I'm tired, cranky now I read Kate Upton is fat?!

Options
ldrosophila
ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
OK so I live under a rock apparently, but I was looking up my girl crush, Kate Upton, and read she is considered fat. What the freakers? She's fat?! If she's fat then there's no hope for the rest of us. The epitome of femininity and she's considered fat, wow... :grumble:

I was already tired and cranky and now I'm po'ed.

Replies

• Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options
    If that's the case, then I'm a chubby chaser.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    (Had to google who that was...lol)

Hooo boy. I wish I could be fat like her.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i don't know who considers her fat, but it's got to be this guy:

The-Nightmare-Before-Christmas-nightmare-before-christmas-877225_653_1024.jpg
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    When I saw her on the cover of sports illustrated, I was like, "Wow; they put a plus size model on the cover. That's progressive." She's not "fat" for a person walking on the street, but she certainly has at least 2 times the body fat of a standard model. Why does she get paid for that? I think models should have to work for it... Their job is to look good... That's all they have to do. And she doesn't bother to work out? That's just lazy.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    2vufxh2.jpg
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I seriously hope, one day, to be as fat as her.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Kate's hot. The only one's that consider her fat are the psycho's in the modeling industry that will send a girl home to lose weight if she graces their doorstep wearing a size 6.

And we wonder why there's so many young girls with eating disorders! :explode:
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    When I saw her on the cover of sports illustrated, I was like, "Wow; they put a plus size model on the cover. That's progressive." She's not "fat" for a person walking on the street, but she certainly has at least 2 times the body fat of a standard model. Why does she get paid for that? I think models should have to work for it... Their job is to look good... That's all they have to do. And she doesn't bother to work out? That's just lazy.

please tell me you're not serious...
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    wow yup that's the industry for you- your just a number to them...size

ask any guy if they could have that or a size 0 which one they would choose....gonna be Kate's body type hands down.....
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

This is a joke, right?
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options

please tell me you're not serious...

Ah, sadly, I think she is. Her job is to look good and she looks DAMN good. I'll take her "plus size" body any day.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, she's hot!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    she's not fat..she's PHAT!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well this is going to go well.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Must be all those burgers she had to eat...
    kate-upton-carls-jr-02.jpg

Wish I looked that good eating a burger :embarassed:
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    She isn't fat but she isn't thin like most models and on occasion I have thought she could lose an inch around her middle/hip area to be honest. That said, she looks freaking fantastic.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    oh god-another Kate Upton thread

to some people she is, to some she's not-get over it