March 2016 Running Challenge

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Welcome to all the new faces. Too many for me to call out individually. But I hope you find us all encouraging to help you meet all of your goals.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    First run in over a month and it felt OK. Hip got a little sore half way thru so I started engaging my glutes and core a little more and it eased up a bit if that makes sense. Still a little sore but not any real pain so not sure if I should continue or rest longer.

3/1 Easy 2 miles 23 to go.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    I'm in!

One stupid question: when creating your ticker, I followed the instruction on page 1, but it doesn't say WHERE we post the link to our ticker we created! Do we have to copy and paste it every time we make a post here? Or is there a way to add it as part of a signature line?

Thanks!

exercise.png

EDIT: I copied and pasted the link here, I guess there isn't a signature line we can use to just post it there and have it post every time we make a post. Bummer...

I save my progress and my ticker url (the first option on the ticker site) in note pad. When I do an update I simply modify the note pad entry and then copy it to my MFP post. Once posted, I can click on my ticker to be taken directly to the ticker site so I can add my miles! Make sure you click next on ticker site to make the changes. Then on MFP just refresh the page and see the updated ticker info.

The posts come so fast and furious here I can't stand having to go thru them and try to find my last post :)
  • krwallis
    krwallis Posts: 21 Member
    Starting slow and hope to build back up to where I used to be. Shooting for 30 miles this month so hoping to average a mile a day. exercise.png
  • CChen8520
    CChen8520 Posts: 64 Member
    newbie here, setting a goal of 50miles!

exercise.png

Looking forward to my first 4 mile race in June :) good luck everyone
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    I'm in!

One stupid question: when creating your ticker, I followed the instruction on page 1, but it doesn't say WHERE we post the link to our ticker we created! Do we have to copy and paste it every time we make a post here? Or is there a way to add it as part of a signature line?

Thanks!

exercise.png

EDIT: I copied and pasted the link here, I guess there isn't a signature line we can use to just post it there and have it post every time we make a post. Bummer...

I just quote my last post, modify it to add my new mileage, then take out the front [ quote ] and back [ /quote ] tags. That way all the old information including my ticker is there already.

Cool! Thanks for the tip!
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2016
    3/01: 3 miles, easy (am)
    Total: 3.01 miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    3/12 - Leprechaun Leap (5K)
    3/20 - Excalibur 10 Miler
    3/26 - Chicago Quarter Marathon
    4/09 - Chi Town Half Marathon
    5/28 - Soldier Field Run (10 miles)
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Mar 01      3.7      3.7

exercise.png
  • dominichoran
    dominichoran Posts: 18 Member
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    @dominichoran - 323! Oh my gosh! That's like a full time job. I always joke that all my training is like a part time job.

Getting paid to run, even off a part-time salary would be novel :smiley:

• Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    The last two times I ran I noticed fatigue in my quads from my workout, so with that workout increasing I need to move it to another day, or later in the day but not just before my runs anymore. I also had a very meaningful loss in weight today, I broke through a mental/emotional barrier I have been stuck on for more than a year, so I'm really excited about that. It feels like I have really got my head back in the game again, and focused on what's rationally best for me.

Mar 1 - Run/ 1.3 ml, walk/ 1.3 ml - 10k Trainer Week 6 Day 2, Strengthening WO
  • laa24
    laa24 Posts: 2 Member
    I took several months off from running but I'd love to get back into it and I need some motivation. I'm setting a goal of 25 miles this month. I went 2.5 today.

exercise.png
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Just came back from the gym. Travelled 5.63 km on the treadmill, 28 mins running. 94.37 km to goal.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Whew! Had to replace the first link- it got quite crude... This is G rated.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/run-matters/are-you-addicted-to-running

WE WANT THE FIRST LINK! WE WANT THE FIRST LINK! :smile:
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Today, it felt like I was running through honey, it was the hardest run I've done in months. No idea why, though it sounds like a good excuse to eat more carbs and go to bed early.

1st March - 3.03 miles

MTD - 3.03/65 miles

Upcoming races:
    19th Mar - Spring Riverside 10km
    3rd Apr - Paddock Wood Half Marathon
    8th May - Run Hackney Half Marathon
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hoping to get out this evening and run 3-4, then lift weights a bit.

3/1 - ?

exercise.png
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hello all. I've been running off and on since 2008. I'm currently training for a trail 25k in April and a 50k in June (night race, first ultra). I'll put 150 for March. Mileage is still low.

3/1 - 15.15mi (easy run)

March total: 15.15

UPCOMING RACES
    Beginner's Luck Trail 25k - April 9
    Twilight and Beyond 50k - June 4
    Running w Devil 10k or HM - June 25-26
    Nocturnal Sins M or 80k - July 9
    Beyond Black and Back M or 100k - Aug 6
    ET Marathon or 50k - Aug 20-21
    Mt Charelston Downhill Marathon - Oct 22
    Beyond Spooked Halloween ultra TBA Oct 29
    RnR Vegas M or Half TBD -Nov 13
    Vegas Turkey Trot 12K/HM Nov 24
    Hoover Dam Marathon - Dec 10
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    1---3.57 walk yea! I'm ahead of schedule!

Upcoming races:
    03/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    03/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    04/24/16 OKC Memorial undecided distance
    10/16/16 THAT dam half, Lewisville TX
    11/05/16 Jenks Half Jenks OK
    Run the year 2016  213.65 / 2016
  • Elise4270
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Whew! Had to replace the first link- it got quite crude... This is G rated.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/run-matters/are-you-addicted-to-running

WE WANT THE FIRST LINK! WE WANT THE FIRST LINK! :smile:

Ha-ha! It really was crass. Wanking, f- bombs, elephant dung, and meth addicted crows... Which is hilarious... But i thought the unsuspecting newbie might flip sht.. Google "running addiction" it's by AngryJogger.
  • Elise4270
    Today, it felt like I was running through honey, it was the hardest run I've done in months. No idea why, though it sounds like a good excuse to eat more carbs and go to bed early.

I agree. Ben and Jerry's will do :wink:
  • rcsmom2002
    rcsmom2002 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everyone. This is my first post here, although I've been following the challenges for the last couple months. Some impressive mileage here! I'm Jenny, 40 years old, started running about 2 years ago. Still not much of a distance runner but I enjoy it. My goal for March is 35 miles. It was a beautiful day here in Virginia so I got a 3.25 mile start on my goal. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

3/1: 3.25miles (beautiful day!)

exercise.png