Hey, how about if you don't read someone's diary...

Options
MzManiak
MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
DON'T comment "great job!"... I'm tired of seeing comments of that nature, then I look at the diary and the person only ate 500 calories that day. :noway: Wtf? How the hell is that a good job? STOP encouraging eating disorders! If you aren't going to take the time to at least glance at the diary... just don't comment. :explode:

Ok, rant over. Carry on. :wink:

Replies

• brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    +1

this happens on my list quite frequently :(

i hate when people automatically post the same comment on everyones status but don't actually look through it!

the whole point of viewing the diary is seeing all the diff foods and overall numbers!

rant carried on, and now over :explode:
  • jennorris1991
    jennorris1991 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Agree! (Of course if they don't open up their diary... that is a different matter!)
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    How about you just unfriend the person who's offending you? Or unfriending the person who eats so little that their friends comments offend you? Job done!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    How about you just unfriend the person who's offending you? Or unfriending the person who eats so little that their friends comments offend you? Job done!
    This
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I usually comment without reading the diary. I'm sure the majority of people are this way.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    The sad part is, there are a lot of people here who would look at a diary with 500 calories and think the person had done a good job!
  • Don_n
    Don_n Posts: 3
    Options
    :(
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    The sad part is, there are a lot of people here who would look at a diary with 500 calories and think the person had done a good job!

This is the problem ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll always try to get through to the person first. If it gets to that point.. then it must be done :(
  • bluesky248
    bluesky248 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    This

Yep, this. I like to look through diaries because I can get ideas. If we don't each gain something from each other then I unfriend them. Easy peasy.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Happens wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too often, I'm completely with ya, better to be slightly over than way under
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I won't comment if I don't think it's a good diary. I'm not going to berate someone for having a bad day (and if it becomes consistent, I'll just delete them), but I'm not going to support it either.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have a general idea of how many calories my friends eat, and their eating habits. I caught one of my ex-MFP friends eating only 500. Two carrots, 1/2 tsp of ranch dip, half an apple, etc. This person barely amounted to 500 calories. I noticed that this person kept doing it, so I unfriended them. I asked this MFPer why don't you eat more? They said they aren't ever hungry. I have no knowledge on eating disorders, neither am I qualified to offer help. I saw people were blindly commenting 'way to go!' etc. It is disappointing, so I just unfriended said person. Hopefully they get help. And on top of that, they were burning 400+ cals. in their workouts. It's so saddening. I wish they could lose weight the right way.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mf7e9eaFUV1rc3ccm.gif
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mf7e9eaFUV1rc3ccm.gif

Strangely mesmerizing
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    maybe they had a reason for such a light cal day ... personally today iv ate 370cals and prob wont have much more because im sick, and to b fair those 370cals are more than iv had because I had to stop eating half way through it came right back out ...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So people are actually trolling other people's food diary? This is why I turned off my "...completed her food diary..." autoposts. If it isn't in their newfeed, they aren't going to comment.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I usually comment without reading the diary. I'm sure the majority of people are this way.

ummmmmm

no.

why would you comment without looking?
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    maybe they had a reason for such a light cal day ... personally today iv ate 370cals and prob wont have much more because im sick, and to b fair those 370cals are more than iv had because I had to stop eating half way through it came right back out ...

Sympathies. I had that happen two days this spring when I had stomach flu.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't comment unless i actually go in and look at how their day panned out.