WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• Deborah2412
    Deborah2412 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Loved reading all the post here. I'm 54 and have just started this journey to lose weight. There are so many things I want to do but weight is holding me back. I just wanted to say thank you for this group and all the encouragement here. What a sex bunch of people you all are. Wishing you all the best. :)<3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Larisa - I love going diving in the ocean. So much to see; I don't do 'night diving' although so much to see; afraid Jaws would sneak up on me in the dark behind a big flashlight. Did a couple of wall dives where all the divers are hanging on to a rope; first time got my mask kicked off; and came up too fast and by the time the boat operator could get to me had the worst nose bleed I have ever had. The next year I made sure that I was one of the 1st down the rope. WOW! Huge fish swimming up and down. Once went and it started storming and surprisingly, we were told to get in the water and stay down until it blew over. Dive master would come get us. That always seemed so strange to me because I thought salt water was a conductor; boat was rocking so bad, took a lot of effort to stay in one place because the sea weed and coral were blowing over because of the wind. Haven't gone in years. I'd like t go parasailing. However, no interest in parachute jumping; why would anybody want to jump out of a perfectly good plane? Not me. One of my bosses was a paratrooper and he says after the first time, it was fun. I'm not so sure I would be comfortable with someone folding the chute so that it would deploy; maybe attached to an instructor would help. I used to think it would be fun to go up in a hot balloon; but, no real control over them, so I have never done that.

DYS and DDnL#2 went to Hawaii on their honeymoon (gift from one of her customers who owned a 4-bedroom condo there). He also made sure they had a rental car to use as part of the gift. One of his bosses made arrangements for them to go deep sea fishing as well. They did a zip line and for Christmas gave their daughter a zip line of her own. Said he was going to build a deck for her to jump off and another one for her to go to. I think they really bought it for themselves. LOL! Sister and BnL have done it, too - says it is a lot of fun.

Happy St. Paddy' Day to all of you. Tuesday is my 65th birthday - I sure hope I have lost some weight. I've been walking 45 minutes around the land at a moderate clip with Cracker. She loves running after the birds on the ground. Not sure what she'd do with them if she caught them. Came inside and crashed, first on the floor and then moved to her bed.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :)kimses, when people say things like "You're being so good" or "Don't you allow yourself any treats?", I tell them that my life depends on my eating according to my plan. Sometimes I show them my "before" picture that I keep in my wallet.

:)Katla, I had to guess about my beginning date and do my own arithmetic about how long I thought I'd been on MFP....I guessed a few days too high and they corrected me to the actual number.

:) We did some line dances this morning to Irish songs along with our usual dances. A few people wore green, but most didn't.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif The dogs are at the groomer now and Bernie, Jake, and I miss them.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I know my start date was October 15. MFP says it was 2012. I'm going to put it into notes where I can find them again just in case I ever need to reset. :bigsmile:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lisa, yes for sure that mind set does not just disappear, unfortunately. I tell people "they can cut out part of your stomach, but they can't cut out the addiction".

Marcelyn - lol I understand you saying it encouraged you. It DOES happen to us or we would be thin in the first place if not for an eating problem. I try to own up to it here so that I get it out in the open instead of thinking I can "hide" it, then I'm better able to move on and put it behind me. Part of the problem was I weighed myself and measured and I was up 4 lbs and no change in measurement. On the other had I'm doing weight resistance training three days a week for the first time in my life and I've only been doing it for about three weeks.

Thanks guys

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Loved reading all the post here. I'm 54 and have just started this journey to lose weight. There are so many things I want to do but weight is holding me back. I just wanted to say thank you for this group and all the encouragement here. What a sex bunch of people you all are. Wishing you all the best. :)<3

Welcome, and thanks I think. Ummm.....is a "sex bunch of people" good or bad? lol

Janetr OKC
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Larisa- Soul Sister! Have you done any flying? So far my flying is limited to parasailing a couple of times and any roller coaster that will hang me or zoom me around in flight position. I would love to sky dive at least once. But the base jumping with the wing suits just fascinates me. I really think it is top on my Bucket list.
    Yes! I want to skydive. I would like to get certified so I can go without being strapped to an instructor. And I really want to hang glide! I'd be up for base jumping, too. And I signed up for a diving class at the local pool, haha. :lol:
    I would say the closest I've been so far, was in small planes, and zip lining on this really great course in Idaho--we got up to an estimated 45-50 mph on this line. os0jykqwy0kj.jpg

Sorry for not responding to all the other lovely comments individually; there are so many people here, and you all seem GREAT! I'm still sticking to "bite sized' interactions for now, but I'm LOVING this group. <3

Larisa in Seattle
    I'm with you Larisa!! I went skydiving for my 50th birthday and absolutely loved it. If $$ weren't an issue I'd be going all the time and getting my certification to go solo. I did have the cutest man strapped to my back though so it was all good. Zip linned in Alaska, fun but not as good as the dive. Would love to fly in a glider. Love how peaceful and quite it is up there.

Chris in MA
    Happy St. Patty's Day!!

• TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

KJLaMore - What's the challenge? I'd love to join you. Do you use weights?

Grits - You can't go wrong with squats - they're on every butt workout I've ever seen. Lunges are also good and pelvic lifts (I think that's what they're called.) I follow Diary of a Fit Mommy and she has lots of good exercises for all body parts.

DJ and Yvonne - Thanks!

Kristan
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Welcome, and thanks I think. Ummm.....is a "sex bunch of people" good or bad? lol

Janetr OKC

ROFLMAO
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Larisa, You are my soul sister!!!!! I would add to that list parachuting, deep sea diving and going up in a space shuttle. I am sure if I thought about it, I could think of some more.

Janetr, I have been there and it doesn't make one feel nice at all. But you will pick yourself back up. Why do I know that? Because you have done it and we are all deathly afraid of Katla boots!

Had my appointment with the endotontist. ((((((Spelling?))))))) Anyway, he took pictures and did his usual tapping around, putting whatever they put that is cold on my tooth. What it is is that there is a tiny hairline fracture in the root and it has made the surrounding bone erode and there is a bone void. So yes, I have a void in my head. He said there is nothing he can do, just wait until it is time to have the tooth pulled. Could be years from now. He also tested the tooth next since he didn't see anything wrong with it. It tested negative to the cold test so he took some sort of device and put an electrical or some kind of charge and I about jumped out of the comfy chair. So that meant that the nerve was intact. He saw that I usually bite on my right side and encouraged me to eat at least soft things on my left side. So he shaved down one of my teeth a little. Best part was when he said no charge for anything!

So with the gorgeous weather and good appointment it is a good day!!!!! Leftovers for tonight so my supper is already cooked.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    janetr - sex is ALWAYS good, even a sex bunch or a bunch of sex
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    did skydiving when I turned 50 along with my 1st tattoo :0)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,791 Member
    Options
    has anyone heard from Sylvia? didn't go to the gym and ate bad today :neutral: tomorrow another day..
    our gym doesnt have a pool, so will have to find another method of cardio....
    I am reading all sorts of stuff now saying eating cheese is like being addicted to heroin,it is that addictive,and that stevia stops your monthly cycle, which I dont get anymore.. but it is bad for you...
    here comes nasty weather and guess what we are supposed to be getting a Nor Easter Sunday night~Dam# really 5-8 inches.. and thought that was all over
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Kristen - I'll try your suggestions. I'd have to hold on to something to do squats due to a previous broken toe, broken thigh on left side; and a crushed heel and broken ankle on the other. I do good to walk without face-planting myself if I hit rough ground. But, I have been walking 40 minutes a day for the past week.

I made spaghetti for supper tonight and I have tracked every bite that has crossed my lips. The exercise makes me hungrier; but, I don't 'eat back' my exercise calories so I have gone over my caloric intake; but, by no more than 200 calories a few days and most of the time just a little over.

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Joyce wrote - "Janetr, I have been there and it doesn't make one feel nice at all. But you will pick yourself back up. Why do I know that? Because you have done it and we are all deathly afraid of Katla boots!"

Amen sister, I'm not wanting that boot and I don't think I could run fast enough!! :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    janetr - sex is ALWAYS good, even a sex bunch or a bunch of sex

lol gotcha :)

Janetr OKC
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Kristen - I'll try

I made spaghetti for supper tonight and I have tracked every bite that has crossed my lips. The exercise makes me hungrier; but, I don't 'eat back' my exercise calories so I have gone over my caloric intake; but, by no more than 200 calories a few days and most of the time just a little over.

Lenora

Having spaghetti too tonight. Have you tried the 150 calorie per serving pasta tastes the same. I make my own sauce so I can get calories down on that too. Substitute ground turkey and turkey sausage for the meat. No one ever has noticed the difference. Lol.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,334 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Janetr - I've been there too. It's horrible, but one day, even the worst possible day, is not going to do too much damage. If you give it a little thought afterwards you can usually work out what was going on with you. :flowerforyou: That knowledge can help avoid it happening too often. To say never is a bit too hopeful. DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD.

Yvonne - It was me that recommended PRESENCE. :D Worth a try, definitely! There are lots of Utube videos of her talks.

Margaret - good news on your husband. <3

We had the most wonderful time in London today. Beatrice was gorgeous, <3 DGS was on very good form and DGD was an absolute hoot. She definitely has a mind of her own. Three times she put her pyjamas on and off during the day and in the end decided she wanted to eat her tea naked. Will post pics. We spent a lot of time lying on the floor under a blanket, being told to go to sleep and stop talking. They were both fearless in the school playground on the climbing frame, giving me a heart attack!
    We were able to give DS a break so he could have a much needed nap! DDIL is doing well, but was quite uncomfortable by the time we left.

Sylvia - really hope you and your loved ones are ok. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK

aylekqsuajer.jpg

Naked teatime!

9m74r30hufzi.jpg

PS - Forgot to say - They are going to call her Beatrice Heather Molly ..........
    I am totally amazed! <3

• janetr7476
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Heather, beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

So exciting about baby's name. How cool is that?

Janetr okc
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Very beautiful children!!!! Picture perfect, thank you for sharing. I have a picture of my little one washing dishes with her bare butt but with a apron on.

Happy st pats!!!! Yesterday it was the Finn st urao day, he chased the grasshoppers out.

The 18th is st Joseph day, not sure of his thing??

Gayle Minneapolis