WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2013

Options

Replies

• phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Just checking in quickly to say that I did get to the pool, I did eat my leafy green stuff, and I am having a great Tuesday! :laugh:
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. This will be short and sweet; DH and I are going out for a quick bite to eat, buy some fireworks and then need to pick up DD#2 from work. Weigh in day was disappointing; I am back to where I was 2 weeks ago; last week I gained a little, but now I’m back to where I was. I should be happy that I didn’t gain, but I have exercised a ton this week and have been under all week. Oh well, maybe it will show up next time.

Renny: happy birthday!!!

Michele: wow I guess I didn’t realize Bryan said you shouldn’t come to the wedding! Your heart must be hurting. Hugs!!!!!

M: our builder never got around to submitting his bid, so the insurance company just closed the claim. The new contractor was over at 7 this morning!

LinC: Nice to see you again!

4dogmom: haven’t seen you in a while either! Welcome back!

Katla: hope you feel better soon!

OK that’s all from here. Take care everyone. More tomorrow. Meg from Omaha
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    7d550ddd-2da4-4898-b397-883a8779e937_zpsd6ef6a9c.jpg[img][/img]

I want to see if I can do this. Thanks to Jodios for instructions...Now to see if I can follow them correctly.
    We just had some pictures taken in June.

I see the code, but not the picture so I must have missed something.:embarassed:
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Trying again.

7d550ddd-2da4-4898-b397-883a8779e937_zpsd6ef6a9c.jpg

I think I got it.

But...wow...it's almost life-sized! There must be a way to make pictures smaller, right?
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

This is my first post here, but I've been on MFP since August. I'd like to apologize in advance that I may not be able to keep up with all the posts here, that's what's stopped me from joining in in the past, but I'm giving it a go! I love the way this group is so supportive and I really appreciate the camaraderie of women our age.

My long term goal is a healthy life style with a side effect of losing weight and keeping it off for good. My short term goals for this month are getting to the gym more (it's not my favorite thing) and having an updated assessment with the trainer there and I have to make an appt with the dentist but I keep putting it off. :huh:

Kat from Maryland
  • sheril57
    sheril57 Posts: 19
    Options
    My name is Sharon, from Illinois

I know I posted goals for June but not sure where I posted them.
    I came up short 1 pound of my June Goals, I wanted to lose 14 pounds and only lost 13.

My July Goal is to remain under my daily calorie intake but to make smarter choices by pushing the fruits and veggies
    I want to lose another 10 # in July, it would put me in onderland and I can hardly wait since I forgot so long ago what that was like
    I also want to increase my exercise level
  • janie12835
    janie12835 Posts: 75
    Options
    4dogmom - now that you've said what happened to get you to the bottom, circular file it! :wink: That's been my problem before, spending too much time looking backwards and obsessing about what I did wrong. This time around I'm going to try and keep looking ahead, but not too far. Maybe 5 to 10 feet ahead on the path and remind myself that baby steps will still get me there instead of looking at the big picture and giving up. Enjoy the day! :flowerforyou:
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say a quick hello and to welcome all the new people here! :smile:
    Hope everyone has a great 4th! My dogs DO NOT enjoy that night...

Critter Sue
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

This is my first post here, but I've been on MFP since August. I'd like to apologize in advance that I may not be able to keep up with all the posts here, that's what's stopped me from joining in in the past, but I'm giving it a go! I love the way this group is so supportive and I really appreciate the camaraderie of women our age.

My long term goal is a healthy life style with a side effect of losing weight and keeping it off for good. My short term goals for this month are getting to the gym more (it's not my favorite thing) and having an updated assessment with the trainer there and I have to make an appt with the dentist but I keep putting it off. :huh:

Kat from Maryland

:flowerforyou: Kat, welcome...don't worry about keeping up with all the posts....read what you can, respond however you want to, share what you know about you lost all those pounds...we are so happy to have you in our community.....I made a goal a couple of months ago about making a dreaded doctor's appointment and it worked

:flowerforyou: Eileen, that is an awesome picture and it's even better because it's large enough to see :bigsmile:

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies,

Eileen....great pic!!!

Just came on to read posts and say a quick goodnight..........been a very long day---don't know if I'll be doing that Tues. 6am stretch class again; I'm really dragging. Did get to the movie.....The Heat........very funny in places but a lot of "language" most of which starts with f. Tai chi and yoga this evening. I'm way low on calories for me but too tired to care. Maybe I'll have another yogurt before bed.
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic---heavy rain off and on all day
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks for the birthday wishes all my Vitamin F friends.

:bigsmile: a bit of drama going on in the family, but nothing us strong ones can't handle. Bring it on and life goes on, drama or no drama!

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC (where it is lovely weather this time of summer)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks for the birthday wishes all my Vitamin F friends.

:bigsmile: a bit of drama going on in the family, but nothing us strong ones can't handle. Bring it on and life goes on, drama or no drama!

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC (where it is lovely weather this time of summer)

Happy Birthday, Renny. I hope it was a good day. Stay strong.
  • Brandonwiggins
    Options
    Hello ladies

I have been reading your sweet and loving messages this evening and am moved by your kindness and dedication.

This is my first time posting.

I just got back from a paddling trip in the Grand Canyon. It was great fun until the temperature got in to the 120's. I hiked out of the Bright Angel trail on Sunday to hear about those brave firefighters. I am so sad for their families, words can not describe.

I have been on MFP for a few months but have not really been too serious about it. I am about 25 pounds overweight .

While I was in the Grand Canyon last week, one of my paddle mates actually asked me if I had ever been to a gym.

Brutal...

I was the only overweight person out of the 29 people and frankly I was embarrassed.

So, as I wait for my divorce to be final, I think it is time to get serious.

You ladies seem to have a good thing going in helping each other, can I join your conversation ?

Best to you all and keep up the good work!!!

BW in California
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Been focusing on a July challenge and lost track of this thread! Glad to be back.
    Goals for July: Lose 8 lbs. keep increasing until at least 10,00 steps.
    Try to keep calories around 1200 and exercise at least 20-30 minutes 5 days a week.
    Off to a good start, hope to keep it up, have lost 4 pounds since 6/29 hope to be around 160 for my birthday on the 18th!
    Happy July everyone!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Brandonwiggin :flowerforyou: Welcome to our group. I love the Grand Canyon, one of our favorite places to visit. We have been there 3 times. Our daughter had the privilege of working there for an entire summer through 'Christian Ministry in the National Parks'. Her and her boyfriend got to preach and lead the music 3 times a week on the south rim. At least I think it was the south rim. We never ventured down in the canyon. All of were and still are to overweight and out of shape to take that trek.

Joyce, Indiana
  • janie12835
    janie12835 Posts: 75
    Options
    BW in California - :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: so glad you're here where every person is incredibly supportive. I've been here but a short time, don't know a lot of the names, etc. yet. Still, I come here to read everyone's posts (although I haven't been able to catch all of them) and they are all so inspiring. These ladies are great, you will find affirmation and support whenever you need it. I remember going through divorce - it was so painful and I often felt isolated. Reach out whenever you need to. You can made it through. You will not just survive, but flourish. ~ janie in the Pacific NW
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    just stoppin in to say Howdee!!
    well I think ive gained about a lb and a half:grumble: think it is the sodium. I will not stress over it though, im just gonna keep truckin along..
    i got up at 4:15 a.m. and instead of the gym im going for a walk, then I will be mowing the lawn, I go into work today at noon..
    Welcome to the newbies, you will find love and comfort here. and I to have been through a divorce,It is never easy,but you take things one day at a time,and you get through it, I got divorced ,Jan 96 and married the love of my life the following september. and we have been married 16 yrs.
    It does get better..
    Renny so glad you got the job~ whooo hoooo
    I am hoping everyone here in the states has a wonderful 4th of july weekend.
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!!

Sorry to shout but - you know how sometimes you just wake up and you are in the BEST mood? Well, that's how I'm feeling this morning. As I've mentioned, my 20-yo DD comes home tonight and I am just so excited that I can hardly stand it. I've seen her several times this year but always for just a day or so and one or both of us was staying in a hotel. Having her home - sleeping in her own bed, sitting in her place at the kitchen table and just generally getting to spend time really catching up with what's going on in her life? As they say in the commercial.... Priceless!

I'm trying to get an early start on my day at work so that I can cut out early. Hugs to all who need them, welcome to all of the new posters and I hope everyone has a terrific day! (and happy Independence Day if I don't get back here before then)
  • paulastew
    paulastew Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GOOD EARLY MORNING !

I AM FROM CAMBRIDGE ONTARIO CANADA

JUST TURNED 50! WS A WW LEADER AND AFTER MY ATHER PSSED AWY I SLOWLY GAINED BCK THE 30 ILOST.

JULY GO AL IS TO GET BACK ON TRACK

LOGGING FOOD HONESTLY

DRINKING LESS ALCOHOL

LOSE 5 POUNDS

CONTINUE TO RUN AND BIKE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK

DOING MY JILLIAN AB AND 30 DAY SHRED EVERY MORNING BEFORE WORK

EAT HEALTHY CHOICES 1200 CALS A DAY HEALTHY CHOICES

GOOOD LUCK AND HEALTHY JULY TO ALL

PAULASTEWIE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :love:
    Woops :angry: - this morning woke up with groin strain.:noway: Didn't have it when I went to bed so I thought I might have been lying awkwardly. Tried to move and everything went into spasm! Ow! Ow! Ow!
    I could have pulled something at yoga yesterday, but it's odd that I didn't have any trouble yesterday. I have had a similar thing before, about 8 years ago and it took about a year to heal.:ohwell: It seemed to get a bit better after breakfast so I gingerly tried the rowing machine. Not brilliant, but managed. Went on the elliptical and found as I warmed up that was OK. Then tried the recumbent bike - :noway: - Ow! So I went back on the elliptical and did my best time ever! Finished with some stretches so we will see. It feels OK at the moment, but I am just lying on the bed, full of Ibuprofen.
    Here's s hoping it is just a temporary blip. Boy did it hurt - I was really sweating.:cry:

Welcome to the new people. Wow, that is some weight loss! Congratulations:flowerforyou:

Hope to get a bit of shopping for DS' s visit on Friday, if my leg holds out. I'm going to do prawn and lime kebabs from skinny taste for starters and chicken in black bean sauce for mains with an oriental salad and rice. I have already nailed the brownies for dessert, just need to make chocolate sauce! ! !:laugh: For DGS I have frozen a portion of my ragu. He loves pasta and sauce.:love: The adults are out for lunch on Saturday, so I only have to provide early snack supper before they head off back to London.

I am so hoping my leg improves, as if I can't exercise I can't eat! :noway: I first started exercising simply because I wanted to eat.:laugh: The health benefits actually came as a surprise! I love my food. I am currently eating 1650 a day or a bit more if I have done strength training. And it's all delicious! Still losing about 1 lb per fortnight.

Love to all. I so love reading all your goings on, sad, mad, good and bad. :devil: :bigsmile:

Heather in cloudy, dull Hampshire UK