I'm tired, cranky now I read Kate Upton is fat?!

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that's an unfortunate picture, but who here doesn't have one or a dozen + pictures close up or caught off guard or making some ridiculous face that we hope the world never sees? Her eyes are still enchanting.

I really don't see what's so bad about it. A waxing of the upper lip and an eyebrow plucking may be in order, but I don't find moles and freckles unattractive. Cindy Crawford was known for her mole.

This is still a beautiful face.

I wasn't saying it was a bad picture. Just that it was not her most flattering picture, mostly because it is so close. Someone posted it (I guess) in an attempt to show her not so hot side. I was simply saying we all have pictures we might be less proud of. It happens. She is still beautiful. Its just not a flattering picture. Period.
    I didn't mean you thought it was bad. I was agreeing with you, mostly. :-)

Obviously someone(s) thought it was somehow terribly unattractive.

if that's the worst picture that could be found, I'd be pretty happy, but then I post my own no makeup, tired looking progress pics, lol.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    that's an unfortunate picture, but who here doesn't have one or a dozen + pictures close up or caught off guard or making some ridiculous face that we hope the world never sees? Her eyes are still enchanting.

I really don't see what's so bad about it. A waxing of the upper lip and an eyebrow plucking may be in order, but I don't find moles and freckles unattractive. Cindy Crawford was known for her mole.

May be in order?
    She has a mustache, a uni-brow and yellow teeth.

Coming from yet another headless torso.
    Options

May be in order?

its a good thing we're all perfect. :wink:
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m0izxoB0w51qfczas_zpsaf1c1611.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have heard she only got famous because her dad is someone who is very rich and basically paid for her to be "discovered." Could be rumors.
    *cough*NicholasCage*cough*
    :huh: :noway:
    kate-upton-mother-and-father.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEWA3xQ7pOA
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

May be in order?

:flowerforyou:

Did she turn you down for a date or something?
    Options

May be in order?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

maybe this is a male/female divide issue. guys love to compare, rank, rate etc...maybe it comes from how much we do it with athletes so we carry it over to models, actors etc....

we call professional athletes slow, old, weak etc....thats probably why we call models fat, old etc....
  • rml_16
    Options

maybe this is a male/female divide issue. guys love to compare, rank, rate etc...maybe it comes from how much we do it with athletes so we carry it over to models, actors etc....

we call professional athletes slow, old, weak etc....thats probably why we call models fat, old etc....
    Eh. This guy seems to like to stir up trouble and make rude remarks in general.

And, really, you can't compare those two things. One is objective and the other subjective and mean.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

Well since you mentioned how men like to compare and rank:

She ranked #3 on the American publication of AskMen's Top 99 Women for 2013, behind only Jennifer Lawrence (#1) and Mila Kunis (#2).

In 2012, she was listed on Maxim's HOT 100 list, citing her photo shoots with Sports Illustrated.

She's also the only other model to do back-to-back covers for the SI Swimsuit Issue (besides Tyra Banks in '96/'97). I hear that issue is kinda popular with men.

(These rankings and more can be found at her Wikipedia page.)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the kind of guys who go "ugh... stray facial hairs, her teeth aren't perfect, and her skin creases when she bends... she's gross" are guys who have extremely limited hands-on experience with real, live women.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the kind of guys who go "ugh... stray facial hairs, her teeth aren't perfect, and her skin creases when she bends... she's gross" are guys who have extremely limited hands-on experience with real, live women.

^this...

...and certainly for "real, live women" over the age of [insert somewhat arbitrary age here].
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Well since you mentioned how men like to compare and rank:

She ranked #3 on the American publication of AskMen's Top 99 Women for 2013, behind only Jennifer Lawrence (#1) and Mila Kunis (#2).

In 2012, she was listed on Maxim's HOT 100 list, citing her photo shoots with Sports Illustrated.

She's also the only other model to do back-to-back covers for the SI Swimsuit Issue (besides Tyra Banks in '96/'97). I hear that issue is kinda popular with men.

(These rankings and more can be found at her Wikipedia page.)

those lists are the result of publicity firms. miley cyrus was the top this year. does anyone really think miley is the hottest person on the planet?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    does anyone really think miley is the hottest person on the planet?

Have you seen Miley's body? It's incredible. I don't care for her music, but the chick looks amazing. But I can understand a magazine pushing Miley Cyrus to bump up record sales.

But Kate Upton doesn't have a record contract (yet) or movies to promote (yet). They put her on magazine covers for one reason and one reason only. She sells.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    So, I'm just here to point out that Kate Upton is just barely 21. Yes, she is legal, but most of the guys that go on about how sexy she is are old enough to be her dad. She has a great body and is pretty, but I see her as "cute" not "sexy" simply because even with all that makeup she still has a baby face. I'm the same way.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Victoria Secret/Supermodel/Bikini Model standards I can see how she could be, but honestly from my perspective her figure is covetable.

She would only be a UK size 10-12 (I use that because Australian's sizes uses pretty much the same methodology)

In saying that her covers make her look more petite...As they say 'Air brushing works a gem'

To be fair, lingerie models (VS models) are bigger than most high fashion models. They want them to appear full and healthy, not all bones. Granted, they are still very thin girls, they're bigger than most high fashion runway models.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret/Supermodel/Bikini Model standards I can see how she could be, but honestly from my perspective her figure is covetable.

She would only be a UK size 10-12 (I use that because Australian's sizes uses pretty much the same methodology)

In saying that her covers make her look more petite...As they say 'Air brushing works a gem'

To be fair, lingerie models (VS models) are bigger than most high fashion models. They want them to appear full and healthy, not all bones. Granted, they are still very thin girls, they're bigger than most high fashion runway models.

Well lingerie models is where the world between pinup models and fashion models collide.
  • rml_16
    Options

Kate also has a body type that's pretty unforgiving. A tiny waist compared to hips creates an illusion of being much smaller than you are. So she would appear larger than a woman with a small waist who was the exact same size.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Well lingerie models is where the world between pinup models and fashion models collide.

That's a new way of thinking of it...you're not wrong though! Thinking of it, I am pretty sure Kate has been in some of their catalogs, but there was a big stink because the fashion director or whoever said she wasn't fit for the runway.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Kate also has a body type that's pretty unforgiving. A tiny waist compared to hips creates an illusion of being much smaller than you are. So she would appear larger than a woman with a small waist who was the exact same size.

I think it kind of depends a little. My mother and I were the same weight, but people thought she was much smaller and thinner than me. I have a more curvy figure. I have a very small waist and a very curvy booty and thighs. I also have a smaller rib cage and smaller shoulders than her. But, her friend thought I was lying about my weight and that I was heavier than her. My mom has the straight body type, so her waist is not as small as mine, her rib cage and shoulders are bigger than mine. Her hips and booty are smaller than mine, and she has very very skinny legs with a thigh gap. we both weighed 100 pounds. I got my figure from my bio father's side of the family combined with the small frame and petiteness of my mother's side of the family.