usual San Diego

Just checked. Instructions are on page 5.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Michele, I posted a picture trying to figure out what you might have done that kept your picture from showing up but in the middle of my experimenting, Jake reminded me that we were supposed to leave to be somewhere in a few minutes so I just left the picture and shut off the computer.

Here are some questions to consider:

there are several codes----are your using the IMG code?

when you change the IMG to img are you careful to not accidentally delete some of brackets around the letters?

BernieandSashalookoutthewindowBernieandSashalookoutthewindow-1.jpg
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm all moisturized and my teeth are nice and flossed and I've had no candy. Goodnight, all!
  • janie12835
    janie12835 Posts: 75
    Options
    Way to work your plan, good job!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi everyone bump for later, got back from holiday on Friday and been trying to catch up with myself since then

:noway: Can't believe it's Thursday already! I meant to check in with you all as soon as I got back - sorry!

:ohwell: Haven't had time to catch up with all your news yet, but sending good wishes to everyone. :heart: :heart

Viv xx
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate, happy Thursday to everyone else!!!

I`m going to a friends house today, I don`t have to cook:bigsmile: !!! I`m taking fruit and a big salad so there will be things for me to eat and still stay somewhat focused.

Viv:smile: Nice to see you again! Hope you had a fabulous holiday!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in still cloudy rainy NC:sad: , I think I`ve started to mold from all the rain:sick:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,324 Member
    Options
    Groin pain a bit better this morning tho I am still being very careful how I move. The slightest wrong move can twinge it off. I took a couple of paracetamol at 1.30 this am as I couldn't get comfortable. This morning I did the whole gym routine though I had to adapt my cycling position. I'm hoping for continued improvement.

Going to sow a line of salad today as our previous ones are all going to seed. I love the mixed leaves with the mustard etc. We often have a lunch time sandwich, though I try to vary what I have. DH would have a ham sandwich every day of his life! I like to mix my diet up with beans and left over veg. We absolutely stuff our sandwich to bursting with leaves!:love:

Thought I'd make some scones for DH to have for his tea and for DS and DDIL to have on Saturday before they leave. Then they can decide whether to have them with cheese or jam and cream. Cream tea anyone? !?!:laugh: :noway: I am very fussy about my scones and like them plain with no sugar and definitely no raisins. Yuk! Mine are delicious and in honour of my Dad I often just form the dough into a circle and cut it into 8, making triangular ones. My Dad was a great baker and did all the fancy cooking at our house. That's how I remember the scones, not circular ones. He also made Lemon Meringue Pie, Treacle Tart and Chocolate Eclairs. Quite something in the 50s when we weren't long out of rationing. My Mum made Rock Cakes, but only when I was very young before she went back to work.

HAPPY JULY 4TH to you all! :flowerforyou:

Today is the 43rd anniversary of my first marriage. I might honour it by emailing my ex to ask him why he still hasn't paid me the money left to me by my ex DMIL! :explode:

Peace to all men.

Lots of love and have a great holiday,
    Heather from warm and sunny Hampshire UK