WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    but a lot of mine aren't "dear" anything.... guess that's why i don't use them. lolol

I need to make a cheat sheet!
    LOL= Lots Of Lettuce
    ASAP= As Silly as Putty

Ok what others am I missing!
    Becca
    so ASAP in
    Oregon (its this weather)
    and I'm feelin better

• Annr
    Options
    MILF= Mind in low function.

no that is silly.....

Man In Lost Forest

Ok I have just gone to a Harlequin Romance book
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    how about milf lololol

In my case, its FBXMIL. lol.
  • Annr
    Options
    WAIT...TheRealMsWolf.... that looks like a prescription name. I have a cold, I use FBXMIL and I am better. ... I am not even gonna guess what that stands for. You win friend!! :-)
    Becca
    confused in Oregon.
    hahahaha
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    DrKatie, I miss sunrise services. I don't know if any church in the area do that anymore. I remember in my old church the choir even had a special in that service. The hospital Charlie and I worked for was a Methodist affiliated hospital and we had services for all religious occasions, even sunrise service, and we also had a tremendous choir. Some of the people that were in the choir were part of the local philharmonic, most were just good singers that would eagerly take the opportunity to sing any time we could. At the services of which was mostly attended by visitors we usually sang two songs. At our annual employees banquet where employees who had been there 5, 10, 15, etc got an award we usually did part of a musical. I sure miss those days. Anyway, you brought up a loot of good memories. Those are the best kind!!!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori: I love this, "Carol: If the Stewardship chair is a volunteer, even more reason to get your boss involved. You don’t report to her; and she has no authority over you. Someone has to remind her to swim in her own lane. Chin up. I’ll be praying the perfect full time gig turns up soon." Great advice. :flowerforyou:

Becca: :heart: URA :star:

Our actual anniversary was a few days ago but we went out for dinner tonight and had a lovely celebration meal. We've been married 46 years.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    kimses2 wrote: »

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness
    [/b]I got to practice this today when we went to something that was very important to Jake and not important at all to me. We got there early and ended up standing for an hour and a half before we were able to sit down at the event. The nerve damage in my legs makes standing very painful (I could easily have walked for all that time but standing still was horrible). When Jake asked me how I was doing, I said "fine" and said it with a smile instead of making a cranky face and saying what my insides were screaming "this is stupid and I want to go home" When it was over, we came home and I fixed one of our favorite lunches and all was peaceful.

<3 Barbie

Thanks for this reminder. I certainly have needed it the last couple of days. Jack is very cranky as his mouth is sore because of his new dentures. I feel myself losing my patience and getting up and leaving the room. I need to handle the next couple of weeks with "alacrity". :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Rori - lol sure. Actually he and his sons used to do handyman work part-time years ago. I think the commute might run the cost up a bit. :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Our actual anniversary was a few days ago but we went out for dinner tonight and had a lovely celebration meal. We've been married 46 years.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

Wow, congrats on 46 years. That's a long time and not accomplished nearly often enough these days.

Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Rosie – I am sad for you! You are just a few hours south of me (I’m in the SF bay area) if you need a same time zone ear just pm me and I’ll share my phone number. Are you safe? Is he just a lot of hollering or is he physically abusive? Get out if you are not safe.

Pat – some docs have the opposite recommendations with arthritis, hmmm

Chris – congrats on the dating front! Your DGD is cute!

Mary – wow!!! You take care! And stay away from those darn ticks!!! Love the Chicken comic

Janetr – if you ever want to loan out your DHH (darling handyman husband) I have a guest room!

Heather – glad you are “babying” your DH – sounds like he could use it about now.

Kelly - thinking of you (((((hugs)))))))))

Kimses – you are doing great – a trend setter! You’ll have that office healthy yet –LOL

Margaret – beautiful pictures – you have the greatest outings

Becca – I’m with you – on any of the “makeover” shows, weight, houses, jobs… what is it like 1 year later or more? There was a house in a neighboring town that got made over in one of those shows – and the people who lived there still did not know/or were not motivated to keep it up and in a year it looked like a wreak.. We are learning coping and consistency skills – we’ll be better in a year than most of those …

Larisa – this could be great – and fun! Enjoy!!! I agree with you if the 15lbs is a show stopper he’s not the right guy.

Katiebug And others – a friend loaned me a book, Everyone Communicates few Connect by John C. Maxwell - John is a pastor - I am not churched, but am finding it an interesting book – it talks about talking one and one, small group and audiences… you might find it interesting!!!

My Guess = FBXMIL – favorite brother’s x mother in law???

Tomorrow I am having 6 for dinner, I have a turkey I’ll put on the BBQ everyone is bringing something…so it is pretty easy, and the weather will be good so we’ll eat outside.

Kim from N. California
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Tonya Larsen's step and pump DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone Pilates Walking DVD. Wonder what that's going to be about. Update: Not sure I will be able to get to it

Jess just said that she won't be here this weekend. So that means that I'll need to find room in my freezer for Colby's birthday cake (its an ice cream cake), the lamb I bought for tomorrow along with the marinade for it, plus the pork roast for Vince. grrrr.... Well, it could be worse, at least I'll see her, even if it is eventually. She said that Colby made plans for her birthday which was last week. She wants to meet us tomorrow for dinner at this place in VA. she said it's open but Vince is going to double check,.

sheretaw - welcome to a great bunch of ladies. Of course you're more than welcome to join in.

Kim - I did have Lynette bring me home from the Green Room Thurs since Vince was shooting. I figure with the cakes I made for her to take to her accounting group and the goodies I usually give her, that's the least she can do for me. I've also asked her to bring me home two other days. Many is the time I start to walk home from someplace and then Vince finishes picking me up

Lenora - what a great Easter gift you got!

Looks like I'll be making the things today that I was planning to make tomorrow since we won't be home much tomorrow.

Rosie - I'm so sorry about dh

hris - so happy for you that this date is working out. Cute bunny

First Jess was coming down here. Remember the whole Easter Basket fiasco? Well, this morning she calls to say she isn't coming, so everything I bought goes into the freezer. She wanted to meet tomorrow for dinner at this place about 1/2 way between her and us. Now she just called to say that she is coming. So everything out of the freezer, into the microwave to defrost. She won't get here until around 8. She wants us to hold dinner for her. Talk about stressed! I had put away things that I had (coffee for Colby, water for Shadow), now I need to put them out again.

DJ - our house is only 8 years old and last year we had to replace our faucet

pip - my daughter is talking about this rear release for her bike trainer. What can you tell me about it? We always thought that only the front whell can be quick released, but she was saying how she needs a rear release.

janetr - sometimes I wonder what I'd do without Vince. He's another one who is very handy

Heather - so glad your dh found his wallet!

Enough of the stress eating! After I check in here, I think I'll go work on the beaded banner some more. Had that put away since Jess likes to use that table to put her laptop on, then I had to take everything out, now I'll have to put it all away

kj - my deepest sympathies

Margaret - beautiful flowers!

me: "Vince, we need to go to Krispy Kreme" Him: "do we have to? You have so much baked" Me: "well, what will they have for breakfast". He mentioned the other day that I was low on gas. I mentioned how I'd like for him to take me to exercise Monday. If the car is low on gas, maybe it would be a good idea to buy some, as most places will probably be closed tomorrow. But I doubt he thought that far in advance. grrrr.....

NCCarol - Men!!!! And they saw women are hard to figure out???? That's very nice of you to check up on him. Then again, I wouldn't expect anything different from you.

Shereta - welcome! I use a lot of DVD's also

katla - happy anniversary

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Kim - I'll let Jack know I may be putting him to work soon. We could just travel around in the motor home and he could make enough handyman money to pay lot rent. I could see the entire country and meet all of my dear friends in person. Doesn't that sound like a plan? :)

Janetr OKC
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi! Frankiesgirlis21 is Traci, just to you guys, and no, 21 is not an age or a wanna be age... It is Frankie my beloved hubs.... So I wanted to celebrate today and didn't know how or where..... I have read this thread before and u all seem more familiar and advanced in a lot of stuff than me.... But hey am 51 so here goes.... I bought a Fitbit (Alta) and I think I have the damn thing synced to my phone at least! This is a major step for me... (Total joke for someone glued to dual monitors all day right? But I am clueless I swear!). Exercise is one thing.... This techno crap makes me SWEAT!!!!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    To all my friends, due to the negative affect electronics have on my medicine for my Lymes disease and Anaplasmosis, specifically the cell phone and computer I have decided to pack them away for the next 5 months of my treatment. This means that I will not be logging on here until late August. I will miss everyone very much! I will log back on August 20th after my recheck.

PS I will get 10,000 Kettlebell Swings before the end of the month! Don't ever give up!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Oh, Mary, I am in tears. We will miss you so badly, but that is very selfish of me. You, of course, have to do whatever it takes to get and to stay healthy. Take good care of yourself. My prayers and good thots will be with you. Looking forward to August 20th. <3

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,241 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hasta la vista! Mary!

Har det bra!

A bientot!

Auf Wiedersehn! (sp?)

<3 Heather UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    mary take good care of yourself, your voice will be missed here.

sheretaw welcome and keep logging in and reading as well, it takes a while to get to know everybody, but keep on trying, it is very supportive around here and every little bit helps on this journey.

Okay, put down the peeps and jelly beans, they're for the kids!

Karen from ny
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,717 Member
    Options
    Mary~ we will miss you sweet friend.. take great care of yourself and that beautiful puppy of yours xoxo
    Well here I am up at Faith's Sean(DB) called and woke me up.. He and Jean were going fishing..
    I am still sort of tired from the weekend, and will lay low today.... I am worried that Jean's crazy brother will come down here to visit momma today.. right now I have the door locked..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Easter! Just three of us for Easter dinner today, so instead of the big ham dinner, we are grilling seafood, cauliflower, cabbage, pineapple, portabellos, onion, and bread. Light and easy. Bonus: I will prep and marinate and my son will do the grilling, hubby does clean up. Happy Easter to me, indeed!

Mary- Totally understand the need to unplug; know that you will be missed, SO MUCH! Love and hugs to you as you recover! <3

Keeping it short! I hope this day brings everyone a hope for spring, hope for new beginnings, and the deep breath of fresh air to keep you energized and moving in the right direction!