ride hm 2 gym- 10.32min, 16.8amph, 155mhr, 2.9mi = 143c
    spin- 40min, 85ar, 106aw, 11-14g, 131ahr, 155mhr, 16.8mi = 367c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.48min, 12.7mph, 147mhr 1.4mi = 86c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.27min, 10mph, 151mhr, 2.7mi = 160c
    total cal 756
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    SugarDarlin1… - DYS & DDnL#2 live in Vidalia, LA; he works about 15 miles from Clayton as a Wildlife Biologist on a hunting preserve. Place on a lake south of Clayton, LA. DDnL#2 works in Natchez, MS as a cosmetologist. They’ve been married since 5/9/16 and we gained another DGD in the process. They are totally meant for one another. She and DGD can get him to do just about anything. Eating sushi with chopsticks, dancing with DGD on top of a table for “Father’s Day”, bowling, and jumping on a trampoline. I could have never picked out a more suitable DDnL for this son, if I had interviewed 10,000 women. They all like to hunt and fish. We’re hoping for more grandchildren but not pushing it. They are enjoying getting to know one another and doing a lot of ‘fun’ things. Only wish we lived closer to them. We’re in SWGA (Dawson) which is about 25 miles NW of Albany, GA. Live out in the country and love it. Two sons, the one in Louisiana; and, oldest one (father of 3 granddaughters) lives next door. We love the crawfish, frog legs, gumbo, and all types of Cajun Cuisine. Son (and DDnL#2) are great cooks. DOS is also a very good cook.

Wish I had pushed my oldest son to take more than the minimum of Spanish. He is very Hispanic looking (dark skin, hazel eyes, black hair); telling him that he could make good money being an interpreter in Federal Court (where I worked). Several times, one of the appointed attorneys had to translate for everybody. I’m sure it is all from his French grandparents (and my Daddy whose hair was so black it was blue).

Becca – Lamaze breathing comes in handy for a lot of situations. It helps keep your foot from kicking in someone else’s teeth in when they don’t understand what you are trying to tell them and act like you are speaking another language. That’s when I wish I knew more than ‘one’ sign … in sign language. But, I can ‘act’ like I know it. Makes my DGDs 'laugh' when I do.

My Mother was a HS English/Grammar/Lit teacher (loved reading). I was her ‘problem’ child. I can write the longest run-on sentences in the world. Especially if I am upset. I probably use commas way too often. My Daddy told her that since he had told her (after a bad wreck) that she could not go back to teaching that she could be his secretary after he interviewed one and asked her to write a sentence with the words, ‘sight’, ‘site’, and ‘cite’ in them … none were correct. After my Mother saw it, she had no problem being his secretary. 'Sight' – eyes; ‘site’ – location; and ‘cite’ – reference. English is the hardest language to learn correctly; although I am not so sure since I don’t do well on that Duolingo site. Wish I had taken a foreign language in HS; but, did not like the teacher; so, when I dropped out of Trig I decided to take typing (I could always get a job with that). Now that I have admitted that; people are going to probably double-check my proof-reading, which I don’t do all the time. LOL!

I wear the same thing to my weigh-in, no jewelry (other than wedding rings), have to take off my shoes and socks for the scale to work anyway; but, do this whenever I go to any MD, especially my GYN. Last time I saw him I made the comment, ‘you’re just NOT going to say anything, are you’? He asked, ‘oh, about your weight? … I was telling Nancy … “HEY, Bill, I’m the patient, you need to make sure you tell your patients that you see their weight loss; you did when I was significantly overweight. Besides, you are the one who ordered me into this program to lose in the first place.” When I got ready to leave, he said, ‘you're doing great’. This was the day he had to put a catheter in my bladder to empty it. I said, ‘what, that I did not scream and curse hysterically while you were doing the procedure and scare off your other patients’? “No, your weight … you’re doing great!” This from a man of few words.

Kim – When my parents and all of us moved into what we referred to as ‘the big house’ the lady next door had a yard full of daffodils. With paths meandering throughout them. They covered her back yard. I decided one day to pick some that were at the edge of our yard for my Mother. I told my Mother that 'the girl next door said I could pick any, any time I wanted'. She made me go over and apologize to her. She told my Mother that I could pick as many as I wanted to, any time; other than certain ones. She walked me around the yard and showed me the ones that I was forbidden to pick. Later that day she brought over some yeast rolls. She was my friend, ‘that “girl” next door’. She was nearing 90 or more when we moved there. Her bedroom was in the sunroom and she had pictures hanging on the walls that looked as if the walls were covered in Kraft paper. Her only child (a grown son) lived in San Francisco when the ‘big earthquake’ stuck and they never heard from him again, they figured he was killed. I love the tulips … they just don’t stay in bloom for very long. I love just about any kind of flower from a bulb.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    Hello all: I have been reading but not having time to post. Finally saw doctor today, still have inflammation in lungs although I have been on prednisone for 6 days now. Will continue with prednisone taper and then see him again in 4 months. He wants to monitor with treatment as we have been doing it for a while and then consider a medication change, either continuous prednisone at a low dose or methotrexate.

I finally hit 8000 steps again yesterday after barely being able to do 4000 for a few days. Makes me happy! I have been doing well on food but appetite currently suppressed due to breathing difficulties,

CJ - I would love help with barn chores. How do you like shedding out muddy horses? The girls(three mares) are currently arguing off and on all day. Must be spring.

Kimses - Continued good luck with the new job.

Heather - Gorgeous DGD. No wonder you are so proud.

Barbie - Hope you really enjoy that new dishwasher.

KJL - Have you done indoor skydiving? My DS and DGD tried this and both enjoyed it.

Meg - Glad to see you back on here again.

Beautiful out just now and supposed to be nice for the next few days. I'll take it!!!

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Kim, the flowers are amazing.

Karen, don't I know it? I'm 500 calories under goal today, and no desire to eat. Not my chosen way to diet, though.

Stats for today:
    Kleenex pulls, 1/2 box
    cough drops, at least 1/2 a dozen
    2 naps

• tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Kim the flower pictures were so beautiful.

Thanks to all who had encouraging words as usual you life my spirit.

Barbie great news on the dishwasher and always you are an inspiration to me.

Lenora so glad your back. Love seeing your smiling profile pic.

Sue happy the steps are ip. My lung has collapsed twice. It takes awhile for them to heal. Hang in there.

Kirsten as always thanks for being my friend. Your support means the world to me.

Drkatiebug hope you feel better soon.

Welcome new members think you are going to love it here.

Hugs to all of you wonderful ladies.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • SugarDarlin1959
    SugarDarlin1959 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Grits, I grew up fishing in the bar pits of the MS River, the Old River, Lake St John, Lake Concordia. (For those that don't know: bar pits is really short for borrowed pits, the dirt from those pits was used to build the levis) I have friends in Vidalia and family in Natchez. My folks worked at IP. When we lived in LA we would travel through Clayton. I love cooking cajun dishes.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of deep water aerobics today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Gilad's Ultimate Body Sculpt DVD

After the deep water class went to Bi-Lo for things on sale, then to the Humane Society to drop off our aluminum. Then started putting more Wet & Forget on the deck, helped Vince start to take the leaves out of the pool, then finished another bottle of the Wet & Forget (I've done about 1/2 the deck so far), went to ceramics and finished my worm and started on the dolphin

Joyce - you are brave to watch Charlie's procedure. Glad he's doing so well.

Lenora - this 6 months of no driving really stinks. Well, one month down, 5 to go. I must say, I feel really good on the lamictal. And I do have the cleanest car in Newton.....lol I'm planning to clean the shelves in my oven, power wash the driveway, and a few other things so hopefully that'll help make the time go by faster. I must say, Vince has been great. I know how he hates to get up early in the a.m., so I only ask him to take me to 6 exercise classes a month. The extreme pump every Monday at 9 and the deep water twice a month at 8:30. It's helping me keeping in touch with friends. That is important to me. I need other people

Lillian - good luck at the doc's. Tell us what he says

Welcome everyone new!

Don't know why, but when I got home from ceramics I was starving hungry. Just had a bowl of cereal and then I'll have some of the tofu/cocoa. That's already factored into my daily calories

SugarDarlin - great goals!

For the March board meeting with the Newcomers, it is a meeting for the old Board and the new Board. We're going to this restaurant. I saw their menu while at ceramics and have decided that I'm going to have the veggie wrap. Of course, that is a few weeks away

Tomorrow they will install the new part for the pump for the pool. I think I told you that when we got back from FL we found that the pump was out. A new pump costs around $1,000. Vince wrote to the company and evidentally they have a problem with this part. So even tho it is out of warranty, the company is sending us the part free of charge. We only have to pay to have it installed, which should be around $100. So we're going to go for that...natch.

pip - happy anniversary. I must say, you've done fantastic

drkatiebug - feel better fast

Meg - what does Benny take for the seizure? Loki takes phenobarbitol and zonisamide.

Becca - what a wonderful hubby you have there

kim - beautiful flowers

Michele in NC
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Heather - those pics of the kids holding Bea are precious.

Kim - I love the flowers

Anne - <3 Thank you for being my friend. The support goes both ways.
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Allergies have reared their ugly little head! One downside to living in the desert is that "seasonal" can come very early. Acupuncture opened my sinuses for awhile, but I'm stuffy again and sleepy - that's the part I dislike the most.

I had a personal NSV that will probably sound like a problem, but it makes me happy! I've been really working the squats and lunges and other lower body exercises to try to get my butt back. It disappeared after I had my twins, stolen right from under me, lol. Anyway, I noticed today when I put my jeans on, that they felt tight across the backside! Yippee! the work is paying off!

Kristan
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Connie- it would be fun to have a workout partner! Quite a few of the ladies on here are doing strength training and weightlifting. It's nice to have someone that actually teaches like you do to give us some tips if we need advice.

Heather- your grandchildren are adorable! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures!

Kim- awesome pictures! Very beautiful garden!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, great work on being able to work outside that much. Amazing how we all keep growing isn’t it? Glad that beautiful girl made it home. When do you see her??

Katla, glad you are getting to switch to the once a week meds. That is bad enough.

HomeatDWD, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us a bit more about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called. A location is great also, general or specific.

Larisa, nice pets. And even us dog lovers like cats and birds too.

Sylvia, I’ll be anxious to see what the vote is on the autistic kid that wants in the co-op. Is his mother just going to pay his monthly rent for him? I can’t imagine he sells any art.

CJ, if I had any desire to try muscles (which I don’t) I would find a friend that eats them and try one of theirs first. Lol I don’t eat seafood other than fish so I’m not interested.

Meg, so sorry to hear about your discs. Wishing you well with whatever is ahead.

Barbie, congrats on the new dishwasher.

Larisa, congrats on your breakthrough. It’s great when things come together and the results are such fun. Some of us have discovered collar bones that we had forgotten we had.

Yvonne, I know what you mean about being behind. Two days ago I was caught up and now I’m about 150 posts behind. Reading fast and making few comments.

Joyce, glad Charlie is doing well.

Heather, please don’t stop posting pictures of that beautiful Bea.

TIA, welcome. This is a great place for support and I’m sure some of these ladies can give you helpful information. Come often.

Coffee, welcome to you as well. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. We don’t do diets either, just a lifestyle modification for healthy eating and lifestyle.

Kay, sorry you are sick. Wishing you a speedy recovery. When you Googled BigBreasts I’ll bet you got your eyes full. ROFL

welcome.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I don’t know how I got so far behind but I’m just to the bottom of page 49. I have a busy day tomorrow with errands with DH in the morning and a Board Meeting in the afternoon. I’d love to go out for St Patty’s Day tomorrow night but don’t think DH will be up for it. I’m off to bed now and I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I got to choir practice early tonight so I sat out in the lobby by myself. Sneezed my head off. Sniffing, blowing my nose. Continued until i got home and now it is all dry as a bucket here at home. So am I allergic to my church????? I was the only one sitting in the lobby so it wasn't anyone I was sitting next to. And everyone else had been downstairs for Wednesday supper and Bible study for 2 hours. Weird. Comfortable now. Tomorrow I see the doctor for 2 possible root canals! Fun time in Evansville tomorrow!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn - I'm sorry but I had to laugh thru your post about you and the DGkids. When my two youngest DGDs come over I have to have time before they get here to prepare for their visit - scissors and knives away from the counter edges, medications out of reach, markers and pens put away. I've read that you should get on your hands and knees so you're at their eye level to see what needs to be safely away but if I got on my hands and knees I'd still be there! Sounds like you are doing an awesome job with them. You must have the patience of a Saint! I bet your DGkids will remember their time at Gma's for a long time. group-hugging-smiley-emoticon.gifgroup-hugging-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn - Wonderful job! Be very proud of yourself!

Kim - Gorgeous tulips! What a show. Our crocuses are looking good at the moment. <3

Off to London today! <3<3<3<3<3

Heather UK
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Happy St Patrick's Day! You are all such a fabulous group of women! I have trouble keeping up, my phone just doesn't do well trying to get through the thread but I find inspiration and joy every time I do read through a few pages. I'm doing three 30 day challenges, but modified for myself because of iinjuries/weak areas (back surgery and ruptured Achilles tendon) hoping to do them as written when I repeat them :) Arms, squat, and dumb Bells, lots of soreness but I believe in earning my results the old fashioned way. I joined the spring challenge/amazing race group. I love the various road blocks, nutritional, and accountability challenges - eating colors this week, eat a food from each color group each day. Fun and interesting.
    Mason jar update - really enjoying the ease of getting a healthy breakfast quick. Did Irish steel cut oats, pineapple and blueberry with coconut milk, delicious! My Fitbit is pushing me to get my steps in and be active instead of just collapsing on the couch after work. Logging my food in MFP is making me more conscious of exactly what ( and how much) I put in my mouth. Reading everyone's tips, tricks, struggles and accomplishments, keeps me inspired. Thank you! I hope everyone is doing well in their own weight loss/ health journey!
    ~jazzypdx in Oregon