March Goal - 50km walking

March 2 - 6km
    Total - 9 km
    41km to go :-)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 4 miles

I think I figured out the pain issue I just need to run in Hawaii. No pain at all.

Yesterday snorkeled at Hanuoma Bay. Used a cheap underwater camera so we will need to see how it works. So no under water pictures but this is the area I've been running in, though I did go out and run around the city today.

aivs4ksbbeih.jpg
    ixgv3ih9xkhl.jpg
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pics, @skippygirlsmom !
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    1 Mar – 3 km
    2 Mar – 4 km
    (been wearing in my new orthotics)

Goal: 60 km

Today I feel compelled to point out that I do a lot of walking as well as my running, but I'm only counting the running.

I do at least 17,000 steps minimum a day . [/brag]

:smiley:
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom : running in Hawaii fixes everything!
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    2.2 miles today and no pain! 57.8 miles to go!
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Having to work unexpectedly and then crappy weather here in Chicago turned Day 1 into a rest day for me. Did some core work though. Planning 6 for tomorrow along the lake.

Bought a night running light!

Big welcome to even more new people.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I agree. Ben and Jerry's will do :wink:

@Elise4270 Am I the only person who doesn't like Ben and Jerry's? I'll get my coat...

Oh, and the first link was definitely better!

@4leighbee That's great news, I hope she finds her way to enjoy exercise :)

@skippygirlsmom That looks gorgeous! I cannot explain how jealous I am right now.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom yes!! You have found the solution. I will be right there and we will call it prevention :) lovely pics
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom ... are you kidding?! Wow, I will try to upload those images into my head for this afternoon's run. Have a wonderful time!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    @mobycarp - I've mostly heard Yasso+10 unless you are close to your ideal marathon weight (BMI of 20-22). For me, 10 @ 3:10 was very doable, but my last marathon (of 3:29) was in 99% humidity @ 70 degrees so I'm not too sure how good of a data point that is.

@Ohhim - I had never heard of a BMI guideline for ideal marathon weight; I imagine it would have the same weaknesses of BMI in general, i.e. a sloppy measurement based on height squared as a surrogate for volume means taller people should have higher numbers. FWIW, I've been maintaining my weight to target of 162 lbs. (22.6 BMI) for almost 4 years; this week I've been hovering around 161 (22.4 BMI). Maybe I shouldn't be as concerned about dropping below 160 as I have been, or maybe I'm tall enough to get away with higher numbers. *shrug*

Seven weeks to Boston, and I'm not going to start second-guessing weight management at this point. Maybe next training cycle.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I think I could use some of that Hawaii running therapy.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I agree. Ben and Jerry's will do :wink:

@Elise4270 Am I the only person who doesn't like Ben and Jerry's? I'll get my coat...

:worried: Well, pie then? My stomach can't handle it, but I eat it anyway.. I really need to muster some discipline.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 - loved the first link! LOL
    @5BeautifulDays - Sorry you are stuck at home. I don't know anything about treadmills, but I know when I run 5 miles my fitbit shows 10,000 steps. So it must be about 2000 steps per mile. If you have a fitbit or step tracker, if you run you could sort of estimate the count that way. I'm sure everyone gets different steps per mile, of course.
    But, on the other hand, you deserve to just get a fancy new treadmill!

@skippygirlsmom - Beautiful pictures! I love the no-pain solution - move there!

@4leighbee - I hope she loves the gym!

I found out from a friend at spinning class last night that the Cocoa Beach HM is terrible. She hasn't done it but she knows many people that have and said that the run on the beach is not packed sand. In Daytona and the beaches north of there the sand is very packed and fine for running/driving. Cocoa is more like regular sand. She said it is very unorganized and goes through parking lots and the sand was terrible. So crossing that off my potential future HM. Still looking... and waiting for Nike to announce LA and Atlanta dates.

March 1 - 5.05 miles + 1 hour spinning
    March 2 - strength training (after work, hopefully not jinxing by posting early)

exercise.png

3/3 Orlando City Soccer 5K

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    3/1: Rest day
    3/2: 12 miles (am)

I was not super keen on the distance today or the weather. Things started off nice at 50 degrees and maybe 14 mph winds. Two hours later: 42 degrees and 22 mph winds. My poor little arms froze! And my banged up knee was pretty sore, so I need to do more icing again today. But hey, I got all my miles in and I was right on target for my easy pace. There's just a difference between "Hey that felt easy!" easy pace and "Ugh that felt like a slog" easy pace. This morning was just one of those runs that makes me appreciate the truly easy ones.

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    3/12: Run O' The Mill 5K (Clinton, NJ)
    4/3: Caesar Rodney HM (Wilmington, DE)
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon (Lots of towns, NJ)
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Started off the month with a couple of really difficult miles :/

3/1 - 2 miles

exercise.png

Ooh, @Elise4270 Angry Jogger always makes me chuckle!

Upcoming Races:
    12/3/16 SA Rock N Roll - 5K/10K

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ticker pic changed in honor of the expected usual rainy Ohio march.

This month I’m going to try pre-logging my running plan I’m supposed to be following..see if that’ll shame me into consistency.

Also, I’m looking at an August half marathon (I thought the one I was targeting was earlier in the year until I checked). The good news is if I can set aside the $ pretty soon, it’ll be cheaper..) Also, since that’s so far out, I’m going to try and book some 5-10K in there before that so I have something else to keep me going…like to do at least 2 races before the HM.

WOW..The New Year’s Resolutioners have probably given up by now for the most part. It’s really weird to have this many new folks joining in March. DEEP BREATH AND…NEWBIE WELCOMES TO:@Forever_Country09 @4leighbee @dcresider @elpearce92 @ErynVee @joinn68 @shilshilshil @brhollifield @lboyce59 @chatpati @sehipkins @rjmqk3 @freakymistkd @deucemon69 @Jonesie1984 @HA SWLRS @Maria1582 @TehLaughingDog @TriniDiva_PA @Jezebuilt @drucillak13 @lillymacki55 @Dibbsa @cbrunenkant @MNLittleFinn @nyjpeterson @brian_gunther @jstafaz @lloydwells66 @krwallis @CChen8520 @laa24 @ROBOTFOOD @rcsmom2002 @meganridenour (that’s 35 newbies if you’re counting at home..apologies if anyone was missed)

03/01: PLAN:4 miles easy. The wind was STIFF last night…such that I was struggling to keep running in it. I was able to maintain my pace between 12:15-12:30 for all my splits though and felt like a beast afterward. I’m slow but I didn’t want to go out there because I knew the weather sucked, wanted to quit a mile in, and made myself do it. I felt good enough at the end that I think I could have forced myself to go another 2 miles if the plan had called for it. A good run :)
    03/02: PLAN:REST DAY..To do: Walking/weights

RACES UNDER CONSIDERATION:
    04/02 WARM Quest to End Poverty Run (5K) Westerville, OH
    05/30 UACA Memorial Day 5 Miler Upper Arlington, OH
    ***08/28 Emerald City Half/Quarter Marathons Dublin, OH (this is the quarter I ran last year and I think it would be a propos to make it my first half...)
    09/26 5K Bunny Run, Hilliard, OH
    10/23 Ohio State 4 Miler Columbus, OH

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    3/1: 2 miles
    3/2 Rest day/Kettlebells (ran 2/29 also)
    3/3: plan on 2.5-3 miles

Races under consideration:
    7/14 Park Point 5 Mile
    9/24 Boundary Waters Bank Half Marathon
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    March was going to be a slow month anyway, because I was supposed to have surgery on my tailbone this Friday. Well, no surgery, since I am employed full-time as my son's pancreas at the moment and can't take a week off to recuperate, which means a race or two might actually still be in my future. Sadly, I can't leave the kiddo at home alone, so my runs may be limited. I'm going to set a goal for 50. I'm going to aim for 75. And if I can hit my normal 100 I will be dancing in the streets with joy. I am thinking about replacing my treadmill with one that will actually tell me how far I've run...any suggestions?

3/1.....3.0 @ 10:40 on the TM, plus strength training

exercise.png

Best of luck. I am definitely thinking of you. As far as a treadmill suggestion goes, I have nothing. I just use whatever my gym has. I don't currently have the space for a treadmill in my house. :frowning:

To carry over our February conversation, I don't give a crap about medals or shirts, either (though ones that give out things like beer or plants or duffel bags or running sweatshirts are kind of nice). I most certainly do not run races to win them! I do races for a couple reasons - one, I'm a very competitive person...with myself, anyway. I have always tried to outdo myself in a variety of things over the course of my little life. Races seem like a great format to push myself harder, faster, and farther and give me an "official" time to strive to beat for next time. On the same note, I schedule myself for races to keep myself motivated based on the fact that I do not want to embarrass myself on race day, so I'm motivated to train. Otherwise, I would most sit on my butt all day, every day, and I like food way too much to do afford to do that. :smile: