• mirandan73189
    mirandan73189 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CW: 186.4
    GW (for 12 weeks): 155/160
    GW2: 140
    GW3: 130
    UGW: 120

I always lurk on these boards but I want to make friends on here as I have none! I need some accountability. So far in my weight loss journey that I started 3 weeks ago, I've lost 8.4 pounds, which is really encouraging for me, but I look forward to losing more. Happy lifestyle changes, y'all!
  • kondmanu
    kondmanu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    CW: 186.4
    GW (for 12 weeks): 155/160
    GW2: 140
    GW3: 130
    UGW: 120

I always lurk on these boards but I want to make friends on here as I have none! I need some accountability. So far in my weight loss journey that I started 3 weeks ago, I've lost 8.4 pounds, which is really encouraging for me, but I look forward to losing more. Happy lifestyle changes, y'all!

Woow!! That is awesome... U can share some tips to others which will be useful.. U r doing great... Gud luck
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome @mirandan73189 !

@jazzypdx Where did you get your mason jar recipes from? I would be interested in making some to-go breakfasts, because I'm always running late :smile: Good job avoiding the vending machine! It's so tempting when you're stuck at work longer than you expect.

@kondmanu what do you put in your smoothies? I've been alternating between two recipes, so I'd love to hear some fresh ideas!

I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • kondmanu
    Options
    Welcome @mirandan73189 !

@jazzypdx Where did you get your mason jar recipes from? I would be interested in making some to-go breakfasts, because I'm always running late :smile: Good job avoiding the vending machine! It's so tempting when you're stuck at work longer than you expect.

@kondmanu what do you put in your smoothies? I've been alternating between two recipes, so I'd love to hear some fresh ideas!

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Hey sarah,

I normally play wid my recipes...
    1. Straberry n almond milk smoothie
    2. Mixed berries,almond milk and some greens
    3. Bananas, dates and water (or coconut water)
    4. Mangoes and banana smootie (can include greens also)

You can make smoothies with watever u want to just njoy it
  • kondmanu
    Options
    Hey all... How are you guys doing... I ate whole crap last week but this week i m doing gud no chocolates. This is the first achievement for me bcoz i cannot live without chocolates.. But yeah this week i didn't eat any... Soo yayy!!!
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi All ! Busy week, busting out tomorrow and heading for the beach (Lincoln City to see America at Chinook Winds) first day off work since January...dang I'm tired! I did really well on food, the Mason jars are working, the Fitbit is logging steps really well, didn't get to the gym/PF at all. But I did my usual morning stretches, and some oddball exercises before tucking in to bed. I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge/but modified because of my bad ankle, maybe I'll get it strong enough to do it as written in April.
    Saralynn - there are some jar recipes on Pinterest, I pretty much have been winging it based on what I like and new things I want to add to my diet. I think I will go buy some of the smaller straight jars though for breakfast.
    Mason jar update - #3 pineapple chunks, 1/2banana and last of the blueberries, oatmeal, 1/2 cup hot coconut milk , delicious! #4 Mango, pineapple, almonds, nine grain cereal, 1/2 cup hot soy milk, ...OK, think I should have used coconut milk. Really like this for eating healthy and quick in the morning. Adding Lunch jars next week...
    I leave for the beach 11am!!! Time to sleep ~ T
  • kondmanu
    Options
    jazzypdx wrote: »
    Hi All ! Busy week, busting out tomorrow and heading for the beach (Lincoln City to see America at Chinook Winds) first day off work since January...dang I'm tired! I did really well on food, the Mason jars are working, the Fitbit is logging steps really well, didn't get to the gym/PF at all. But I did my usual morning stretches, and some oddball exercises before tucking in to bed. I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge/but modified because of my bad ankle, maybe I'll get it strong enough to do it as written in April.
    Saralynn - there are some jar recipes on Pinterest, I pretty much have been winging it based on what I like and new things I want to add to my diet. I think I will go buy some of the smaller straight jars though for breakfast.
    Mason jar update - #3 pineapple chunks, 1/2banana and last of the blueberries, oatmeal, 1/2 cup hot coconut milk , delicious! #4 Mango, pineapple, almonds, nine grain cereal, 1/2 cup hot soy milk, ...OK, think I should have used coconut milk. Really like this for eating healthy and quick in the morning. Adding Lunch jars next week...
    I leave for the beach 11am!!! Time to sleep ~ T

Wooww!!!! That seems so delicious and u are seriously doing well... Hmm i think i shud also try these mason jars recipes.. Can anybody have recipes for snacking like vegan snacking which can we make at home... Hope everyone are doing good
  • sarahlynn78
    Options
    jazzypdx - thanks! I'll take a look at pinterest. Have fun at the beach!
    kondmanu - thanks! I've mainly just been combining berries, almond milk and protein powder. Good job on avoiding chocolate!

I am going to try out a recipe for granola bars this weekend - http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013862-coconut-granola-bars. It can be vegan if you substitute the honey. I'll report back on how they taste.

I'm coming to realize that preparation is going to be the key to healthy eating success for me. On the two mornings that I didn't prepare for breakfast the night before, I've ended up stopping and grabbing fast food on the way to work. I've made healthy choices both times, but I know eating something from home would be better and cheaper.
  • kondmanu
    Options
    jazzypdx - thanks! I'll take a look at pinterest. Have fun at the beach!
    kondmanu - thanks! I've mainly just been combining berries, almond milk and protein powder. Good job on avoiding chocolate!

I am going to try out a recipe for granola bars this weekend - http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013862-coconut-granola-bars. It can be vegan if you substitute the honey. I'll report back on how they taste.

I'm coming to realize that preparation is going to be the key to healthy eating success for me. On the two mornings that I didn't prepare for breakfast the night before, I've ended up stopping and grabbing fast food on the way to work. I've made healthy choices both times, but I know eating something from home would be better and cheaper.

That is really great Sarah!! U r doing great job
  • kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this group! I'm a single mom of two living in Connecticut. I am ready to eat better and feel better...I am 5'6 and started this a week ago at 162. I want to get down to 140. I weighed myself yesterday and was 159.8, and today I am 160.4. Don't you hate that? Trying to workout 5 to 6 days a week doing spinning class, barre class, and the elliptical machine at PF (my new personal favorite).

The frustrating part for me is night eating. I like to sit in bed and eat! Eating plain popcorn. Also, wine can be a problem for me too. I do love my wine and so do my girlfriends....ugh! But it's a journey and Rome wasn't built in a day, I need to be patient....eating 1400 calories and my exercise calories.....
  • ggonza81
    ggonza81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need help joining a group! I don't know how! Please help, thank you
  • kondmanu
    Options
    kwohl wrote: »
    I would love to be part of this group! I'm a single mom of two living in Connecticut. I am ready to eat better and feel better...I am 5'6 and started this a week ago at 162. I want to get down to 140. I weighed myself yesterday and was 159.8, and today I am 160.4. Don't you hate that? Trying to workout 5 to 6 days a week doing spinning class, barre class, and the elliptical machine at PF (my new personal favorite).

The frustrating part for me is night eating. I like to sit in bed and eat! Eating plain popcorn. Also, wine can be a problem for me too. I do love my wine and so do my girlfriends....ugh! But it's a journey and Rome wasn't built in a day, I need to be patient....eating 1400 calories and my exercise calories.....

Hey... Its totally fine to have lill fluctuations in weight... Bcoz it depends upon wat tym u r checking ur weight and also if u check ur weight daily it just leads to disappointment and frustration.. So as u told b patient. Things will change
  • kondmanu
    Options
    ggonza81 wrote: »
    I need help joining a group! I don't know how! Please help, thank you

Hi this is an open group i didnt created a particular group which u need to join on request. U can post wenevr u want to
  • kondmanu
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! We need to post our sw, cw and goal wieghts tomorrow... Dont forget to post which can help others to get motivated
  • sarahlynn78
    Options
    SW: 244.6
    CW: 239
    Loss: 5.6

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I made some coconut granola bars. They were tasty and I ate too many yesterday and went over my calorie goal. Oh well. Here's to better decisions today!
  • kondmanu
    Options
    SW: 244.6
    CW: 239
    Loss: 5.6

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I made some coconut granola bars. They were tasty and I ate too many yesterday and went over my calorie goal. Oh well. Here's to better decisions today!

Yeah Sarah... Some times even i feel like eating aloot... Dey tempt soo much.. But trying it and now seriously i m doing gud...
  • kondmanu
    Options
    SW: 196 lbs
    CW: 191lbs
    Loss: 5 lbs

There is no loss this week but i m trying to make even better habits
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 155 lbs
    Current Weight: 151.8 lbs
    Goal Weight: 135 lbs

Yeah, not a huge loss, but it's something. :P This week's been rough to put it lightly.
  • kondmanu
    Options
    wendsg wrote: »
    Start Weight: 155 lbs
    Current Weight: 151.8 lbs
    Goal Weight: 135 lbs

Yeah, not a huge loss, but it's something. :P This week's been rough to put it lightly.

That's great!! Atleast u lost some thing... "Something is better than nothing" keep going... All the best