WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Hoo-boy! Good afternoon and Happy Saturday to all! Slept late and I am suffering the consequences of being off schedule. Sleeping in always feels so good at the time; but woke up with the headache and icky/blah feeling. Moving slow and clumsily. Tylenol-check, coffee-check, walked outside in the sunshine for a quick couple miles-check, feeling good enough to get my day rolling; but I see a nap in my future.
    Mary- I am not going to say sorry for your diagnosis. You have been diagnosed! I look at that as a great starting point! You got this! Here is to your health and complete healing!
    Allie- Your trip sounds wonderful so far! Hope your visits today go well and your last day on the cape is relaxing!
    Welcome Newbies- join in when you can/want! You have probably noticed that some post their work-outs daily, I think most of us come on to touch base and to let go of some stressors in our lives. I think we have all realized that the support from the ladies in this group is priceless!
    I wanted to keep this post upbeat; woke up to sad news that my uncle has passed away. He was in a car accident last week. He on his motorcycle, hit from behind. When they had him at hospital scanning for injury; found he was riddled with cancer. He actually came through the accident pretty well, it was the cancer that took him. He passed at his daughter's home with her beside him. He is now with many of the rest of his siblings and parents, (my father included). My heart is aching. Anger about that awful, *kitten*, cancer. But laughter through tears, as I remember my uncle (newly divorced) frequenting the bar I worked at when I was in my early twenties; all of the single ladies wanted an introduction. He was a good looking guy and quite the charmer.
    Grocery shopping is my next thing. I think I need another walk also. A walk through the dunes to the beach...
    Love and hugs to you all <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    From Macy's Flower show. The theme was regions around the United States.

49bmt1xlc2rc.jpg
    kd4n09s50taa.jpg
    xrapc0zlvq5n.jpg
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I haven't been checking in much since I started the new job. I've been struggling with the adjustment a bit, but this past week was better. I have been pretty good about getting up at 5:15 and working out for 30 minutes before getting ready. Yesterday, I went to the gym at work for 30 minutes on the treadmill instead. That is a real pain in the butt because I have to shower, but I got done what I needed to get done. A new member joined my team that is an avid walker, so we will start walking at lunch next week. Between the early morning weight workout and the walk, I think I'll be on a good track. I'm going to make this work.

I keep thinking about the comments made by this group when I first took this job:
    look at it as a clean slate
    be the one that takes the stairs -- doing that
    eat away from my desk -- doing that
    take breaks -- always take a break by the window in the kitchen in the sunlight
    set the one for being healthy -- in process and now I have a walking buddy to help
    pass by the cake and doughnuts -- bringing Yogurt Smoothies from Stonyfield for those moments.

I'm done with the P90x3 90 day program. Lost about 7 pounds and some inches. I'm going to switch to Chalean Extreme (some name!) because although I adjusted to P90x, I hurt all the time...just never seemed to completely go away. I did get stronger though.

Anyway, will start trying to check in again in the evenings.

Kimses in MA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Northeast:
    o1izulmrzgi9.jpg
    Northwest:
    5q0qx4bigz9t.jpg
    Southwest:
    jfwco6piwmfy.jpg

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Margaret - Thank you for the flowers! Gorgeous! :love:

Today is my lovely DDIL's birthday. I sent her a text - GRATULERER MED DAGEN! :D
    She replied to say she loved the colour of the top I had bought her. (She had told me what she wanted, thank goodness) Tomorrow her two siblings are bringing their children up to her house for an Easter Egg Hunt. The Easter bunny will be knocking on the door. :laugh: Unfortunately the weather could hardly be worse, so they will have to have the hunt indoors. We gave the DGC their chocolates last week as I knew they would be overloaded tomorrow. They loved them. They were large cardboard carrots with small eggs, umbrellas and rabbits inside. They were allowed one chocolate each after dinner. ;) They both chose the umbrellas. Then the carrots went back on the shelf for the next day. :noway: What a gal!

Love Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

Goblet squat-3X7X 25
    Russian kettle bell swing-50 X 10 X 25

Day 26 Challenge Total = 9620

Almost done!

98xkdkfpacgq.jpeg

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oh, Margaret, so very beautiful. I need to get out and around and see if we have anything like that here in OKC. I doubt they would be this impressive tho. I know we do have a nice botanic gardens but have never visited, perhaps I should. :)

I bought three of the round cactus like that home from AZ in February. I'll have to leave them in pots so I can bring them in during the winter. I love them.

I can't remember if I already told you about our plans for next winter's (2017) trip, if I have, please forgive me and skip over. We will spend the month of January in Padagonia AZ, just north of the Mexico border then make our way up to Apache Junction, same place we went this January, for the month of February. We're going to Denver the first of May for my daughter's graduation from college and in early to mid-September we will go to MO to visit Mama S. We'll probably take a few short trips to lakes and fishing areas during the summer. Jack has gotten bitten by the fishing bug. Sigh.

Janetr OKC
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fanny – My sister had acupuncture when she had back problems and swore by it. Lenora

I get acupuncture every few weeks and it is absolutely the best!

Rosie - hugs. Sorry you're going through this difficulty.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Mary - "cracked" me up, no pun intended :)

Janetr OKC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Margaret ... Beautiful flowers! I love how you take time to do things that nature your soul.

Mary and Janetr ... Funny!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Margaret ... Beautiful flowers! I love how you take time to do things that nature your soul.

Mary and Janetr ... Funny!

Margaret ... I typed nurture but was autocorrected to nature ...
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Chris in Massachusetts...I live in Boxford where are you?
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    B)
  • fanncy0626
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Margaret- beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing.

Janetr - pun or no pun Lol!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    margaret we must have just missed each other at macys flower show! We were just there monday picking out a Prom dress for dd, that show was gorgeous, macys featured america the beautiful in all of the displays, fantastic!

kimses so happy that you really embraced positive healthy choices in the new job and u found a walking buddy!

Grateful to be home after a very positive 3 day get away with a purpose. I fit in exercise 2 of the 3 days and chose food wisely for the most part. Now i am taking a much needed nap!

Karen from ny
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog - 35.37min, 143ahr, 158mhr, 6.4-7.8sp. 8.54ap, 1# ankle weights 4mi = 358c
    shoulder stretches= 8min, 2 different stretches, 4 sets of 15, 9min = 20c
    test sprint - 13-14speed on treadmill, (4.7min mi) 11min = total 123c
    total cal 501

was planning on doing 8 mi, but kirby said we had a lot of things to do so i squeezed in 4 mi. i also did some shoulder stretches and after i did that i did something 2c if i was capable of doing it theres this guy that i see every once in awhile that does these sprints on the treadmill for a few seconds each time like 15-30 it looks like but he is going really fast. i was on a machine behind him so i was watching. i noticed that he had that treadmill on a 14 speed, if you can't imagine how fast that is, go to a gym and crank it up that hi and you will see how fast it really is. he jumps on it AT THAT SPEED. after he was done, i talked to him and i told him that one day i'm going to see if i could even get up to that speed, the highest i've gone is to like 11. 14 is a 4.7min mile. when i told kirby i was going to try, i put it at 14 and i was like, "no way can i jump on it running at that speed!" i started at speed 10, then i went up to 13, and i was surprised that i could get that high. then i tried it again and i had kirby move the knob up in speed for me, and i got up to 14! no i wasn't risking an injury, if i felt i couldn't do it, i wouldn't have tried. can't wait to see that guy again to let him know i did it! :0)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Pip- nice workout! Kirby must feel pretty good!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    I am home.. and I am beat.. had an absolutely wonderful time.. but alot of driving at least for me...went to see both Ruth and Ray, stopped to look at the ocean and went and visited Ray he was having breakfast so i hung up his clothes and left.. then stopped at one of the Christmas tree shops, they have alot of beachy stuff and my DSIL is planning a beach wedding.. so took a bunch of pictures of stuff for her to use for decorations.. then we went to visit Ruth..she was in a good mood ,caught her at a good time.. I bought her a drapey shirt...as she is so large (size 4x) that it fit very well on her... I also sewed her muu muu that is almost threadbear in all the spots that needed sewing..
    after we left there we went for lunch, and I over indulged.. had a cup of clam chowder.. and a sandwich called the pilgrim.. I have to say it was the most awesome sandwich I think I have ever had.. only ate 1/2 as the other half will be my easter dinner.. will sleep here tonight and go up to Faith's tomorrow..
    I am grateful to have had the time with them, and with Doris..both Doris and Ray are 85 and Ruth will be 89 in August..
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Wow, Pip, and I think I'm doing good to get it up to 3.5 ha ha ha ha

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Allie, I was watching one of my recorded House Hunters last night. So I know this thing actually exists. The wife in this couple ordered what she called 'the burger' and it had a grilled cheese sandwich on each sides for the bun! Glad you are home. Wish you could have had better weather for your beach walks. Wish you could have taken the big goose home with you and let it squak at Tom!!!!

Pip, you never stop amazing me. No way in the world would I have jumped on a moving treadmill.

Joyce, Indiana