Diet Coke vs Water??-- 0 cals vs 0 cals

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    tryeye wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    To be clear, while very minimal, Diet Coke is not 0 calories.
    Come on people...artificial colors, chemicals... who cares about the calories? Care about what you're actually putting into your body.

eiamtfa8n7d0.png

Caramel color or caramel coloring is a water-soluble food coloring. It is made by heat treatment of carbohydrates, in general in the presence of acids, alkalis, or salts, in a process called caramelization.

So what's the problem?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Come on people...artificial colors, chemicals... who cares about the calories? Care about what you're actually putting into your body.

What are you drinking, chemical-free water?
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love this board.
  • Dvdgzz
    Options
    PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE

Ingredients
    Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Aspartame, Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Benzoate (To Protect Taste), Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Caffeine.

I'll pass on all that and just take my water, thanks. lol

Oh my gosh.

Phenylketonuria is a rare disorder and those people cannot consume the AMINO ACID phenylalanine in any context. Phenylalanine is an amino acid found in proteins...

That was copied and pasted from the Coke website. Pretty sure it is a warning for PHENYLKETONURICS (people who have phenylketonuria), to warn them that it contains PHENYLALANINE.

LMAO

So I guess I don't understand what's the point of that original post?

I mean, i passed two semesters of chemistry in college and I see absolutely nothing alarming in your list of ingredients there.

None of those things are in water. ;)

Admit you have nothing and are wrong with your fear mongering.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    So what if none of those things are in water? If I had a glass of 12 Oz of water and a small container of those ingredients, and ingested them at the same time but separately, would that water be "ok"? But when they're mixed together it's evil?

I'm really confused by some people's logic in this thread.
  • Dvdgzz
    Options
    The same way a cheeseburger is evil but ground beef, a slice of cheese, and bread laid out separately are healthy. :D
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    LMAO

Weird reaction, in that everything she said is correct.

Laughing burns calories, though, so good for you, although I wouldn't count on it burning enough to make much of a difference in the size of your behind.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Dvdgzz wrote: »
    The same way a cheeseburger is evil but ground beef, a slice of cheese, and bread laid out separately are healthy. :D

As soon as someone at McDonald's lays hands on those ingredients to combine them it's the devil
  • Dvdgzz
    Options

As soon as someone at McDonald's lays hands on those ingredients to combine them it's the devil

Common knowledge. :)

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's like how coffee somehow doesn't count as hydration (for the record, no it doesn't cause dehydration). Instead, I should give up coffee (which also has, gasp!, caffeine) and drink water while eating chocolate-covered espresso beans.

Which isn't the worst idea, granted.
  • J72FIT
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It's like how coffee somehow doesn't count as hydration (for the record, no it doesn't cause dehydration). Instead, I should give up coffee (which also has, gasp!, caffeine) and drink water while eating chocolate-covered espresso beans.

Which isn't the worst idea, granted.

But coffee is ok as long as you put 1 or 2 tbsp of coconut oil in it... then it becomes fat burning because, coconut oil...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Lol, you'd be LUCKY to find everything you eat free of artificial color and chemicals.................especially since EVERYTHING we consume is chemically bonded at the molecular level.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

If you think the ingredients in diet soda are bad, just look at this list of nasty unpronounceable chemicals. Oh, the horror!!one!1!!!:

l0209an3dnwh.jpeg
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

You see, before the clean, wholesome ingredients are put together and made into an evil burger, they magically warp through a wormhole to an anti-universe (I believe these are located in the kitchen microwaves *shiver*) where their molecules are rearranged into an unclean thing full of cancer-causing chemicals, then they pass through hell where the devil himself spits on them before whooshing everything back. Same with pizza. It's true.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

eiamtfa8n7d0.png

Caramel color or caramel coloring is a water-soluble food coloring. It is made by heat treatment of carbohydrates, in general in the presence of acids, alkalis, or salts, in a process called caramelization.

So what's the problem?

So what's the problem? They said they underlined, yet it seems they actually bolded.

Other than that, not a f'ing thing.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

The problem is that combining them "confuses" your body, and when your body is confused it just stores everything as fat for safety's sake. Your body only understands whole foods, duh. :naughty:
  • TR0berts
    Options
    Oh, d@mn. Those mixed (aka combined) veggies I had for lunch are gonna make me fat.

Thanks, Obama.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

eiamtfa8n7d0.png

So what's the problem?

So what's the problem? They said they underlined, yet it seems they actually bolded.

The bolded was to show what ingredients are shared with regular coke...

I was responding to another poster asking the same question...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people still get their nutritional advice from Cosmopolitan...
  • TR0berts
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

eiamtfa8n7d0.png

So what's the problem?

The bolded was to show what ingredients are shared with regular coke...

I was responding to another poster asking the same question...

I know. But the thing you posted stated that they underlined those things. I was making an (apparently not-so) funneh.