Nobody wants to lift no heavy *kitten* weight!

Options
dvis334
dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
edited February 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Body Stats: Male. 25. 5'10". 162 lbs. 13.6% bf.
Current Lifts (5x5): Bench Press-155. Squat-210. Row-125. DL-225. OHP-100
Body Goals: 185 lbs. 8% bf.
Strength Goals (5x5): Bench Press-225. Squat-315. Row-185. DL-400+. OHP-185.

If you're into working out, nutrition, goal-oriented, excited, and need/want more accountabilibuddies or just more MFP friends feel free to hit me up or add me!

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Your stats are so close to eachother. Mine are BP 175x6, squat 225x5, OH 105x5-7, deadlift 315x6. Row 145x7. Also I don't train for strength at all so I agree with her. I only have 9lbs on you with purely a high rep rep scheme. Lifting heavy isn't always the best. Especially not if you're looking to gain mass.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...
    I squat 285 ...but I'm a girl.
  • johnathonlea
    johnathonlea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Male - 27 - 6'2" - 19% BF
    Flat bench 225x8x3 or 315x1
    Squat 225x8x3 (have been focusing on perfecting form, and *kitten* to the grass)
    Deadlift 455x1

Goal: 200lbs at 10%bf

Don't nobody in my little gym wanna lift no heavy *kitten* weight either...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Did you see this coming?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My squat is 15 lbs less than yours, my deadlift is 35 lbs less and my row is 10 lbs more and I am a female who weights 30 lbs less than you do and I'm chronically ill and have just been lifting for 4 months after taking 10 months off because I almost died :p
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Apparently you didn't search much through the threads cause there are some strong *kitten* dudes and ladies around here.

Seriously strong.

Anyway, it seems you got the welcoming beatdown that was coming so howdy, welcome, be sure to check out this thread cause its freaking awesome and some of the folks are nearly inhuman.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Oh I and I am turning 39+1 in 2 days so way older
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »
    Apparently you didn't search much through the threads cause there are some strong *kitten* dudes and ladies around here.

Seriously strong.

Anyway, it seems you got the welcoming beatdown that was coming so howdy, welcome, be sure to check out this thread cause its freaking awesome and some of the folks are nearly inhuman.

Seriously strong.

The Op was quoting Ronnie Coleman in his title.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    OH OH ME ME ME ME_ I want to contribute
    Body Stats: F 32. 5'8". 175 lbs. blubber-bf.
    Current Lifts: Bench Press-190. Squat-245. DL-305. OHP-95

Strength Goals (5x5): Bench Press-225. Squat-350. DL-405
  • ovidnine
    Options

This makes sense. I figured it was half tongue in cheek (ok, hoped) but its hard to tell sometimes. lol

Oh, I didn't post my stuff.

M 35.9 5'9 190 ~20%bf
    Current lifts: BP 215 S-305 DL-345 OHP-115

Goals: 1k total BP/S/DL @ 180 ~15% bf Got a ways to go on all of them. lol
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow you are all so strong.

bench 90x5, squat 160x5, dl 200x5, ohp 60x5

5'7 153 24% bf 37yo
    (I bulked through the winter) Avatar 141and I was lifting way less then like a 80 lb squat yall 70 lb dl 30 lb ohp

yall are strong as all get out!

Lifting heavy is considered heavy for that individual. what I'm lifting now is heavy to me
  • ovidnine
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »

Lifting heavy is considered heavy for that individual. what I'm lifting now is heavy to me

Truth!

• mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »

Truth!

I second this. That's why it irks me when I see posts on this forum that says "I saw someone at the gym lifting weights and I wanted to go over there and tell them that they need to lift HEAVY to get RESULTS!" Um, perhaps they were??
  • dvis334
    Options

Seriously strong.

Seriously strong.

This.
  • dvis334
    Options

This makes sense. I figured it was half tongue in cheek (ok, hoped) but its hard to tell sometimes. lol

M 35.9 5'9 190 ~20%bf

Yep, just a quote. Maybe tongue in cheek humor doesn't translate well over the internet lol anyway I've only been lifting for about 4 weeks and seeing as i never once stepped foot in a weight room before it goes without saying I dont have a lot of friends to go to for advice, etc. Which was the whole purpose of this post to begin with (not to call anyone out or brag about 4 weeks worth of numbers lol)
  • ovidnine
    Options
    dvis334 wrote: »
    Yep, just a quote. Maybe tongue in cheek humor doesn't translate well over the internet lol anyway I've only been lifting for about 4 weeks and seeing as i never once stepped foot in a weight room before it goes without saying I dont have a lot of friends to go to for advice, etc. Which was the whole purpose of this post to begin with (not to call anyone out or brag about 4 weeks worth of numbers lol)

This place needs a thumbs up smiley/emoji/whatever we call them now that I'm old and they have new names.

thumbsup.jpg

:smiley:
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i like lifting heavy things.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Body Stats: Male. 25. 5'10". 162 lbs. 13.6% bf.
    Current Lifts (5x5): Bench Press-155. Squat-210. Row-125. DL-225. OHP-100
    Body Goals: 185 lbs. 8% bf.
    Strength Goals (5x5): Bench Press-225. Squat-315. Row-185. DL-400+. OHP-185.

If you're into working out, nutrition, goal-oriented, excited, and need/want more accountabilibuddies or just more MFP friends feel free to hit me up or add me!

Since you're new to this whole thing, I just want you to have realistic goals going in. Based on where you say you are now and what you say your goals are, it looks like you want to put on 30lbs of muscle while dropping 7 lbs of fat (162 to 185, 13.6% to 8%) If this happens, it's more than likely going to take you YEARS which is fine...I just want you to know that going in. A realistic interim goal if you want to put on some muscle, would be 185 at like 18%. That would give you 11-12lbs of added muscle and then you can cut some fat from there and do the whole process over again. You're going to gain some fat with the muscle. Maintaining your current BF is nearly impossible while adding any significant muscle and actually dropping your bodyfat is just that much harder.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

M 35.9 5'9 190 ~20%bf

if you're new it's even worse.

So yeah- a little clue that it was a joke would have helped LOL

I totally agree with MrCloud- it's going to take some time. It's good to have long term goals- but realize- they are long term- and that means REALLY long term. And that's okay if you're willing to stick it through.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    216lbs
    16-17%
    Bench Squat Dead
    1rep max
    305, 455, 565
    5rep max
    250, 335, 405