30 Day Challenge - Water Consumption

Options

Replies

• freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Day 13 - 6 cups. I really need to get on top of this. It's just the frequency of needing to go to toilet that keeps putting me off. I hope my body gets used to this extra fluid soon.
  • kerobin17
    kerobin17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here is my 64 ounce water bottle. This is day one for me.
    x6tllhqu51tg.jpg

@LovelyRosie Great method you have! :)

Good Idea!
  • yannie100
    yannie100 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in! I sometimes struggle with this, as much as a necessity it is!
  • emiliebogard1
    emiliebogard1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started filling a gallon pitcher with water, 1 sliced cucumber, 1 sliced lemon, freshly grated ginger and mint leaves. I leave it in the refrigerator overnight and drink the whole gallon throughout the next day. It equals about 16 glasses of water and is surprisingly easy to do! Plus it has so many added nutrients from the add-ins. Good luck everyone!
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like drinking a cup of water in the morning and a cup of water in the evening before I go to bed. I feel so much better when I do that.
  • reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I will start tomorrow. 8 glasses/day for 30 days. I am getting PRK, which is similar to Lasik, in April and they say that hydration is a key component to a successful and speedy recovery. I drink like 4 cups a week. Not good. I need to drink more and now is the perfect time so here I go. Thanks for starting this.
  • freakymistkd
    Options
    I've been trying to do this for a fortnight and I've only hit 8 cups a few times. I'm going to start again tomorrow and aim for 7 days to start with.
    So staring tomorrow I'm aiming for 8 cups a day for one week.
  • kanemd01
    kanemd01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm REALLY LATE, but I'm in. If you all want to start the challenge again! I guess better late than never.
  • Shalini0072016
    Shalini0072016 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It is recommended to have 3 litres of water a day. I try a lot. But eventually forget. I am in. Starting today. :smile:
  • k31678
    k31678 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After losing 40 lbs with mfp and gaining back some I'm back to shed the extra weight again. I'd have to say my number one problem is not drinking enough water. Or really drinking anything. I've downloaded an app to help keep more on track and accountability groups are the best too. My daily goal is 75oz. I've hit the mark day 1 and 2. Lets do it day 3!!!
  • justrying2015
    justrying2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Day 11 80 oz
  • kanemd01
    Options
    Day 1:
    - 11:35 50 oz. Down
  • kanemd01
    Options
    It is recommended to have 3 litres of water a day. I try a lot. But eventually forget. I am in. Starting today. :smile:

You are supposed to drink 64 oz a day. That's 8-8oz cups=8 cups
    8*8=64 oz.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    kanemd01 wrote: »

8*8=64 oz.

Actually that depends a lot. There are a variety of water goals out there now, based on age, sex, weight, activity level etc.
  • Shalini0072016
    Shalini0072016 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    kanemd01 wrote: »

8*8=64 oz.
    How much is 1 oz in ml. I am Indian. Our measurement are metric

• trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    8 - 8 ounce glasses of water a day equals 64 ounces. I have a big super insulated cup that is 64 ounces. I fill it up in the morning and make sure that I drink it all each day. Something to remember though...you get liquids from more than JUST water. Food, vegetables, fruits, coffee, etc. And there is such a thing as TOO much water!
  • reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Did it.
  • SiegaPlays
    SiegaPlays Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How much is 1 oz in ml. I am Indian. Our measurement are metric

Been looking inti this today, since I have just used the MFP unit cup as if it is 1 deciliter, and I found out it sync to my fitbit stupidly wrong.

1 oz = 0,295735296875 deciliter
    1 cup/glas = 8 oz = 2,365882375 deciliter

The cups in my house for water is 3 and 4 deciliter, so it is not playing nice together.

Until MFP fix the water unit into something that work for us metric users, I'll be using fitbit for my water tracking, then at least one of them will be correct.

And, btw, I am in for the challenge!

• Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • freakymistkd
    Options
    Day 1 (take 2)
    14 cups.
    I am pretty amazed that I've had so much to drink today especially after attempting to do this challenge since march the 1St and only managing 8 cups a couple of times (hence the take 2). I remembered today that you can log water on here and I think that really helped keep me accountable today :smiley: