Over 50 Ladies?

Options
12346»

Replies

• cingisblving
    cingisblving Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! Feel free to add me! I am also over 50 and find losing weight is more of a challange than it was in my 20's and 30's.
  • likleylad
    likleylad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me I am 49 wanting to loose
    Weight and feel fit for my 50th
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi im 56 and starting over today. I started about a year ago and lost 45 lbs pretty good, had surgery and gain a lot of it back, due to not being able to exercise. Would love the motivation from you and for me to help you motivate yourself also. Would love to have you as a friend!
  • kcg710
    Options
    Hello, I have no idea how this works, but I am a decade over 50, female, and happy to give/receive encouragement to/from my peers. I have three daughters 32, 23, and 21. One is a special needs person -- I believe the politically correct term now is "intellectually disabled". I lost quite a bit of weight two years ago (50 lbs), but it is creeping back on. I want to lose 10 lbs so that ALL my clothes fit. :smile:

I do walk the dogs early, early in the morning (one of the few times my husband and I have to converse). We try to go 2 to 3 miles. Sometimes time doesn't permit that. I also exercise at least an hour a day. I found out that after the first month or so, when I make the time, I actually have MORE energy. I know, I know, sounds crazy, but it really is true. In a Bible study I heard the statement that everyone has the same amount of time...24 hours in a day ... so it isn't that there isn't time for something, it's that it is not a priority. That said, eating and putting a roof over one's head has to be an el primo priority!! So...three jobs, WOW!
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Weight was not in my vocabulary in my 20's and 30's but come 40's it began to gradually grow so I've decided not to beat myself up when I am gradually losing. BUT it would sure be nice to have the energy of 20's & 30's :bigsmile:
  • krchichester
    Options
    Add me too! I am 56 and need to lose 80 pounds, but I'll be happy with half of that!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in feb , I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroidism, while getting older and having medical issues does make weight loss harder it is not imoossible. I started mfp in july 2010 and have lost 115 lbs, I feel like I have my life back.feel free to add me I love mfp and could not have done this without all the motivation and encouragement
  • jcanen57
    jcanen57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and I have been on MFP for a little while, thought I would say how much I enjoy the site. Its nice getting the support I need to continue in my life style changes.

34280619.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lajpeck
    lajpeck Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am over 50 and have a very demanding job where I am on my feet 8 hours or more a day. I hurt so much I had to do something and a year ago found MFP. I just recently started posting and looking for friends to get support and support in return. This has been a hard journey and it is not over so I would love to add more friends who are of a similar age.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I m 53 and loving life. It seems there are alot of over 50 women here. My diary is open. Anyone can friend if you see fit.
  • Kittylu
    Options
    Hi ladies. No one told me the 50s would be this difficult. I am always hot hot hot, and not in a good way. Weight loss has been a struggle since the 40's. This time I am not giving in! Good luck ladies.
  • dorsie50
    Options
    Thank you I do feel alone because of my age. I work out only 20 min to the Jillian DVD'S.
    Do you know anything about any other home DVD'S that work. I have pretty bad knees.
  • monikalrobinson
    monikalrobinson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and experiencing menopause as well. I am also prone to depression and since starting menopause, I have lost all motivation to do anything especially exercise. I have made up my mind to get back into shape which will inevitably make me feel better overall. I need some positive input, support, and motivation that I know I can find on here. If you would be willing, can I add any of you? Thanks
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and experiencing menopause as well. I am also prone to depression and since starting menopause, I have lost all motivation to do anything especially exercise. I have made up my mind to get back into shape which will inevitably make me feel better overall. I need some positive input, support, and motivation that I know I can find on here. If you would be willing, can I add any of you? Thanks

Feel free to add me, and definitely join the group over here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    53 and staring down 54 in a short period of time. Have always had trouble with my weight and now my health has got to be priority. Empty nester who wants to be healthy so I can enjoy retirement, when it comes, with my husband.