I'm tired, cranky now I read Kate Upton is fat?!

Options

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m0izxoB0w51qfczas_zpsaf1c1611.gif
    In.

This .gif is wonderful.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.

Wha...I...I have no words for this.

I don't ever fantasize about my ribcage and hip bones sticking out.

^^ You took the burger... Oopps I mean words right outta my mouth!!! I dont find anything attractive or sexy about skin on bones...yuk!

Another person who sees a problem with others criticizing Kate Upton's weight, but who does not see a problem with criticizing the weight of traditional runway models. Nice.

Why is it necessary to say "yuk" about another woman's body at all? You can say that you think Kate Upton has a beautiful figure without saying that women who don't have her figure are gross. Novel concept in this thread, I know. :noway:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Something funny to me...I don't think Kate Upton is fat but I just looked up her measurements and I have almost the same measurements as her and I think that I'm fat LOL.

Go figure.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m57kx9Mk7o1qzy531o1_500_zpse5468abb.jpg
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.

^^ You took the burger... Oopps I mean words right outta my mouth!!! I dont find anything attractive or sexy about skin on bones...yuk!

Another person who sees a problem with others criticizing Kate Upton's weight, but who does not see a problem with criticizing the weight of traditional runway models. Nice.

Why is it necessary to say "yuk" about another woman's body at all? You can say that you think Kate Upton has a beautiful figure without saying that women who don't have her figure are gross. Novel concept in this thread, I know. :noway:

I don't like people who don't like other people, because people who don't like other people aren't the kind of people I like.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    This thread...I don't even...

It seems fat is still, very much, a feminist issue.

Why is to so much harder to celebrate women's bodies for the wonderful, diverse range that they come in (viva la difference) rather than belittle, criticise, mock, or degrade them?
  • maundrelle
    maundrelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How do you know she doesn't work out?

She works hard, apparently, otherwise she wouldn't be a famous model.

Just because a model is plus size does not mean they don't work out or live an unhealthy lifestyle. You should know that industry-standard models (non plus size) are not an accurate representation of women in general. They don't "work harder", they are just thinner.

Have a good day :smile:
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WTF? Wow this world is crazy.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Lifting a cheesburger off a plate and holding it in the air without taking a bite is 'hard work'.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    When I saw her on the cover of sports illustrated, I was like, "Wow; they put a plus size model on the cover. That's progressive." She's not "fat" for a person walking on the street, but she certainly has at least 2 times the body fat of a standard model. Why does she get paid for that? I think models should have to work for it... Their job is to look good... That's all they have to do. And she doesn't bother to work out? That's just lazy.

:huh: :noway:
  • MiawMiawMiaw
    MiawMiawMiaw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be as 'fat' as her!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Lifting a cheesburger off a plate and holding it in the air without taking a bite is 'hard work'.

I used to get payed for playing World Of Warcraft.

My friends got paid $25k for playing a video game.

It isn't about "hard work". Its about being able to do the job well enough for others to hire you. I mean if you come to Middle East, there are people here who's sole "business" is to sponsor immigrants into the country and since any immigrant cannot work without a sponsor, all these businessmen have to do is give them sponsorship (5 minutes work) and collect thousands from the immigrants.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    she ain't fat but she shouldn't model
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    she ain't fat but she shouldn't model

I think the modeling agencies and the companies hiring her to model for her would disagree :)
  • Perplexities
    Options
    tumblr_m57kx9Mk7o1qzy531o1_500_zpse5468abb.jpg

434762395348125738166547_zpsd9cf7bc2.gif
  • Amiike
    Amiike Posts: 21
    Options
    Amazing what the media did to some people. Kate looks stunning and healthy to me..
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I don't like people who don't like other people, because people who don't like other people aren't the kind of people I like.

:laugh:

Also I'm cranky this morning. I don't know if you could tell. :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How do you know she doesn't work out?

She works hard, apparently, otherwise she wouldn't be a famous model.

Just because a model is plus size does not mean they don't work out or live an unhealthy lifestyle. You should know that industry-standard models (non plus size) are not an accurate representation of women in general. They don't "work harder", they are just thinner.

Have a good day :smile:
    She may have said that in an interview. It has been a trend for a very long time for models and actresses to claim they don't watch what they eat and don't exercise.

Doesn't mean it's true, though. I highly doubt Kate Upton doesn't exercise and I'm certain she doesn't eat those burgers on the regular.
  • Perplexities
    Options

:laugh:

Also I'm cranky this morning. I don't know if you could tell. :flowerforyou:

had no idea. :happy:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I evidently still have sleep in my eyes... could someone please help me find the "fat" on Kate Upton?

kate-upton-31.jpg