SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- MARCH 2016 CHALLENGE

lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

You will notice some people post streaks of how many days they are free of late night snacking. This is definitely not a requirement, but if you want to do it for motivation, it works well.

Welcome!

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited February 2016
    March Goals
    • Finish eating at 9pm 25/31 nights.
    • Finish eating at 10pm 6/31 nights of my choice.
    • Take it one day at a time.

NLNS on 28/29 days in February! :)

Me:
    LNS:
    Streak: ..... (longest streak: 63) :smiley:

[/quote]
  • freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    New to this but excited to start a challenge.

March Goals
    No eating after dinner 27/31 nights.
    Can snack after dinner 4/31 nights, one night per weekend.
    Good luck everyone :-D
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    I'm actually having a 2:53am snack as I'm typing. Baby marrow, of course. Snacking after dinner isn't the problem; the problem is WHAT kind of snack it is and what the SIZE of the snack is.
  • lshubin
    lshubin Posts: 9 Member
    So I joined the last week of February, and i didn't exactly crush it. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to start here yet, but I will anyways. I don't want to eat after 8, unless I have leftover calories and an appetite after school or work.
    As of today (the first day)

Me: 1
    LNS: 0
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    March goal
    No snacking of any sort after 8 pm.
    Will carry forward my Jan and Feb streak.

Good luck everyone
  • Good morning everyone my name is Michael my goal is not to snack after 9 p.m. for the month of March under no circumstances, continuous exercise as I continue to reach out to find what the proper foods are in order to eat and still be full without all the calories the sugar ect. if you see me on here please reach out to me as I need all the help that I can get as well as the encouragement... Thank you very much and have a wonderful day

• serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    FWIW I found that how I balanced my macros during the day significantly influences whether or not I have the urge to snack at night. For instance, if I start my day with proteins and fat and end my day with starchy carbs I'm less hungry overall throughout the day. If I start with lots of carbs and end with proteins and fat then I'm ravenous and fighting cravings all day and into the night. I have friends who are just the opposite. Might be worth playing with. I've also found that sipping hot tea or seltzer with a splash of fruit juice keeps me from snacking before bed.
  • Jadsiat
    Jadsiat Posts: 18 Member
    I have found that if I make something I don't particularly like for dinner, I tend to snack at night. I have a 5 day streak to carry over from February so I hope to keep going and adding to it.
    ME - 5
    LNS - 0
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Welcome to the newcomers!

It's NBD to report the end of February here (on March Challenge). I'll start reporting here on 3/2 for my 3/1 results. Once again, thanks to @lamlam2013 for being such a great leader, getting a new month set up!

Most of us follow the reporting practice to show CURRENT month LNS score (like "Me: 2; LNS:0" on 3/2 or 3, depending on when you report). Many of us have begun listing our current streak (number of days straight without a LNS stumble) next. So if I'm reporting for 3/2, it might look like this:
    * Me: 2*
    * LNS: 0
    * Streak: 62

As @lamlam2013 's initial post tells, many of us put an "*" after whichever is the most recent victor ("me" or "LNS").

Let's all have a great March!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Good morning everyone my name is Michael my goal is not to snack after 9 p.m. for the month of March under no circumstances, continuous exercise as I continue to reach out to find what the proper foods are in order to eat and still be full without all the calories the sugar ect. if you see me on here please reach out to me as I need all the help that I can get as well as the encouragement... Thank you very much and have a wonderful day

You can do this Michael good luck
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2016
    Finished on an 11 day streak.

March Goals

Me:
    LNS:
    Streak: ..... (longest streak: 63) :smiley:

• ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    I just saw this challenge and feel like it's a perfect fit. After dinner snacking is definitely one of my weak points :(

I guess my goal is not to snack after dinner (I am guessing that herbal tea does not count as a snack right?) unless I am having a movie date night with my husband, then maybe I will allow myself something. I have given up alcohol (wine) for Lent so I should be good about that at least until Easter! After that I will allow myself one glass of wine after dinner once a week with hubby.

Hope I can figure out how to post properly by March 2nd :)
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Yay I love challenges!

For me, late night snacking is any food after dinner; tea and water are fine. My goal is to go the whole of March without eating after dinner :|

Me: 1*

Good luck everyone!
  • freakymistkd
    Me - 1
    LNS - 0
    Great start ;-)
  • freakymistkd
    Might be a silly question but if my goal is to eat nothing after dinner for 27/31 nights and allowing myself a snack after dinner 4/31 nights but must be a weekend night. Do those four nights still count as me or do I put them to LNS?
  • WalkerPop
    Me: 29* :smile:
    Streak: 74
    :star: February LNS Goal: Eat nothing after 9 p.m. 27 of 29 days. :star:
    :star::star:Goal Achieved! :star::star:

(Longest streak 103 from 8/2 through 11/13/15) :grin:
  • WalkerPop
    Hellllooo, March! You're gonna FALL, too.

:star: March LNS Goal: Eat nothing after 9 p.m. 29 of 31 days. :star:

Not just about LNS, this thought challenges me daily. When I want to impulse, it rings in my ears.
    Adults devise a plan and follow it. Children do what feels good. Maturity is the ability to delay pleasure. (Dave Ramsey)
    …So am I (are you) adulting or impulsing today? Great goals aren't achieved on an impulse or a whim!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Finished on an 11 day streak.

March Goals

Me: 1*
    Streak: 1..... (12 overall; longest streak: 63) :smiley:

• lamlamsmakeover
    lshubin wrote: »
    So I joined the last week of February, and i didn't exactly crush it. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to start here yet, but I will anyways. I don't want to eat after 8, unless I have leftover calories and an appetite after school or work.
    As of today (the first day)

Me: 1

By all means, join anytime! :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Might be a silly question but if my goal is to eat nothing after dinner for 27/31 nights and allowing myself a snack after dinner 4/31 nights but must be a weekend night. Do those four nights still count as me or do I put them to LNS?

With this challenge, it's completely up to you. If that is the goal you have set, then go with it. Best wishes for a successful month!