I'm tired, cranky now I read Kate Upton is fat?!

Options

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    She looks good! Wish I could be "fat" like her, average weight models look a whole lot better than the models of today...

a prior classmate of mine in high school graduated from a Police program in college which is what she wanted to do...Then she got sucked into modeling and is loving it but I find that she's WAY too thin...I'm legally blind and I can see her ribcage!
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    When I saw her on the cover of sports illustrated, I was like, "Wow; they put a plus size model on the cover. That's progressive." She's not "fat" for a person walking on the street, but she certainly has at least 2 times the body fat of a standard model. Why does she get paid for that? I think models should have to work for it... Their job is to look good... That's all they have to do. And she doesn't bother to work out? That's just lazy.

please tell me you're not serious...

Look at her 2nd profile picture (the one who made the comment you quoted). That'll answer all of your questions....
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    the industry want models to be 0 thats gross come on now
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

Yeah because calling a size 0 gross is sooo much better than calling a size 16 gross.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Yeah because calling a size 0 gross is sooo much better than calling a size 16 gross.

:drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

My daughter wears a size 0.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Seriously?

How is your comment any better than those calling Kate Upton fat?
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    (Had to google who that was...lol)

Hooo boy. I wish I could be fat like her.
    This! :smile: she's gorgeous
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    When I saw her on the cover of sports illustrated, I was like, "Wow; they put a plus size model on the cover. That's progressive." She's not "fat" for a person walking on the street, but she certainly has at least 2 times the body fat of a standard model. Why does she get paid for that? I think models should have to work for it... Their job is to look good... That's all they have to do. And she doesn't bother to work out? That's just lazy.

Look at her 2nd profile picture (the one who made the comment you quoted). That'll answer all of your questions....

Oh, wow, and I'm being accused of "body shaming"... low, low blow.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

you should not even be allowed to post in here after calling the gentleman a dip(blank)

nice.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

you should not even be allowed to post in here after calling the gentleman a dip(blank)

nice.

So that makes any ****headed thing anyone says to or about me okay? Hmmmm... I think I get the group mentality here. Lets everyone rally around popular safe opinions and just tear apart those who don't agree or have the balls to take unpopular opinions. Then lets all pat ourselves and eachother on the back for all being so "good."
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

nice.

So that makes any ****headed thing anyone says to or about me okay? Hmmmm... I think I get the group mentality here. Lets everyone rally around popular safe opinions and just tear apart those who don't agree or have the balls to take unpopular opinions. Then lets all pat ourselves and eachother on the back for all being so "good."
    You were very angry right from your first post (I'm curious as to why) and you said some pretty hurtful things. This isn't about who's popular. You were defensive. People respond negatively to that.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, the ignore user feature makes things so nice.:smile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.

Fashion models are NOT meant to be a fantasy. They are meant to present the clothing in an appealing way to the public. The reason that models are generally thin is because they are displaying the "demo version" of the clothing. Designers want to spend as little as possible on the demo as a means to keep costs low. So the "demo version" of the clothing is made in the smallest size possible. For the most part, this cost is minimal, but since employing this practice, society has embraced this rail-thin model as some ideal for beauty and have put this ideal on a pedestal.

Pinup models are meant to be a fantasy and generally carry a larger percentage of body fat than a fashion model.

To each their own. If you feel like the fashion model ideal is right for you, then I wish you luck at it. But that doesn't mean the models with a higher percentage of body fat are lazy or are not beautiful or ideal. Your opinions border dangerously on the line of body-shaming and I think you should reevaluate your opinions because you sound ignorant.

*standing ovation* Thank you. Just.... thank you. :flowerforyou:

Everyone who is calling me ignorant and body shaming... etc. I didn't say this is MY ideal or MY fantasy, or that it's right or wrong or even express MY opinion about what's right or wrong or how things should be. I just gave an honest appraisal of how the media actually works and how it uses bodies and body image to sell products. Your opinions and my opinions about how the media should be don't change how it is or what actually sells products, so please stop with the personal attacks. Thanks.

Nope, sorry...

...I'm unpersuaded by your current argument...

...mostly because it seems to have no connection to your original statement.

So read the rest of my statements...

To bad for you that everyone managed to see what you wrote. Disconnect from the internet until you can learn to have a discussion without name calling.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Seriously?

How is your comment any better than those calling Kate Upton fat?

INORITE! Body shaming is body shaming and the real disgusting thing in this thread.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.

Fashion models are NOT meant to be a fantasy. They are meant to present the clothing in an appealing way to the public. The reason that models are generally thin is because they are displaying the "demo version" of the clothing. Designers want to spend as little as possible on the demo as a means to keep costs low. So the "demo version" of the clothing is made in the smallest size possible. For the most part, this cost is minimal, but since employing this practice, society has embraced this rail-thin model as some ideal for beauty and have put this ideal on a pedestal.

Pinup models are meant to be a fantasy and generally carry a larger percentage of body fat than a fashion model.

To each their own. If you feel like the fashion model ideal is right for you, then I wish you luck at it. But that doesn't mean the models with a higher percentage of body fat are lazy or are not beautiful or ideal. Your opinions border dangerously on the line of body-shaming and I think you should reevaluate your opinions because you sound ignorant.

*standing ovation* Thank you. Just.... thank you. :flowerforyou:

Everyone who is calling me ignorant and body shaming... etc. I didn't say this is MY ideal or MY fantasy, or that it's right or wrong or even express MY opinion about what's right or wrong or how things should be. I just gave an honest appraisal of how the media actually works and how it uses bodies and body image to sell products. Your opinions and my opinions about how the media should be don't change how it is or what actually sells products, so please stop with the personal attacks. Thanks.

Nope, sorry...

...I'm unpersuaded by your current argument...

...mostly because it seems to have no connection to your original statement.

So read the rest of my statements, dip****.

gooddaysir.gif
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    She is no way fat! That is crazy talk but she is not small waisted...she is a little soft in the middle is all but that is her natural shape..not eveyone has a small waist. She has great boobs and a pretty face which please the men and I think that is why she is so popular ;)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    This is glorious. I haven't been on the forums in 6+ months and it's nice to see nothing has changed.

For the record, I would bang Kate Upton.

:drinker:
  • janmhm
    janmhm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We can only hope for this type of fatness
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    She is a refreshing glimpse of genetic variation in an industry that churns out far too many images of bodies that look the same.