I'm tired, cranky now I read Kate Upton is fat?!

Options

Replies

• beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Can't believe nobody have posted this yet

ixCaC4yIxYAev.gif

Dance for me Kate... DANCE!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    When I saw her on the cover of sports illustrated, I was like, "Wow; they put a plus size model on the cover. That's progressive." She's not "fat" for a person walking on the street, but she certainly has at least 2 times the body fat of a standard model. Why does she get paid for that? I think models should have to work for it... Their job is to look good... That's all they have to do. And she doesn't bother to work out? That's just lazy.

:huh: :grumble: :noway:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.

Well models should also represent health while they're at it. Nothing wrong with fantasy models, just not enough average ones out there. Everywhere you turn you see size 0 models. No wonder girls who are Kate's size think they're fat..

I think its up to us, as parents to teach our daughters what healthy looks like. Not the fashion industry. My daughter is aware that a size 0 doesn't always mean unhealthy. Neither does a size 12. I prefer to be my daughters role model.

You are embracing this old school retro thing of raising your kids instead of the media? You must be crazy, we all know you have to sit your kids in front of a TV or a computer and let them do the rest.

:flowerforyou:

you retromom, you!
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I saw her on the cover of sports illustrated, I was like, "Wow; they put a plus size model on the cover. That's progressive." She's not "fat" for a person walking on the street, but she certainly has at least 2 times the body fat of a standard model. Why does she get paid for that? I think models should have to work for it... Their job is to look good... That's all they have to do. And she doesn't bother to work out? That's just lazy.

L M F A O.

Hoo-hoo! That's the best laugh I've had in a while. Are you kidding me? Kate Upton is not "plus size". If you consider a model that's a size 0-1 to be "perfect" or the "right weight" then you're absolutely insane. Those girls don't define what real women look like, they define what women that are treated like crap and have to starve half the time look like. If they drop five pounds you'd see every bone in their body, and it would be disgusting.

Models are also partially what's wrong with how girls view themselves today, thinking that if they aren't skinny like the girl in Cosmo or a VS angel then they are fat, and they aren't good role models at all.

Kate Upton is gorgeous, and that's that. She's not plus size. The "plus size" term, as much as I despise it, is normally starting at what, 18-20w? She's no where close.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm about half her size and I'm disgusting to look at. If someone has decided to call her fat then so be it. She looks great whatever the label.

This made me sad. You shouldn't say you are disgusting to look at.
  • brower47
    Options
    Can't believe nobody have posted this yet

ixCaC4yIxYAev.gif

See your Kate Upton .gif and raise with Kate Upton and a cheeseburger.

bQ5w1.gif

10/10, would bang. And I'd eat her burger too.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.

Wow! I don't know where you're from, but I see nothing average about Kate Upton. That's why she was on Sports Illustrated...etc. She's not average. She's definitely not the typical thin-as-a-rail model, but she's looks nothing like any woman that I've ever lived next door to, or ran into at the grocery store.

Don't move to LA, you will be surprised on how good looking the population is.
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options

please tell me you're not serious...

^^^ this. Ugh.
  • kayladawn31
    Options

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

WTF?

cause all models who are thin "work for it":huh:
  • kayladawn31
    Options
    And she strikes twice! smh
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Well models should also represent health while they're at it. Nothing wrong with fantasy models, just not enough average ones out there. Everywhere you turn you see size 0 models. No wonder girls who are Kate's size think they're fat..

I think its up to us, as parents to teach our daughters what healthy looks like. Not the fashion industry. My daughter is aware that a size 0 doesn't always mean unhealthy. Neither does a size 12. I prefer to be my daughters role model.

You are embracing this old school retro thing of raising your kids instead of the media? You must be crazy, we all know you have to sit your kids in front of a TV or a computer and let them do the rest.

:flowerforyou:

you retromom, you!

I know, right? What was I thinking? Feel free to call me crazypants for that way of thinking. :wink:
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Wow! I don't know where you're from, but I see nothing average about Kate Upton. That's why she was on Sports Illustrated...etc. She's not average. She's definitely not the typical thin-as-a-rail model, but she's looks nothing like any woman that I've ever lived next door to, or ran into at the grocery store.

Good-looking or plastic-looking?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    And she strikes twice! smh

Pst.

no one knows who you are talking to/about.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I think she looks good, but I do think she looks fat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think Kate Upton is beautiful. I also think fashion models who are "rail thin" are beautiful. You don't have to put down one in order to build up the other.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Seriously? If I was "fat" like her I wouldn't need to be on MFP. She's my goal weight.

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif
  • vtmoon
    Options

Good-looking or plastic-looking?

Nope, just old fashioned good looking.
  • brower47
    Options
    I think Kate Upton is beautiful. I also think fashion models who are "rail thin" are beautiful. You don't have to put down one in order to build up the other.

Concise and perfectly stated. Thank you for your rational thoughts in a thread that severely lacks it.
  • mustangmary11
    mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I have NO PROBLEM not being perfect !!!!! We need average models to show what a real person looks like. Screw fantasy, want fantasy, go watch a Disney movie! Kelly Upton is not mediocre art, she looks better than most models on the runway. I suppose the Venus De Milo is mediocre as well since her measurements are wider. I have a friend who's daughter nearly died starving herself to look like these so called art forms. She stopped having her period, and was wasting away. This is NOT the lesson to teach young girls. Or boys for that matter.