Nobody wants to lift no heavy *kitten* weight!

Options

Replies

• UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    LOL @ the irony of the gender shaming ITT. Will be the same females who instantly jump on and ridicule any male towards female condescension or erroneous use of the word "girl".
  • dvis334
    dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Ain't nothin' to it, but to do it. You got this OP.

Thanks!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    dvis334 wrote: »
    Male 44. Around 210 lbs 13% BF.

Platform bests raw:Squat 187.5kg/413 lbs, Bench Press 135/297, Deadlift 232.5/512. USAPL.

Non platform best deadlift: 525 lbs.
    Non platform best BP: 315 lbs.
    Front squat: 315 lbs.
    Push Press: 175 lbs.

Can't wait until I start lifting heavy.

Seriously impressive front squat number! What are your thoughts on the OHP vs. Push press? Any benefits of using one over the other?

we were actually just talking about this over in the "show me your X,Y Z video" thread- about how push press is really great for explosive lifting- I personally prefer it to strict OHP- but quite frankly- I need size right now- not explosive powers- so strict press for me. :( sad panda face.

If my shoulders were healthier (non-lifting work-related injury) I'd be skipping OHP and PP for Military Behind the Neck. That was always my mass builder in the past.
  • dvis334
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    love all these people bragging and putting you down, and trying to make it seem worse saying they are a girl. Really great attitude people. Anyways, good luck buddy, don't worry about braggers, they probably quarter squat.

Thanks!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    UG77 wrote: »
    LOL @ the irony of the gender shaming ITT. Will be the same females who instantly jump on and ridicule any male towards female condescension or erroneous use of the word "girl".

shots_fired.jpg
  • dvis334
    Options
    UG77 wrote: »

Fact!
  • dvis334
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Body Stats: Male. 25. 5'10". 162 lbs. 13.6% bf.
    Current Lifts (5x5): Bench Press-155. Squat-210. Row-125. DL-225. OHP-100
    Body Goals: 185 lbs. 8% bf.
    Strength Goals (5x5): Bench Press-225. Squat-315. Row-185. DL-400+. OHP-185.

If you're into working out, nutrition, goal-oriented, excited, and need/want more accountabilibuddies or just more MFP friends feel free to hit me up or add me!

Good for you. You're at a good starting place.

FYI - It looks like your DL and OHP are a little out of whack with the BP and Squat goals.

Thanks! How So (re: goals)?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Body Stats: Male. 25. 5'10". 162 lbs. 13.6% bf.
    Current Lifts (5x5): Bench Press-155. Squat-210. Row-125. DL-225. OHP-100
    Body Goals: 185 lbs. 8% bf.
    Strength Goals (5x5): Bench Press-225. Squat-315. Row-185. DL-400+. OHP-185.

If you're into working out, nutrition, goal-oriented, excited, and need/want more accountabilibuddies or just more MFP friends feel free to hit me up or add me!

Good for you. You're at a good starting place.

FYI - It looks like your DL and OHP are a little out of whack with the BP and Squat goals.

Thanks! How So (re: goals)?

You could reasonably progress to your BP goal and possibly your squat goal in 12-18 months. Your DL and OHP goals require significantly more progression.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    love all these people bragging and putting you down, and trying to make it seem worse saying they are a girl. Really great attitude people. Anyways, good luck buddy, don't worry about braggers, they probably quarter squat.

guess who didn't read the whole thread- we're off it.
    OH OH ME ME ME ME_ I want to contribute
    Body Stats: F 32. 5'8". 175 lbs. blubber-bf.
    Current Lifts: Bench Press-190. Squat-245. DL-305. OHP-95

Strength Goals (5x5): Bench Press-225. Squat-350. DL-405

190 Bench....Sweet baby Jesus i'm jealous and impressed.

- it's my weird giant back. apparently I"m some freak of nature.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    I'm on week 5 of SL5x5 and look forward to every workout. I'm proud of my progress! Having never lifted anything besides my kids and the end of a couch I'm kicking *kitten*! Love it. *flexes and lols*

This is the program I'm following. I've been running it for 4 weeks and like I mentioned in a previous response, my lifts were ridiculously low to begin with. Which edition are you running? I know the most recent one cuts out all accessory work while the 2nd edition includes chins, dips, planks, and push ups

No accessory work in mine. However, I am starting to incorporate a few things here and there after my sessions but I have no set schedule to add accessory work to the routine. Hhhmmmm...... perhaps I should create one. Wonder if it matters which ones I do?
    My lifts are still low-Im in no hurry. I spent quite a few initial sessions with the empty bar. I am taking my time really perfecting each lift as I add more weight.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Forever converting lbs to kg :(

Bahahaha I feel you pain I'm doing the same!!
    I'm usually not the one jumping to anyone's defense in the forums, but holy crap, people are harsh on this thread. If this is the weight I should be lifting as a female, then I guess we're both weak af. I've been lifting for two years and definitely can't squat anywhere near 350. I clearly don't even lift. :smile:

I've competed in 4 figure comps and been training seriously for over 7 years not once have I even been close to those weights!! The number on the plate makes no difference if you aren't using perfect form.....so y'all let them lift those weights but if you concentrate on form over how heavy it is you will always come out on top!

^^ this ^^
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Fittreelol wrote: »
    It's a pretty famous quote. Do you people even lift or interwebs?

Sure, but the intent behind him quoting it was a mystery. It sounded like he was bragging.

Nothing wrong with the stats and goals that he posted. Looked good to me. Also this is just about the most famous quote ever in bodybuilding. I can't believe some of the people here didn't get that.

Coleman is king!
    TS065.jpg

I straight missed it- nothing in his post referenced it other than the quote- and quite frankly- its' rare you see straight bodybuilding stuff come up in the general forums- you'll see it more in the gaining section- so yeah- I definitely missed it. (also I'm more power than body- so- well why I love Coleman- it's not like he jumps into my head for famous quotes right off the bat)

but yeah- got it now- coleman- no one wants to do the work- they just want to look like it. check check. it happens. mai bad. <insert internet apology for my general snarky douchebaggery>

But that's what we love about you. Don't ever change. :flowerforyou:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I'm usually not the one jumping to anyone's defense in the forums, but holy crap, people are harsh on this thread. If this is the weight I should be lifting as a female, then I guess we're both weak af. I've been lifting for two years and definitely can't squat anywhere near 350. I clearly don't even lift. :smile:

I've competed in 4 figure comps and been training seriously for over 7 years not once have I even been close to those weights!! The number on the plate makes no difference if you aren't using perfect form.....so y'all let them lift those weights but if you concentrate on form over how heavy it is you will always come out on top!

^^ this ^^
    @summerkissed
    You do know that the people you are referring to are competitive powerlifters so they do not quarter squat :p you can check out their lifts in the video thread.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

^^ this ^^
    @summerkissed
    You do know that the people you are referring to are competitive powerlifters so they do not quarter squat :p you can check out their lifts in the video thread.

I'll admit it, I'm the quarter squatter she was referring too. But when I squat, I do four quarters at one time.
  • singingflutelady
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hahaha. You guys squat way more than I do (195 x5 on a very good day) but I wouldn't accuse anyone of cheating ;)

@nakedraygun nice quarter squat in your profile picture
    Options
    Hahaha. You guys squat way more than I do (195 x5 on a very good day) but I wouldn't accuse anyone of cheating ;)

@nakedraygun nice quarter squat in your profile picture
    You squat more than any of the curl-bros I see at my gym. Be proud!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @singingflutelady guess you missed my post when I told those girls to come compete here then??
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Thanks :) I'm working on it but it is slow going now that I am "intermediate" (meaning intermediate program I don't consider myself an intermediate lifter yet. I'm doing Texas method)
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    @summerkissed

oh, so that is why they are such egotistical jerks?:)
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    @summerkissed

oh, so that is why they are such egotistical jerks?:)

No it is that they misinterpreted the op as bragging and didn't know that he wasn't. I thought he was bragging as I didn't recognize the quote and didn't clarify