Any cosplayers/nerds out there?

Options
I've posted on here before, but I just thought I'd stick myself out there. Is there anyone on the forms who cosplays/plays video games/ watches anime or the like that's hoping to lose weight for anime and video game conventions?

Replies

• FuchsiaBones
    FuchsiaBones Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've done a few cosplays and have a brain full of other ideas. It definitely makes it easier with a few less pounds when choosing a character to cosplay as, so thats one of my goals. :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't do cosplay but I've been to a couple anime conventions and they're pretty fun. Just thought I'd send some support. Good luck!
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't. Yet... but for Halloween my friends and I are going as "Adventure Time" :)

I'm being Marceline and my BFF/Maid of Honour is going as "Ice King"
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Call of duty
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    No cosplay here (costume making isn't in my time-budget) but video-gamer, card-gamer, anime nerd here.

Some favorites include Atelier Iris, Katamari Damacy, Ghost in the Shell, Ragnarok Online...

Feel free to add me. =)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I cosplayed a white trash version of Zoey from L4D this year. I don't have the gumption to bust my butt in fitness to cosplay as the characters I'd like to be. I'd like to play Wonder Woman, but no way will it happen. :laugh: I play a lot of video games. It's sort of my job, though I won't get paid for another 2-3 years if I'm lucky.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Not much of a gamer anymore (though I still have an account for SWTOR). No cosplay (yet), but definitely anime. In fact, one thing to help keep me motivated is the song Inner Light by Shocking Lemon...one of the intro songs for Hajime no Ippo (I'm almost ashamed I'm motivated by a boxing anime...almost, lol).
  • combatbunny
    combatbunny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge geek. ^_^ I don't plan on going to any conventions this year due to money issues. I agree that they are a great reason to shed some pounds, especially if you have costumes that you worked your *kitten* off to make that no longer fit your body!
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    I have never been to a comic/anime convention even though I would love to go one day. Honestly, one of my drives to getting fit is dressing up. I love Halloween and my last few costumes have been on the "nerdy" side.

Here is a comparison of me from Halloween '11 as Fionna from Adventure Time at around 200 lbs
    vs.
    Halloween '12 as Pinky Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic at 165 lbs
    Halloween11vs12.jpg

And this year, since I have lost more weight, I am feeling confident in trying to pull off going as David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust era). When I told a co-worker about this, she decided that she will go as David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King from the Labyrinth. We want to get a whole bunch of people going as different versions of Bowie. :happy:

My husband is a gamer/fantasy/comic nerd which has kind of rubbed off a bit on me. I love super heroes and cartoons and game a little.
  • kosuke081
    kosuke081 Posts: 69
    Options
    For some reason I forgot I made this post. Friend requests are being sent. Woot!

I've uploaded some of my cosplays to my profile, but I deliberately picked the ones I looked heaviest in so I can get some good after pictures. :D
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Once I get the shape I want, I am totally making a Deadpool costume. I am already stoked that I can fit into my Jayne Cobb costume again. I'm sad to be missing Dragon*Con this year, but work is getting in the way this year. So it goes.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yes also come join the group the geek squd. Plenty of us in there.
  • vivelerock88
    Options
    I'm not into anime and comics per se but most of my friends are and I like plenty of nerdy things so I wanted to comment anyway in case anyone else shares these others nerdy interests and wants to add me: Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, fantasy and fairytales in general. I turned my college graduation gown into a Harry Potter costume and I wore it to a few related events. I also went to a faeriecon and dressed up for that. So, I still think it's safe for me to raise my hand on this one.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I would like to cosplay when I can wear a slutty outfit and feel good in it, lol!
  • deleted_due_to_wife
    Options
    guess i need to do some research not sure what cosplay is... explain?
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm not into anime and comics per se but most of my friends are and I like plenty of nerdy things so I wanted to comment anyway in case anyone else shares these others nerdy interests and wants to add me: Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, fantasy and fairytales in general. I turned my college graduation gown into a Harry Potter costume and I wore it to a few related events. I also went to a faeriecon and dressed up for that. So, I still think it's safe for me to raise my hand on this one.

This is pretty much me too, except I do like the occasional anime. I used my high school graduation gown to make a Harry Potter costume for the Deathly Hallows premieres too!
  • vivelerock88
    Options

This is pretty much me too, except I do like the occasional anime. I used my high school graduation gown to make a Harry Potter costume for the Deathly Hallows premieres too!

I didn't get to keep my high school one so I had to wait. Haha. But I had to pay like $100 for thing so I plan on wearing it as many times as I can and I like it better as a nerdy costume. : ) If I only I could find a low-cal way to make butter beer!
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    I've posted on here before, but I just thought I'd stick myself out there. Is there anyone on the forms who cosplays/plays video games/ watches anime or the like that's hoping to lose weight for anime and video game conventions?

I've always wanted to go to one of these, they look like so much fun. I love video games Halo, Skyrim, Fall Out, Fable, I'm hoping to get into the San Diego Comic Con and an E3 Convention, I would be in nerd heaven! Have lots of fun!!
  • deleted_due_to_wife
    Options

I've always wanted to go to one of these, they look like so much fun. I love video games Halo, Skyrim, Fall Out, Fable, I'm hoping to get into the San Diego Comic Con and an E3 Convention, I would be in nerd heaven! Have lots of fun!!

SKYRIM fun!!!...
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I hope one day to fit into a Wonder Woman costume without looking like a stuffed sausage.