2016 Lenten Challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I usually let my kids choose what I give up. This year it is alcohol and soda. :( I'm adding that I will do something active every day. I'm an accountant and sit all day long... sometimes it's hard to even get 4000 steps in a day! Yikes.
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Returning to MFP after a few years. Previously successful, but gained all my weight and then some back. Need to get back into healthier habits. This Lent I hope to let go and let God. Pray for the strength to stay on track spiritually and physically. Get back to regular cardio and strength training. Need to lose lbs for better health and TTC. Will pray for all of you. Please keep me in yours. Have a blessed Lenten season.
  • lisakammwang
    lisakammwang Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I want to track my food intake every day of lent; exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 days per week (if I don't have the opportunity to exercise that day - to at least hit my 10,000 steps); with the ultimate goal of losing 20 lb.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    Oh-Kay, I need help already. I'm dealing with a health scare that leaves me under basically house arrest until it clears up. My interim wound care doc, a PA by licensure, just made a house call to re-evaluate things after I accidentally put pressure on the site this weekend (trying to watch the game). Apparently, I made the tissue quite angry, and may have caused a moderate infection. It's all I can do not to hide in the nearest hole and cry! HAALLLP!
    Bump
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    For this lent season I'd like to:
    1. Do some daily bible reading
    2. Bring my lunch to work (I'm ill prepared for this one, so will start Monday) ***this one will be the hardest for me***
    3. Get in a workout during lunch 2 days a week
    4. Pay closer attention to macros and try to limit carbs and sugar

The idea of donating the pounds lost in money to church sounds like an awesome idea!
  • rmhowell11
    rmhowell11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am donating the £ equivalent of the lbs I lose over Lent to Charity

I like this idea...I think I will follow the same. Thank you for the idea. =)
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Doing_me wrote: »
    So I am doing the "traditional" lent and will be vegan for the next 46 days. For this year, I will also eliminate refined sugar, add at least one green smoothie to every day.

Vegan-- that is really challenging for me, from a cooking perspective-- do you have any favorite websites/recipes? Have you done this before? Very cool idea...

I love using yummly.com because you can eliminate things you dont like as well as add specific infredients but I also follow a whole bunch of IG accounts of vegan foodies which have amazing tips, tricks and recipes.

• conniesoper
    conniesoper Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just foundout im prediabetic so have to make changes now. So giving up refined sugars/carbs, adding downtime with my Bible each day--- with Gods help!
  • tleonhardt
    tleonhardt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I will add forgiveness and compassion for family members who remain stuck in a pattern of abuse and self-destruction. I will also practice self-compassion. I will strive to give up unrealistic ideas of "fixing" or healing anyone's heart but my own. I will add daily reflection and prayer and take responsibility for my thoughts, feelings and actions. I will give up anger, bitterness and resentment. I will add more positivity and love to my daily walk. I will challenge negative thinking and choose what I think and what I eat wisely. I will strive to practice the serenity prayer daily. I will measure my self-worth not by numbers on the scale or calories burned, but by knowing intuitively and gratefully that I am a child of God.
  • zenthebird
    zenthebird Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well said, tleaonhardt! I was all, "I gave up beer and fish 'n chips."
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up capcake, little mini muffins are my fav post gym snack.

I will be ding some sort of exercise even if it's just mild stretching on my none gym days