Hey, how about if you don't read someone's diary...

Options

Replies

• FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Comment Approvals mandatory.

Please proceed to the Comment Police Desk before clicking Post Reply.

Thank You. Have a nice snack.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, I've had days when I hit my calorie goal on the mo-fo-ing NOSE, and since it didn't say, "and was under her calorie goal," people commented, "Oh, better luck tomorrow." WTF?
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    How about you just unfriend the person who's offending you? Or unfriending the person who eats so little that their friends comments offend you? Job done!

That's what I do, life is too short to be annoyed by some stranger on MFP.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    How about...Mind your own business :flowerforyou:
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've deleted a few friends because there calorie intake was just way to low and even after I pointed out that their calorie intake was way to low they say things like oh no its ok I got this :/ So I follow the golden rule, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.... leaving me a friend I can't communicate with :(
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Wow Im feeling really lucky, I have some awesome people in my friends list when it comes to diaries. Most of them check mine out and leave a real message, commenting on something I ate, whether they liked the meal I had and saying it was a great choice, or seeing that I broke down and had fast food and being encouraging to stay on track. For me, it helps me to keep myself accountable..no one ever makes me feel bad for what I eat, but Im committed to logging everyday, and knowing that someone else is looking keeps me from cheating.

Oh and about the .2 or .5 or .whatever weight loss, I totally give kudos!!! I went for so long with NO loss whatsoever, that every single ounce down feels like such a victory! LoL I appreciate the encouragement, and of course will pass it along.

Anyway, after reading this thread, I feel like giving some of the people on my friends list a hug, they keep me coming back and just by paying attention, I feel like they actually care about my progress. So Im thankful.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I recently got a friend request from someone who clearly works very hard to be motivating and while I appreciate the sentiment, yesterday she commented on what a great logging day I had on my diary....my diary that isn't even open. So either she's psychic or just on auto pilot.
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You're totally right, and in addition... it's just not very motivating to read. Unless I feel my friend took the time to think about what I'm working on, it's just sort of an empty statement and ignored phone notification. I look at my friends' diaries anytime I can.
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Maybe theres only 500 calories because they didn't fnish or didn't have time to log everything in. I honestly am a perfect example of this. I am too busy with work and 2 kids that sometimes i dont have time to log in everything. But since being on MPF its taught me to watch what and how much i eat and to exercise regulary. i think its become such a habit for me that now i dont need to log it all in. I work out EVERY morning... check out my diary and you'll see that its not logged in. ... just saying :)
  • melly0224
    melly0224 Posts: 15
    Options
    So many things to say so little time
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Does a "good job" on a 500 calorie day really encourage that person to under eat all the time? I don't think so. I think people are dieting the way they feel comfortable with, and it does not really matter what their MFP "friends" (who for the most part are really just strangers), say about their diary. Personally I think comments about ones diary are just words used to encourage the person to stay mindful about what they eat, and if they are having success what ever their personal goals are then keep at it. I would not presume to tell another person how or what to eat..... Why do so many MFP members think they are authorities? Aren't most people here, at least when they first sign up, because they have a weight problem and want to use the MFP tools to help them lose (or gain what ever the case may be)? That certainly does not make anyone an authority on weight loss.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    DON'T comment "great job!"... I'm tired of seeing comments of that nature, then I look at the diary and the person only ate 500 calories that day. :noway: Wtf? How the hell is that a good job? STOP encouraging eating disorders! If you aren't going to take the time to at least glance at the diary... just don't comment. :explode:

Ok, rant over. Carry on. :wink:

I agree; but perhaps you should rant on your personal page (in addition to here) so those who are involved might actually read your comment.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! I literally had someone on my feed say that she has 4000 additional calories for the week that she just didn't consume WTF?!?!?! And then when she posted this with the question "Hmm what should I do today." People actually responded with "Lots of alcohol!!" Yes. Pure brilliance. Starve yourself all week and then binge on booze. Ill bet your body will look and feel great!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I wish everyone used MFP exactly the way I do. The right way.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Does a "good job" on a 500 calorie day really encourage that person to under eat all the time? I don't think so. I think people are dieting the way they feel comfortable with, and it does not really matter what their MFP "friends" (who for the most part are really just strangers), say about their diary. Personally I think comments about ones diary are just words used to encourage the person to stay mindful about what they eat, and if they are having success what ever their personal goals are then keep at it. I would not presume to tell another person how or what to eat..... Why do so many MFP members think they are authorities? Aren't most people here, at least when they first sign up, because they have a weight problem and want to use the MFP tools to help them lose (or gain what ever the case may be)? That certainly does not make anyone an authority on weight loss.

Really? People who ask to be your friends on here are typically looking for encouragers, motivators and well I would think honesty. Eating 500 calories a day is by no means healthy and when I look at someone's diary and see this I will look at other days and see what their trend is. Maybe they had a bad day and need encouragement of a different sort.

We need honesty to keep on track, focused and accountable. Isn't that what this is about here on MFP?
  • salladeve
    Options

Really? People who ask to be your friends on here are typically looking for encouragers, motivators and well I would think honesty. Eating 500 calories a day is by no means healthy and when I look at someone's diary and see this I will look at other days and see what their trend is. Maybe they had a bad day and need encouragement of a different sort.

We need honesty to keep on track, focused and accountable. Isn't that what this is about here on MFP?

Yes, really. I do what I do, whether or not the strangers I've met on MFP like or don't like what I eat. get over yourself
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    DON'T comment "great job!"... I'm tired of seeing comments of that nature, then I look at the diary and the person only ate 500 calories that day. :noway: Wtf? How the hell is that a good job? STOP encouraging eating disorders! If you aren't going to take the time to at least glance at the diary... just don't comment. :explode:

Ok, rant over. Carry on. :wink:

I 100% agree with you. Its like people want this feel good factor irrespective of how good or bad they are doing. I had one person consumed over 4000 mg in one day: her answer: she did not notice, friend's answer: it only once in a while.

I have come to the conclusion to not commenting on something that is wrong. I refuse to tell someone good job, when they have screwed up.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    how do you know they are not doing IF 5:2 diet and maybe that is just a one day thing..

if it bothers you so much take them off your friend list...
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends here. I don't always poke my nose into their diets. If they are posting their food and staying in touch with what they eat, I think it is a good day.
  • salladeve
    Options
    I have a lot of friends here. I don't always poke my nose into their diets. If they are posting their food and staying in touch with what they eat, I think it is a good day.

Exactly this!