WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2013

Options

Replies

• polly2play
    polly2play Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies ~ what inspiration in reading your messages (up way too late ~ but worth it!).

I love your pictures, support and insights.

I have almost a month under my belt recording every morsel (good, bad, and ugly). I started last year but have been gone a LONG time (working in another city and helping out friends with health issues.)

Now it's time to focus on my HEALTH. And I'm feeling very positive about MFP and what looks to be a lovely supportive community.

I need to lose 1/2 body weight - and since it's my 50 year High School reunion in Aug. 2014 - I'm giving myself a year to accomplish this. I've lost 7 lbs during July -- my practice month. Now it's time to get really serious.

Thanks for being here.

polly ~ a great gram from No. CA
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Just marking my place.......

Best wishes.:heart::heart:

Lin in Central Iowa
  • altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning from sunny Cheshire, England. Well sunny for a minute, then cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy ..... The lovely weather we had at the start of my holiday became more unsettled a few days ago. It's still mild but we've had some good thunderstorms too. It's my last full day here and I fly home tomorrow afternoon, arriving in Boston around 5pm. I'm going to a lovely fish restaurant for lunch today with my parents, then picking up my 14 year old niece to spend some time with her. I've had a really lovely holiday and had lots of time with my parents, for which I'm truly grateful, but I'm also ready to get home and get back on track. I'm missing my husband and kiddywinks.

Helen in Cheshire until tomorrow.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Bump for later:heart:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I have no time this morning:sad: , but wanted to pop in and wish you all a fabulous day:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: !!!!

Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in sunny for today :glasses: NC
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot. BBL
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    morning my friends,
    Im up and walked 3 miles,made the DH dinner and lunch for tomorrow and having a cup of tea..
    I drink 16 oz of warm lemon water when I first wake up, does anyone else do this? from what I read it has a ton of healing properties and is very good for you.. So I do it:wink:
    I am feeling really good, even though I haven't dropped anymore weight I know it will come off eventually.gotta have faith right?
    next week I am working full time for my friend Zina is on vacation and she works hard so she deserves it
    I made my lunch,2 Tbl of Zesty Lemon Hummus with a whole bunch of cut up veggies
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!

Today's weather sounds like the perfect summer day for me!! Mid 70's, mostly sunny. We will be spending most of it with friends in kayaks on a beautiful lake in the Adirondack mountains. It doesn't get any better than this!!

Michele- Glad there wasn't more damage. My SIL lost everything in their basement a few months ago after a heavy storm. Their basement is totally finished with their bedroom and family room. I agree that tile floors would be hard to exercise on.

I just looked at the clock and must get going!! Can't be late for our meet-up with friends!

Have a great day!!

Deb A in CNY
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies, beautiful sunny day here and cooler so today I will work at getting those nasty weeds out of my garden.
    Have a great day

Juanita in sudbury
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    “A smile is the cheapest way to improve your looks.”

Brooke from Colorado
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump-- see you later!
    Gail, metroATL
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I’m just finishing my breakfast shake (24 grams of protein, 24 grams of carbs, calcium, and a bunch of other nutritious stuff) and the dogs are watching me from the couch waiting to go on our long walk. Bernie, the cat, woke me unnecessarily early this morning ---I have no dance class or early meeting so I could have slept later. I walked the dogs one at a time and did 150 of the 210 squats for my challenge today.

:bigsmile: Deb, kayaks in the Adirondacks sounds awesome

:flowerforyou: Grandmallie, warm lemon water sounds comforting and tasty…I drink 4 ounces of a warm B Vitamin beverage called Ionix Supreme in the morning but more liquid than that would be a problem for my 2 hour dog walk……I do most of my water drinking later in the day.

:heart: Barbie from warm and sunny NW Washington

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Busy busy summer days, haven't had much time to write. Woke up to the sound of baby wrens squawking away with annoying little screeches, but they're so darned cute. :huh:

I've been canning beans and corn, today I have lots of watering to do and need to pick raspberries. The garden is producing like mad, I've been enjoying heaps of steamed fresh veggies, and grilled zuchhini. :love: Yellow crookneck is my fave, so buttery tasting!

My "Phase 2" program is working well, I've lost 2 lbs and going for a 3rd this week. This phase includes working out on the track 5 days a week and keeping calories around 1350. Yesterday it was 1450, did lots of munching in the afternoon! When I get a good calorie burn my body says Eat. :wink: I'm trying to listen close and feed it well.

The weekend was fun, had friends over for a card party and BBQ, I made a fresh fruit tart with cantaloupe, cherries, oranges and blueberries, topped with a raspberry glaze. :bigsmile: Heavenly!

Wishing everyone a wonderful summer day, it's gorgeous weather here.:glasses:

:smile: jb in Portland
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    oh, I lost my last post. I didn't see the "continued at this topic" link. Oh well......

jodios - a good friend of mine lives in Hawaii and she's telling me all about the bad weather. Stay safe. Oh, we had another loss due to the water in the basement. Vince had a cardboard cutout of the M&M race car driver and that got ruined. Do hope you get to enjoy yourself. You know what they say "it's always darkest before the sun"

Polly - good for you recording EVERYTHING, even the bad. That helps so much. Someone (I don't remember who) once said on here that if you don't, you're only kidding yourself. Welcome to a great group

Helen - I know what you mean about being ready to get back home. I so enjoyed going to Europe, but, honestly, I was ready to come home and get back in my routine. I'm washing the darks from our trip right now. With all this rain and us being on a septic, I've been careful

Did an hour of Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Walk DVD today. Tomorrow is yoga and then deep water. One of the branches of the Y is closed due to water damage. Fortunately, that's not the branch that I go to very much, really not at all.

Brooke - thanks for the quote

I washed and am now letting the grapes that I'll take to senior bowling tomorrow dry.

Need to post this so that I have my place marked.

I got some over-ripe bananas yesterday. I think I'll go peel them and freeze them

Michele from NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I haven’t fallen off the earth, but this is my first chance to use my computer with electricity and wifi. I’m in the lovely Port of Cathalmet, Washington, this morning, and planning to head back up river toward home today. Everyone else is still sleeping, which is why I have the opportunity to post. :wink:

We’ve had a lovely trip so far. DS and DDIL are with us but we’ll be dropping them off in Ranier, OR, later today. We’ll have dinner together, and then they’re off to move cars around and take a bunch of their stuff away from our storage unit. Yay! We’re considering coming back here and rejoining our friends on the boating trip or just going on home. I’m presently in favor of going on home. I looked at the weather report and it isn’t pretty for tomorrow and the next few days.:noway:

Today is DS’s 38th birthday and I don’t have a gift for him, or even an idea. We did give him and DDIL a barbecue as a house-warming gift and I said housewarming and birthday at the time, but I’m not happy with that. Problem is that I don’t have any good ideas. I asked them for ideas for their birthdays. DDIL supplied a good one for herself, but DS couldn’t think of anything. I’m like that so I have sympathy but also no ideas.:grumble:

Next post will probably be from home. Have a great day and be happy.:flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful SW Washington at the moment

July goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I know I sound like a broken record but I feel so blessed that I have this thread of lovely women to keep coming back to again and again! I love sharing my ups and downs with you all and hearing about your lives and offering my support and encouragement to all of you!! :heart: All of you keep me motivated! :flowerforyou: On that note, I'm happy to report that unofficially (it's not my weigh-in day til Thurs,), I'm a half pound shy of being at the weight I was before vacation!! :happy: NSV-Realized at the pool yesterday that I desperately need a smaller swimsuit. This one is very baggy now, although part of that is just being stretched out of shape from constant washing I'm sure. Started last year at the pool with a 2X, then down to a 16W, now hopefully a 14! I do have one pair of stretchy 14 jeans now. The nice thing about the job that I'm starting tomorrow, is that I can wear jeans. I just have to buy a few nice tops today. At least I'll get some walking in at the mall. :laugh: Everything is going great right now but I've been kind of down the last few days. Not sure why. Maybe missing loved ones who left this world too soon or missing relationships that have fallen apart (esp. how things ended with my stepdaughter) but I know it's not healthy to dwell on past conflicts. Just putting one foot in front of the other and thanking God for all the good in my life. Hugs to all!

Kathy in cloudy IL
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A little less humid here today. Tonight is the last of the July Tues. evening summer picnics..........and it's the big fundraiser for the scholarship fund. I'll pick up my 10 watermelons and head over there to start setting up about 3pm. Skipped zumba this am; my right calf is a bit sore and I know I'll be on my feet about 5-6hrs. this evening at the fundraiser.

Janie..........we are lifting the largest elephant (27,000lbs.) ever recorded at the gym.........."how many can you lift in 3 months?" is the contest..........I am in no way competing, just trying to get a few under my belt because it intrigues me (and I like saying it!!)......there are guys up in the 20's already. One woman (a friend) has 3 and she was on a heart transplant list a few years ago.........super remarkable recovery!!!! So proud of her!!!

Terri.........fires are so scary; stay out of harm's way

Vicki...........great work on your lab results!!!

Helen.............have a safe trip back to the states

Katla........sounds like you're having a great time...

Jodios......hope sunny Hawaii actually gets sunny!!!

Hello to everyone else......Got to run, everyone have a great day!!!!
    yanniejannie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Not having to wear the sling as much and finally getting caught up on my transcription. DH is going to be out of town Thursday through Sunday and I am looking forward to a few days by myself. It will be quiet around the house with just me and the pets. My best friend is coming on Friday and we are going out to lunch and to see my horse. That will be a good day. It has been cooler here in SD and I have really enjoyed it. Just wish I had been able to ride my horse. Oh well time is passing and soon I will start PT and there will be an end in sight to this recovery. Been thinking about August goals already.

Liz - Enjoy all the time you can get with your sister.

Pat - I loved your philosopher post. It seemed to me to hit right on the button. Thanks.

Jodios- Hope Hawaiian weather improves for you.

Healing angels to those who need them and congratulations to all with victories. Sue in SD
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just bumping and lurking still. Been very busy with an on-line class, company, getting ready for VBS, school work, etc.

I do read everything every day though. You are all so inspiring. :love:

Eileen from sunny San Diego
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies – well our heat wave has finally broken. Our air conditioner has been off for a week. Last night it got down to the 60’s so made for perfect sleeping weather. Had a wonderful weekend, spent the day at the beach on Saturday and on Sunday me and hubby went for brunch and then to a craft show.

Went overboard on Saturday, we went to Red Robin and I had the clams and fries, MFP had the calories at 1400 (for one meal!!), but that was the only day I went over the calorie goal. Otherwise, the week has been good on my step and workout goals. Hard to believe the month on July is nearly gone!!!

Today is a picture perfect day, would be a good day to play hooky from work.

:smile: Heather – a possible recommendation for you while in Rome is Hostaria Antica Roma, you’d have to take a taxi but we’ve been there twice and it is one of my favorites. The owner is great and the food is wonderful. I will also have to try your recommendation of the zucchini muffins.
    :smile: Amanda – congratulations on the wonderful news of your daughter’s pregnancy.
    :smile: Rori – hope you are feeling better and getting your energy back.
    :smile: Sandy – I always try (key word is try) to get my workouts in before work. I like knowing that I have that under my belt and no matter what they day throws my way getting my workout is done.
    :smile: Janemartin – congratulations on hubby’s new job.
    :smile: Barbie – thanks so much for sharing your progress in pictures, you’ve made great strides in a years time!!! Beautiful picture of the lilly.
    :smile: Grandmallie – I know its hard not to get frustrated with the scale. I am in a similar boat. I feel I am doing everything right, but I am hardly getting any southern movement. Keep at it, one day at a time!!!
    :smile: Jodios – good luck in riding out the storm, hopefully you don’t get any damage.

Be well,
    Suzy