WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• Jussilu
    Jussilu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi ....I'm new to this site. I'll be 65 on Tuesday and this is the year of taking care of me! I'm down 20 and need about 60 more lbs. I hope I did the right thing to find this site again. Lucy from CT
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You will be missed, Mary!!
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    To all my friends, due to the negative affect electronics have on my medicine for my Lymes disease and Anaplasmosis, specifically the cell phone and computer I have decided to pack them away for the next 5 months of my treatment. This means that I will not be logging on here until late August. I will miss everyone very much! I will log back on August 20th after my recheck.

PS I will get 10,000 Kettlebell Swings before the end of the month! Don't ever give up!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
    We will
    All miss you!!!
    Hope you get better soon!
    Betty

• CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I promised myself some plants and a new pair of garden gloves if I completed my to do list. Aren't they adorable? They just ooze spring. I tried them out that morning for 2 hours.

qdr70lmjvitp.jpg

The church bells, carillon and birds chirping their accompaniment illustrated the poem:

"The kiss of the sun for pardon,
    The song of the birds for mirth,
    One is nearer God's heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth."

Penny So glad you have rejoined us but sorry that you have been ill. I imagined that you had traveled to parts unknown and without access to internet.

Heather
    I understand. I also travel but just let the neighbors and friends pick what they want. It actually helps keep the garden tidy. People in the neighborhood put out excess bounty (zucchini anyone?) for passersby to take. I still have peppers, beans and eggplants in the freezer, not to mention all the green tomato pickles. So will someone please explain why I just went out and bought lots more seeds and pods? I guess the wildlife appreciates it. In fact, the squirrels just stripped another Brussels sprout that made it through the winter. There ought to be a law. I put in the spinach seeds, and different types of lettuce seedlings this morning as well as some perennials and pansies. The pods are watered and waiting in the basement for their seeds. They should be sprouted by the time I get back from South America.

Reading about you gals who are dating makes me so relieved not to be starting over. I do not think that I would have that courage.

For those of you who observe Easter, may the holiday bring renewed life, health and joy to you, your families and all those you love.

CJ
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My first holiday totally by myself. Has been a pretty rough day. Only good thing I have been eating better than I would have otherwise. This day can't be over soon enough for me.

Lucy welcome to the group. Has been nothing but a positive for me.

Cj love the gardening gloves.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,567 Member
    Options
    When I realized who mary is(fancy) I was like ohhhhhh. U do u, come back soon. I'm bad but I only pay attention to screen names not real names
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    16mph winds!
    Ride hm 2 johnnys dock- 17.13min, 13.9amph, 146mhr, 3.9mi = 145c
    Ride johnnys dock 2 REI- 28.40min, 7.2amph, 155mhr, 3.4mi = 276c
    Ride REI 2 hm- 6.13min, 9.4amph, 132mhr, .9mi = 75c
    Total cal 497
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    WAIT...TheRealMsWolf.... that looks like a prescription name. I have a cold, I use FBXMIL and I am better. ... I am not even gonna guess what that stands for. You win friend!! :-)
    Becca
    confused in Oregon.
    hahahaha
    GodMomKim wrote: »

My Guess = FBXMIL – favorite brother’s x mother in law???
    Kim from N. California

I didn't mean to confuse anyone. FB stands for two not nice words o:) X as in "ex" and MIL = mother in law. She was manipulative, controlling, demanding, and petty. Getting rid of her was a positive to the divorce! lol

Ooooh I filled in the blanks. Well that was baggage that was good to rid yourself of!! (((hugs)))
    Becca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I typed a post just now and failed to save it. :grumble: I hope everyone has a good day today. :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, at one time we gardened several acres but then decided that traveling was more important. Now we live in a house with almost no yard. Even so, we have moments when we ask each other about planting a small vegetable garden and then realize that we don't want to do the work, we're just having fond memories of the days when we loved growing vegetables.

:)CJ, I love the garden gloves....I am so thrifty that I won't let myself get new ones until my old ones can't be used any more.

<3Anne, if a holiday has been one that you celebrated with the partner that you're separated from, it can be a huge challenge....congrats to you for doing so well.

:):)Pip, I love the picture of Kirby and the picture of the bikes, but where is the picture of the food?

:) Our Subaru has a feature that you can program to push a button on the rear-view mirror in the car to open the garage door. Today Jake and I worked together to program it and we succeeded with not a single cranky word said. :)

<3 Barbie
  • Annr
    Options
    Barbie~ Woot......with no cranky words! I can appreciate that. My husband taught me how to drive a couple of years ago. There was only a couple instances where I cried and made him drive home, but otherwise he taught me just fine!
    Becca
    a new driver in
    Oregon
    (beware of the little green car in the Astoria/Seaside area)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Dbarbiecat- I forgot
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Have a good summer Mary! We look forward to getting you back in August, healthy and even stronger than you are now.

I've been MIA for a while because of some virus or other. Nothing serious; it just made me confused, lethargic and apathetic. I'm recovering though I still feel as if my head is stuffed with cotton.
    /Penny

Wow, is that a virus? I just thot it was in my personality :) Seriously, we missed you and I've been wondering if all was ok. Glad your and back and feeling better.

Janetr OKC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Dbarbiecat- I forgot

LOL---you just thought of the important things---hubby and bikes
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    happy keister to all who celebrate!

morning peeps

we are going to ride (1st time will be on my new bike) to johnny's dock here in tacoma for sunday brunch. gotta make sure i don't do too many mimosas's cuz i gotta ride back. gym won't be open today... booboo, just looked outside, it's windy!!! 15mph!!! uhhhhh did i tell u how much i hate riding in the wind?

NOPE, you've never mentioned it that I recall.

Janetr
  • Annr
    Options
    Jussilu wrote: »
    Hi ....I'm new to this site. I'll be 65 on Tuesday and this is the year of taking care of me! I'm down 20 and need about 60 more lbs. I hope I did the right thing to find this site again. Lucy from CT

welcome to our little neck in the woods! You can throw all your mental baggage in the whites of the margin here, no worries. I'm a retired chiefs wife hailing from Oregon. Actually it's sunny at the moment, no hail. I have a friend that lives in Taftville, CT. She drives a school bus, and her name is Jodie :-)

Anyway, don't forget to highlight the upper right corner star, (its even with the title listing Women Ages 50 for March 2016) when you click on it, it will turn yellow. Then the next time you wish to visit us, all you have to do is click on the grey star next to the bell and flower thingy (even with the Motivation and support title).

Welcome again!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has had a happy and blessed Easter. So far weather has been wonderful. I think we got into the mid 70's but is supposed to get real stormy this evening, I think anytime soon from the way the sky is looking.

Kim, I have always wondered how those homes, people look like after they have had a makeover. On The biggest loser they do sometimes have previous contestants come back and they look good. One year they had one of the very first contestant and he had gained all and then some of his weight back. they asked him to come back on the show and he said no. He was at peace with what his weight was. Now the house make overs, They spend a lot of money and volunteer work to make those make overs. I would hate from those to go to pot!

We went to Cheddar's today for lunch with the family. We had a table that was almost floor to ceiling windows and these birds were doing 'the dance' over and over again. He was doing quite an exoctic dance then go over to her.

Mary, you will be dearly missed. Look forward to having you back end of summer. Shep will be a beautiful dog by then.

Joyce, Indiana
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,174 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I hope you are having a 4c5xa9zr40y9.gif Still reading! :heart:

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey%5E_%5Egeorgia%5E_%5E3%5E_%5E5%5E_%5EWelcome! Newbies!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

:star: Let your light shine out in the darkness :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

80464089.png

:star::)smiley-happy110.gif:):star:

Irish Terri harp.gif
  • lcottomsvcs
    lcottomsvcs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Penny - Glad you're back! I was beginning to worry. :flowerforyou:

Had a very quiet day, mostly learning Norwegian. :D
    Duck tonight with roasted butternut squash and spinach. Stewed apples and blackcurrants for dessert. We are still using our own blackcurrants from last year!

Don't mind the quiet time because it will be all systems go next week! The weather has been on and off all day. Even hail! Needless to say, I didn't get out into the garden!
    I'm in a bit of a quandary with the veg garden. Other years I couldn't wait to get going with seeds etc, but this year I really can't be bothered. Other things to think about, I guess. Also we are going to be away in June. Harvesting time for a lot of stuff. DH isn't rushing out there either. :'( I might just sow some early salads, root veg, chard etc and go for wild flowers and annuals in the other beds. Anything that requires staking and tying up just feels like too much bother this year.
    I suppose a year off won't hurt me. ;):ohwell:

Love Heather UK
    Hello All, back from 3 days with the DH in Nashville TN. We did a lot of walking, shopping and bar-BQ eating. My husband is crazy about that stuff. Very proud of myself, only went over my calorie count one day, and that was due to a fabulous sparkling wine :)
    Heather, I understand how you feel about the garden. I have always been an avid gardener, but this year I will be traveling so much in the summer that it's not practical to put one out. I am looking forward to the asparagus coming up, thought, we should see it peeking up at any time.

I hope everyone who celebrates had a lovely Easter!

Lora in Indiana