Any cosplayers/nerds out there?

Options

Replies

• kikialus
    kikialus Posts: 16
    Options
    Woah! SDFGHJKL! Your Iroh is amazing! And hell yeah for Zuko! I'm hoping, when I've toned up a bit and my flexibility has improved, to cosplay as Ty Lee!

Oh wow! I saw Karl Urban this year at Supanova! He's so hot! Hehehe! XD

Hehehe, yes, I think meeting your bf on Wow contradicts you as a nerd! But that's nothing to worry about! OMG! Yes, as much as I think Jessica Nigri sexually exploits her characters a little too much (Teemo...really!), she is till a great cosplayer and has an A-MAZ-ING Body!
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Haha, yea I would like to do Iroh again when I have lost a little more weight. Maybe I will try it next year :)

That sound's awesome! Need to get a whole avatar crew going lol. I want to get down enough so I can do young Iroh.
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Why are the pictures showing as red X's for me? grrrrr
  • OtakuMusician
    OtakuMusician Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes! Hi! I'm a cosplayer!

Last year I did a panel at our local convention called 'Big and Beautiful Cosplay', teaching bigger people that they could cosplay too.

Now here I am, aiming to lose weight, and when I do, I'm SO cosplaying Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    guess i need to do some research not sure what cosplay is... explain?

Ditto...
  • kikialus
    Options
    Definalty! An Avatar cosplay group would be AMAZING!

I believe everyone can cosplay, big or thin, everyone should do it if they want. For me personally, I'm losing weight so I feel healthy again, not particularly for cosplay (Although it is great motivation). I love my body, but I think it will appreciate me a bit more if I stop treating is like a trash can you know?! That's why I really despise those 'Top 5 worst cosplays' or those 'Fat people can't cosplay' threads and all that. They really do disgust me because everyone should and can cosplay, no matter their size, gender or nationality! Sorry for that, I rant a lot about cosplay discrimination!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Add me! I love anime comic books video games. All that stuff XD
  • nerdfitquest
    Options
    Definalty! An Avatar cosplay group would be AMAZING!

I believe everyone can cosplay, big or thin, everyone should do it if they want. For me personally, I'm losing weight so I feel healthy again, not particularly for cosplay (Although it is great motivation). I love my body, but I think it will appreciate me a bit more if I stop treating is like a trash can you know?! That's why I really despise those 'Top 5 worst cosplays' or those 'Fat people can't cosplay' threads and all that. They really do disgust me because everyone should and can cosplay, no matter their size, gender or nationality! Sorry for that, I rant a lot about cosplay discrimination!
    I understand what you mean, I think it should be everyone's ones personal choice. People should not judge other people just because they enjoy something. No one in America cares on Halloween if you don't fit what you are dressing up as :P. At the same time I prefer to only do cosplay that fits my current body, so for me it would be awesome to get down to a weight I could cosplay some of my favorite people. Like Balmung from .hack//sign, and Onizuka from GTO <3 I can't wait.
  • kikialus
    Options
    Totally true! Defianly agree! Yes, as I do too. I try to choose cosplays that fit my weight. I'm not particularly overweight but you won't see me wearing a cosplay that requires minimal clothing or a bikini of yet. Since we're showing cosplays, felt I should hope onto the wagon (Which is ironic since I just hopped onto my dad's wagon a moment ago!) XD
    9bb565abec0e15e213265c603d8a0ab4-d5mevtd.jpg
    I'm the orange haired one above and the Lenalee (Short hair) one below.
    team_exorcist_go__by_alwaysyawning-d6a9xns.jpg
  • nerdfitquest
    Options
    Oh wow! Those are really well done! Did you make them or buy them?
  • kikialus
    Options
    The first one I made and the second I bought. I was too lazy to sew it myself! XD I'll have more photos up on my profile soon though. I'm cosplaying as Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony in less than a month. After that, it's Elizabeth from Bioshock infinite, Misa from Death note, James from Harry potter (Marauders Ver.) and then Hatsune Miku. SO much sewing! XD
  • nerdfitquest
    Options
    Why are the pictures showing as red X's for me? grrrrr

Added them to my profile also :P
    The first one I made and the second I bought. I was too lazy to sew it myself! XD I'll have more photos up on my profile soon though. I'm cosplaying as Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony in less than a month. After that, it's Elizabeth from Bioshock infinite, Misa from Death note, James from Harry potter (Marauders Ver.) and then Hatsune Miku. SO much sewing! XD

Those will be awesome to see! Good luck with all that work :)
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I would love to cosplay one day! :D
  • kikialus
    Options

Cosplay is a great hobby! Who would you want to cosplay?
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options

Cosplay is a great hobby! Who would you want to cosplay?

I don't know! >_< that's half my problem :(

I am a fire bender though :D
  • kikialus
    Options
    I don't know! >_< that's half my problem :(

I am a fire bender though :D
    You should defiantly do Zuko from Avatar: The last airbender then!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I would love to cosplay, although never actually done it yet. Azula, Rayne, Jill Valentine, Sophitia and Morrighan Aensland being the top ones for me (no way can I pull those off now :P)
    Either that or a High/Drow elf... or Zelda if I'm feeling particularly fun.
    Failing that, I love anime and computer games. Hehe

Add me if you like x
  • kikialus
    Options
    I would love to cosplay, although never actually done it yet. Azula, Rayne, Jill Valentine, Sophitia and Morrighan Aensland being the top ones for me (no way can I pull those off now :P)

Add me if you like x

Oh wow! You should defiantly do a Jill Valentine! She's one of my favourite characters! I've always want to do Zelda, more particularly for her design, I'm not a fan for her character as much as I am for Link. Perhaps I will cosplay as Link one day!
  • nerdfitquest
    Options

Add me if you like x

Would like to see all of those!

Azula would be great! She get's my vote as top cosplay idea :P
  • nerdfitquest
    Options
    I think I might cosplay as the Ox King from DBZ next month >.>