Men, what do you REALLY think of girls w/ stretch marks?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• cc102296
    cc102296 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    21 here, stretch marks dont bother me. ive been with a 34 year old mom with stretch marks and we were too busy 'appreciating' each other to notice them. i have them too. on my arms, inner thigh, my stomach, hips and lower back
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Since I was 13 I've had stretch marks on my upper arms and honestly it has bothered me my entire life. I won't wear tank tops or any tops that show them. And that's just my comfort level.

That said, my fiance doesn't even notice them so when I'm alone with him I have no problem wearing shirts that show them off. Don't think I'll ever graduate to showing off my upper arms in public, but at least at home I feel sexy and confident. LOL.

I think everybody has insecurities. Whether it be stretch marks or where their weight sits on their thighs or whatever... The idea of everyone just being uber confident and just not caring is nice but I don't think it's overly realistic or fair.

It's okay to have insecurities... just don't let those insecurities dictate who you ARE.
  • solegmnz89
    solegmnz89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband had me look up sites to see women's bodies after birth, so that I could see that I had bounced back (just got some tiny white stretch marks on my thighs that everyone keeps saying aren't even stretch marks). But, when we were looking at the pictures my husband said that he doesn't find any of the stretch marks unattractive. He said they just look like patterns. He said they even look pretty. He said that my stretch marks are like imaginary friends because I'm the only one that can see them. He even showed me that he has them too. And I didn't even know. That's how hard to see and unnoticeable they are. Mine are like that. I asked him how he got them and he said, "From having skin".

Your husband is a hell of a human being. Good choice girl!
  • solegmnz89
    solegmnz89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Joehenny wrote: »
    I don't mind them at all.

May I ask if it's you in the picture? Because if that's you, I'd be very happy. I thought men with good-looking bodies would cringe at the idea of stretch marks. I got mine due to losing weight for being sad, and before I had always had a healthy weight and flawless skin, so the sudden unexpected change is killing me.