Nobody wants to lift no heavy *kitten* weight!

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks :) I'm working on it but it is slow going now that I am "intermediate" (meaning intermediate program I don't consider myself an intermediate lifter yet. I'm doing Texas method)
    A girl who likes chains. Awesome! Happy lifting!
    eeejer wrote: »
    @summerkissed
    You do know that the people you are referring to are competitive powerlifters so they do not quarter squat :p you can check out their lifts in the video thread.

oh, so that is why they are such egotistical jerks?:)
    And with that... one less person on my Christmas list this year.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Fittreelol wrote: »
    It's a pretty famous quote. Do you people even lift or interwebs?

Sure, but the intent behind him quoting it was a mystery. It sounded like he was bragging.

Nothing wrong with the stats and goals that he posted. Looked good to me. Also this is just about the most famous quote ever in bodybuilding. I can't believe some of the people here didn't get that.

Coleman is king!
    TS065.jpg

I straight missed it- nothing in his post referenced it other than the quote- and quite frankly- its' rare you see straight bodybuilding stuff come up in the general forums- you'll see it more in the gaining section- so yeah- I definitely missed it. (also I'm more power than body- so- well why I love Coleman- it's not like he jumps into my head for famous quotes right off the bat)

but yeah- got it now- coleman- no one wants to do the work- they just want to look like it. check check. it happens. mai bad. <insert internet apology for my general snarky douchebaggery>

But that's what we love about you. Don't ever change. :flowerforyou:

<hugszez>
    @summerkissed
    You do know that the people you are referring to are competitive powerlifters so they do not quarter squat :p you can check out their lifts in the video thread.

nah- we were already that way to begin with really.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    @summerkissed

No it is that they misinterpreted the op as bragging and didn't know that he wasn't. I thought he was bragging as I didn't recognize the quote and didn't clarify

ah yes, so the old brag right back is allowed then. Obviously I do not know the powerlifting etiquette.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Wait your calling people out for not lifting and you have stats less than a woman's?

Wtf?

Cool story bro? I guess?

:D
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    [

nah- we were already that way to begin with really.

I am sure you are very nice, although you could crush me like a fly. I'm just ribbin' ya. mmmm ribs...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I'm working on it but it is slow going now that I am "intermediate" (meaning intermediate program I don't consider myself an intermediate lifter yet. I'm doing Texas method)

I don't know anyone else doing this program, is it reputable?

No chains for me as I don't have any :(
    Options

Very reputable, although I have not run conjugate yet. Many great lifters have come from Westside. I started reading Louie Simmon's Westside Book of Methods - its a bit random.

You lift at home? Craigslist.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    This thread is terrifying
  • singingflutelady
    edited February 2016
    Options

Very reputable, although I have not run conjugate yet. Many great lifters have come from Westside. I started reading Louie Simmon's Westside Book of Methods - its a bit random.

@nakedraygun
    No not Westside. Texas method by Mark rippetoe. Madcow is a variation of it. It doesn't actually specify the use of chains but I know what they are used for.
    I train at a commercial gym and I already bring fractional plates, etc in with me.
    Options

@nakedraygun
    No not Westside. Texas method by Mark rippetoe. Madcow is a variation of it. It doesn't actually specify the use of chains but I know what they are used for.
    I train at a commercial gym and I already bring fractional plates, etc in with me.
    Argh. Sorry, just ate like a 1500 calorie lunch of various seafoods and pasta and done gone food coma.

Yes Texas. Very reputable and, IMO way better than StrongLifts.
  • singingflutelady
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @nakedraygun I just came off SL (I did it for 4 months). I am a restarter (lifted for 1 1/2 years, got really sick and had to take 10 months off. I lost all my muscle and strength so I had to go back to the beginning again when I came back in October). Liking it so far!
    Options
    @nakedraygun I just came off SL (I did it for 4 months). I am a restarter (lifted for 1 1/2 years, got really sick and had to take 10 months off. I lost all my muscle and strength so I had to go back to the beginning again when I came back in October). Liking it so far!
    Dang. That's a long time! Well, welcome back to training!
  • singingflutelady
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @nakedraygun I was diagnosed with Crohn's and was near death. I didn't stop flaring until September. 4 months Prednisone +8 months iron level of 0 and malabsorption basically made me bedridden. I never want to be that weak again ( I couldn't get up when I squatted to pick something off the floor without assistance). It was crazy.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I heard we were comparing d**ks here. I'm not going to be able to touch some of these stats (I'm looking at you, Jo), so....

*drops trou*
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    New to lifting? Starting Strength. Gives you great reference for lifting if you don't have friends that lift and can check your form/etc. I didn't, and I'll vouche that it is worth money and the time reading.

Doing Stronglifts myself; just did the numbers on Squat/Bench and Row today.

Male, 33, 6' 257lb~.

Squat - 5x5 @ 375lb
    Bench - 5x5 @ 243lb
    Row - 5x5 @ 180lb
    OHP - 5x5 @ 130lb
    Dead - 1x5 @ 415lb

I've come a long way in a year; and we all start somewhere! Lift as if gravity is trying to defy you! :)
    Options
    @nakedraygun I was diagnosed with Crohn's and was near death. I didn't stop flaring until September. 4 months Prednisone +8 months iron level of 0 and malabsorption basically made me bedridden. I never want to be that weak again ( I couldn't get up when I squatted to pick something off the floor without assistance). It was crazy.

@singingflutelady ... This is where I have a word fail. I can't even imagine.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

@singingflutelady ... This is where I have a word fail. I can't even imagine.

It wasn't fun but I am in partial remission and doing half decently now. Exhaustion is horrible and no appetite so I don't do cardio at all just lift.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I heard we were comparing d**ks here. I'm not going to be able to touch some of these stats (I'm looking at you, Jo), so....

*drops trou*

As I said it's just a number form is the important part!! I know people that wouldn't lift because they didn't want to look like douches because of a number!! If you got form then you will come out on top....who cares about the numbers!! LIFTING IS AWESOME!!!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

*drops trou*

As I said it's just a number form is the important part!! I know people that wouldn't lift because they didn't want to look like douches because of a number!! If you got form then you will come out on top....who cares about the numbers!! LIFTING IS AWESOME!!!

Been lifting for a couple years, and I love it! But I'm still not sharing numbers. I hold my own, but I certainly don't have any bragging rights. I'll just admire everyone else from here.

Until I convince usmcmp to move in with me and give me personal training in exchange for food, that is....
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options

*drops trou*

Been lifting for a couple years, and I love it! But I'm still not sharing numbers. I hold my own, but I certainly don't have any bragging rights. I'll just admire everyone else from here.

Until I convince usmcmp to move in with me and give me personal training in exchange for food, that is....

I'm the same numbers are my own personal thing!! Yes yes I've talked with usmcmp and I can understand why you would want her knowledge!!