Any cosplayers/nerds out there?

Options

Replies

• deleted_due_to_wife
    Options
    I hope one day to fit into a Wonder Woman costume without looking like a stuffed sausage.

you got this girl...
  • MissChelleD
    Options
    Gamer and fellow nerd. :D
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Anime, videogames <3
  • Sagefemme76
    Sagefemme76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Meeee!!!!! We just spent the weekend at Oz Comic Con, absolutely love it. I was going to cosplay, but not feeling confident enough about shape (although, when you get there, you realise that's not important) and I spent all my time and money on my kids costumes. It was well worth it, though....my daughter entered the Cosplay comp for the first time ever and won best "in character" performance. Very proud costume director here....those late nights fashioning a bow and arrows out of corrugated plastic board and duct tape were totally worth it ;)
    I came away with a renewed vigour to eat less and move more so that I can join in the Cosplay fun next year and would love to connect with others doing the same.....feel free to add me :)
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm going to be cheetara at this years geekfest. I'm also a PC gamer- Starcraft, diablo and warcraft mostly. I also do art contests on neopets.. and I also play halo. I'm more of a gamer than a nerd but I do have a 3.95 gpa if that helps. Lol.
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Anime. ..manga...video games. ..cosplay woo hoo!
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    General nerd - video games, RPGs, wargames/miniature painter - and a computer geek by trade.
  • StopherJJ
    StopherJJ Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm more of a computer/movie nerd and counsel nerd but I'd LOVE to go to any convention! They look like an absolute blast!

I've been a graphic designer/desktop publisher/photographer/computer repair tech for 15+ years and I'm currently watching the 1001 films to see before you die, I'm seven away from the half way point (there are actually 1104 total with revisions) lol.

Okay enough rambling, do I qualify?
  • kosuke081
    kosuke081 Posts: 69
    Options
    Yay. Friend requests sent!

About to post a blog entry about Dr Who so yeah...I'm pretty much a goner when it comes to nerd stuff...
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I will be attending Youmacon this year as Soma Peries from 00 Gundam.
  • CaffeineIsMyGod
    Options
    I haven't yet but my time will come! I'm cosplaying as the first Doctor for an anniversary event where I live. Need to fit into that blood suit he wears!
  • ILoveMU
    ILoveMU Posts: 5
    Options
    That's the only reason I'm on this site! I'm going to Dragoncon in Sept. and I want to look my best for it. I cosplay as Ms. Marvel, so I need that super-heroin body :)
  • dappervillain
    Options
    General nerd, I like a lot of things, games (console, PC and tabletop!), computers, gadgets, anime and more. Was at RTX just last weekend in Austin!

Edit: Plus astronomy & astrophotography
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    That's the only reason I'm on this site! I'm going to Dragoncon in Sept. and I want to look my best for it. I cosplay as Ms. Marvel, so I need that super-heroin body :)

I'm dropping the weight to fit into my character as well. :)
  • jesseg1989
    jesseg1989 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use to be a big tech nerd, but now I'm mainly a gamer.
  • KatiesNewGoals
    KatiesNewGoals Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't do cosplay, but am definitely a nerd and absolutely love going to conventions! It's been 2 years since we've been to Comic Con (see the little adorable toddler to the left), but we're hoping to go next year. I definitely want to be looking good for it! Plus, you've GOT to be in shape to stand in all of those lines! ;-) Good luck and many successes!
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've never gone to a con or cosplayed (not many opportunities in Ireland), but I've a rich and deep history of nerdery. Tech, science, gaming, sci-fi & fantasy in all their glorious forms, comics, rpging, the works.
  • erayne
    erayne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't do cosplay, but I do play a lot of RPG's on Xbox! =)
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    No Cosplay, I am a huge nerd though. Simpsons, Doctor Who, Buffy, Sherlock etc, I've been to 2 SDCC and 2 Dragon Cons. I want to try Cosplay sometime though.... ADD if you want
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've posted on here before, but I just thought I'd stick myself out there. Is there anyone on the forms who cosplays/plays video games/ watches anime or the like that's hoping to lose weight for anime and video game conventions?

I've always wanted to go to one of these, they look like so much fun. I love video games Halo, Skyrim, Fall Out, Fable, I'm hoping to get into the San Diego Comic Con and an E3 Convention, I would be in nerd heaven! Have lots of fun!!

SDCC if you want to go in 2014 you better buy your Badge now!!!! 2013 is sold out