Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

How much thought/money do you put into the water you drink?

Options

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Never mind. :|
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Yes there's lots waterborne or not!! Most are caught by kids and schools are a dangerous place but what should I home school my kids and stop them from going near other kids for fear they might catch something? I know a lot of people don't understand the way we live but here it's normal!!! Kids have less sick days here than in the cities there's less gastro, less colds and flues, less kids with allergies, asthma and obesity! ok we have more cuts, bruises, broken bones and stitches lol but that's because they are out climbing trees, riding bikes, jumping hay bales and trying to ride the goats! That's our life we live it we have done it forever and will continue this way!! We grow and kill our own meat, grow our own veggies, and drink water from a creek! I'd say we are exposed to less bugs, chemicals and pollution than anyone in a town or city!
    The op asked how much thought you put into your water I answered then got ridiculed but it changes nothing!! I live in my own paradise and that's where I'll stay living this way thank you!!! We are fit and healthy!!

On average cities have less pollution than rural locations is my recollection.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Yes there's lots waterborne or not!! Most are caught by kids and schools are a dangerous place but what should I home school my kids and stop them from going near other kids for fear they might catch something? I know a lot of people don't understand the way we live but here it's normal!!! Kids have less sick days here than in the cities there's less gastro, less colds and flues, less kids with allergies, asthma and obesity! ok we have more cuts, bruises, broken bones and stitches lol but that's because they are out climbing trees, riding bikes, jumping hay bales and trying to ride the goats! That's our life we live it we have done it forever and will continue this way!! We grow and kill our own meat, grow our own veggies, and drink water from a creek! I'd say we are exposed to less bugs, chemicals and pollution than anyone in a town or city!
    The op asked how much thought you put into your water I answered then got ridiculed but it changes nothing!! I live in my own paradise and that's where I'll stay living this way thank you!!! We are fit and healthy!!

On average cities have less pollution than rural locations is my recollection.

Yep. Mostly due to agriculture (runoff from livestock / fertilizer)
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Then stay in your beautiful clean cities please
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Who? I live in a rural area. I just don't drink from my pond or stream.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Just wanna say that Turtle Man is a hillbilly. Proper classification is important.
  • summerkissed
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Just wanna say that Turtle Man is a hillbilly. Proper classification is important.

Bahahaha is that what you call him
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have a sink faucet. Water that is, for all intents and purposes, free comes out of it. I prefer it to be cool - below room temperature, but not refrigerator cold. It actually comes out of the tap at nearly the perfect temperature.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    We apparently have the best tap water in the country, whatever that means. I have a Brita in the fridge, mostly to keep it cold. I don't mind it straight from the tap, I grew up drinking from the garden hose and I'm still alive.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I wish those people who think it's necessary to purchase bottled water, would spend more time/thought into what happens to their waste afterwards. I mean why are less than 20% of bottles recycled for instance?

https://www.naturalchoicewater.com/blog/view/fact-sheet-bottled-waters-impact-to-the-environment-and-your-health

• FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Who? I live in a rural area. I just don't drink from my pond or stream.

x2

And I don't buy bottled water either. I drink from the tap - town water that we had hooked up last year because our well was contaminated.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I live in a city and drink tap water.

And there are strange people everywhere. The US hardly has a monopoly.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Ever seen Britain's Got Talent?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I live in Vancouver, which has won many awards for its tap water, so I drink that.
    I occasionally drink bottled water only if I have forgotten my own. Except when travelling in the US when all I can seem to find is that Arrowhead bottled water which tastes horrible!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No I just turn on the pump fill the tank then use the tap.......it's raining now do we have to treat that water as well because it ran over our roof? Do I go buy water in bottles? Do I make the kids use that for brushing teeth as well? Crikeys id hate to live where you guys all do.....8 lane highways? And can't drink water from your own taps for fear of contamination even though by sounds of it most are treated water! So you go buy more filters and bottled water anyway.....I don't get it! We don't have names for people that live in the bush or in the city they are all just people, I'm thinking your 'valley people' are the ones on those stupid tv shows we see from the US like turtle man and the cat fish people......you have some really strange people and shows I must say!
    The brunette is speaking with the Valley Girl accent. I'm sure people in Australian have different accents depending on where they live.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81IZDhXeJBk

I risk my health enough eating raw cake batter and cookie dough.

EDIT: learning to verb my noun
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much thought or money goes into pulling a cup from the cupboard and turning the tap on. But thats never done me any harm.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Ever seen Britain's Got Talent?

Actually, no, but I understand these two were popular on X Factor!

Jedward
  • summerkissed
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    No I just turn on the pump fill the tank then use the tap.......it's raining now do we have to treat that water as well because it ran over our roof? Do I go buy water in bottles? Do I make the kids use that for brushing teeth as well? Crikeys id hate to live where you guys all do.....8 lane highways? And can't drink water from your own taps for fear of contamination even though by sounds of it most are treated water! So you go buy more filters and bottled water anyway.....I don't get it! We don't have names for people that live in the bush or in the city they are all just people, I'm thinking your 'valley people' are the ones on those stupid tv shows we see from the US like turtle man and the cat fish people......you have some really strange people and shows I must say!
    The brunette is speaking with the Valley Girl accent. I'm sure people in Australian have different accents depending on where they live.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81IZDhXeJBk

I risk my health enough eating raw cake batter and cookie dough.

EDIT: learning to verb my noun

Mmmmmmm cookie dough

We have small differences but nothing really noticeable......nothing like that! Actually I thought your "valley girl" was a comical thing used only in movies....... :open_mouth: "no way like totally dude" hahahaha
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    I wish those people who think it's necessary to purchase bottled water, would spend more time/thought into what happens to their waste afterwards. I mean why are less than 20% of bottles recycled for instance?

https://www.naturalchoicewater.com/blog/view/fact-sheet-bottled-waters-impact-to-the-environment-and-your-health

I explained my reasoning for the bottled water we buy, because my cats are jerks.

bill_recycles.jpg

But we recycle in this house.
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Last year or so I started drinking tap water to save money and all. And I just started this week back to drinking bottled water. I'm wanting to get a filter pitcher to save on bottles but I made the switch to see if I feel any better with the change. My house is a 100 years old, we have tons of plumbing problems with old pipes, I smell the chlorine, and see the copper. I need to eliminate this water to see if it has had an effect on me or not.