Men, what do you REALLY think of girls w/ stretch marks?

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My ex who was highly highly critical of my body, and womens bodies in general never once mentioned them.

My fiance has never mentioned them.

Clearly that's not a large percentage of males, but in my experience they don't care.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    It's likely she's had a baby, which means she puts out.

:laugh:
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I don't mind them at all.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter what men think of girls with stretch marks?
    Surely it is only your own thoughts on your stretch marks that matter? And from the sounds of things, you need to work on that, as confidence is more of a turn on for men, than stretch marks would be a turn off.
    If a guy were to judge you based on something so common and trivial, would he really be right for you anyway?

^^This
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I mean, obviously not having them is more aesthetically pleasing. However, if someone is not willing to give you a chance because you have stretch marks, then they aren't worth your time anyways. Keep working out and eating right, they will fade and shrink more and more as time goes on and you continue to get in shape.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I have a ton from 2 kids and being overweight. My b/f has them on his belly from being overweight. I do not care about his, and he does not care about mine. We are not teenagers, so who cares about them. Healthy is what matters. They are the path of life we have come, regardless of our mistakes. "tiger stripes" is my way of appreciating them!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    In college, I lived across the landing from a woman who thought she was really hot (and she was good looking, although much more overtly sexy than I would have wanted to project). She was also something of an exhibitionist. Once I saw her naked and I was surprised to see that although she was very thin she had stretch marks all over her butt. Her skin was dark brown and the marks were light so they were noticeable. I thought they were kind of gross.

I have plenty of flaws myself and tend to cover them up. It took me decades to go without stockings because it meant exposing a scar I got in childhood. It's much less noticeable, but if someone seems to be looking at it I feel very self-conscious.

So I guess I'm of the school that doesn't believe in letting it all hang out.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My husband says they look neat, they are shiny silver lines. I only have a few on my hips.he also likes my scars (From being a klutz and falling,,or the iguana biting me, or whatever...)
  • here2bme
    here2bme Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am one big stretch mark! I EARNED them with the birth of my son! They are part of me and that is perfectly okay with me:)
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    "We don't have no time to worry bout no **** like stretch marks... They came from either 1 of 2 things... Either you was big & got small, or you were small & got big ! Either way we f$&@ing... Either Waaay!" -KATT WILLIAMS

love katt williams!
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    They aren't stretch marks girl, they're tiger stripes.

I had really bad stretch marks during puberty because I have a very large bust, and it grew practically overnight. I was wearing a C cup by the time I was 11, and now I am a 34F. My marks were so severe that the skin tore and bled. Now, they're just silvery coloured and yes, indented, because all stretch marks are.

They don't bother me, I don't let them, because I am sick of magazines and media making it seem like a natural part of growing into your adult body is ugly. You are beautiful just as you are, but if they truly bother you that much then go for the removal, but they will fade, with time. Until they fade, try using Vichy's leg and body foundation to cover them up if it helps.

To speed along the healing process use Bio Oil to encourage skin cell turn over, or a retinol cream.
  • gbel1975
    gbel1975 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and married.

My wife has them, I have them.

My wife's don't bother me at all. They remind me that she's had three beautiful kids for me. I think she's gorgeous no matter what.

Mine on the other hand, I hate. But it's a fact of life.
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    I hate my stretch marks over my boobs and tummy, but hubby doesn't seem to care, similarly to what others are saying he's just happy to get the clothes off. :wink:
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I fall in the category of men that never goes out looking for a girl with stretch marks.....
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks have never bothered me. The biggest problem is the person's attitude.If they are from childbirth, then they should be celebrated as part of life. If from weight loss, then they should be a source of pride. I like what one poster said" if they are close enough to see them, they better be focused on other things". I'm 59
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don't have a ton, but the ones I have look rather gnarly because I had some severe cortisol issues about two years ago. Cocoa butter has helped fade even these.

In my experience, men have them just as much as women, just not necessarily as visible (those boys who "grew overnight" in high school? That didn't come at no cost for them, either).

I don't like stretch marks on me, but I personally find them attractive on other people. *Shrug*
  • jamiecrick3582
    jamiecrick3582 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I got strech marks when I went through puberty. Everything grew so fast! My hubs doesn't even notice!! We're both 31 btw.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Ok, seriously I just read 4 pages about something that I just don't care about. Really people I'm 37. I don't care about stretch marks thigh gap or whatever jewelry or how you matched your (X) to your (Y).
    Can we please stop using internet resources on this and get back to what guys really care about?

Do you squat
    How many hot dogs can you fit in your mouth at once
    is Zumba code word for pole dancing
    cleavage

These are things I'd be one hundred billion times more interested in than if you got some scars or something on your belly/hips/breasts. The only time its ever going to be an issue with me is never.

Here is an unrelated gif
    ear-scratch.gif
  • mutley1971
    mutley1971 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i'm 42 and really not bothered, it comes with the person , you like the person as a whole

mind you i''m terrified of what women think of my blubbery chest (probably nothing really but that my concern)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    . My teenage boy even has them pretty badly on his back just from growing tall too quickly, never been fat a day in his life.

I got my first few stretch marks at 17. I went from being a straight hipped girls to an hourglass figure almost over night, it seemed.