WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Heather, such a joy to know your granddaughter will have your name, so sixty years from now, she can tell HER granddaughter how much she loved the grandmother whose name she bears...
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Skydiving, ziplining, ocean diving, tattoos, sex.... I'm suddenly feeling even more positive about being a middle-aged lady. You ladies are good for me. :D (THANKS!)

Larisa in Seattle
  • MightyLolo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    did skydiving when I turned 50 along with my 1st tattoo :0)

ooooh, pics? :wink:

Here's my little one, taken the day after I got it, so there's some weirdness on my skin (the brownish bits)
    Motio ergo sum; I move therefore I am...I copied Descartes's actual handwriting! :smiley:

I have a larger one you pretty much have to be in my swim class, to see. :blush: That was my original tattoo, that I got for my 45th birthday; I wasn't ever going to get a second one, and then this lil' one became important to me. Ya know? :wink:

Larisay7i4p4ik3kil.jpg

• kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I almost threw up just looking at the zip lining picture.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    kimses2 wrote: »
    I almost threw up just looking at the zip lining picture.
    Awwww.
    It was ridiculous. 1600 feet over a 350+ foot drop. Insane! We all said so. And then we did it. :D
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    :-)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: It sounds like your trip to the endodontist was worthwhile and like he is a nice person. Congratulations! Katla boots? I'm not a scary person. IMHO--- Plus I seldom wear boots unless I'm slogging through snow or riding a horse. . . .:noway:

Alison: I like stevia well enough and my monthly cycle was long past before I started using stevia. :wink: On a serious note, I've never heard or read anything that leads me to believe it has negative health consequences. If you know something adverse, I'd like to hear about it. :heart:

I took a zipline ride once. I lived. I don't plan to skydive unless I'm on a plane that is bombed. I doubt I'd live through that & would be praying that the Lord would accept my sorry self.

We have a very pretty, sunshiny day and spent a couple of hours down on the docks getting ready for spring. It felt great. We stopped by a local tavern this afternoon and had a green beer in honor of Saint Patrick's Day. I've never had green beer before & the green food coloring didn't ruin it. I promise I will log the calories. :wink:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Volunteered at the Senior Luncheon today. Four of us from the TOPS group, served and generally moved around like crazy ladies from 10 AM to 1 PM, attending to 72+ Seniors that were hungry. I even juggled some oranges when I wasn't serving food. Fun day, but very tiring. Logged in my carryout I got from the kitchen, (we get paid via a meal). Corned Beef and cabbage, carrots and some baby red potatoes, and a miniscule piece of awesome chocolate cake. Good day! I hope you all got to partake in the St. Patrick's Day festivities. ((hugs))
    Becca
    Oregon
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    rxdiedoctjoi.jpg

This is my first tattoo right after it was done so looks a little rough. Got this after my divorce. I say it stands for someone has to watch my back so it might as well be me because I can count on me.

jud0ebhdtdxa.jpeg

This is what I would like to get next. My reward to myself for becoming healthy. Good food exercise and positivity are going to get me this

Heather the pics are lovely.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day! It is an absolutely beautiful day out, sunny and 60s. I was out with my horse earlier and now my green sweatshirt is covered in red horsehair, but she enjoyed the brushing and the green grass. DD will be in Denver this weekend making arrangements with her best friend for their trip to Scotland and Wales in May. They are planning to go horseback riding in Snowdon. I would like to go up in a hot air balloon but no skydiving for me thanks!

Margaret - Hope things continue to work out with DH. Prayers for your situation with DS.

Kim - Gorgeous flower pictures. Our weeping cherry trees were lovely until we had high winds that blew most of the petals off. Daffodils and hyacinth are still looking good though. It has been fun to see things come up that we had no idea were planted.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Margaret ... Thank you for the update. I'm happy to hear DH is responding to treatment. Will continue to pray for you all. Your serenity and strength amaze me... Please take care with your blood pressure.

Heather ... Naked tea ... Precious. Congrats on the naming!

I got in a tethered balloon once ... Does that count? Nah... I didn't think so ...

Root canal ... I had one done without novocaine ... Dentist said the root was dead ... Dentist said anesthesia wasn't needed ... Dentist was wrong! He then charged insurance for anesthesia ... I reported him for fraud. Obviously will never use him again.

Sylvia?

Janetr ... Glad the binge was just one night!

Beth
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Beth root canal no novocain think that counts. Lol. I want Xanax to even show up. Braver than I am.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.36min, 13amph, 139mhr, 3mi = 101c
    jog- 8.37min, 8.38ap/min mi, 7.0-8.0sp, 134ahr, 180mhr?, 1mi = 100c
    other-physical therapy @ gym- 34min, 8 stretches, 2sets of 10 w/5lb weights = 89c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.42min, 13.2mph, 144mhr 1.4mi = 71c
    ride wk 2 hm- 15MPH WINDS!!!- 57.57min, 10.7amph, 151mhr, 10.3mi = 506c
    total cal 867

did i mention how much i hate riding in the wind?
  • balle1965
    balle1965 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new here. I'm 51 and reached menopause a couple of months ago. Started my weight loss journey in November of 2013 and have lost 90 lbs. But man oh man, the last 20 pounds are being STUBBORN!! So thought I would try this tracking tool to help me stay on track and see any patterns. Will check this board from time to time to see how everyone else is doing.
    Happy St Paddy's Day and good luck with your health and fitness goals for the rest of the week!
    Liz in Southern California
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did 50 minutes of Gilad's Ultimate Body Sculpt DVD today. I thought it would be weights, but it's really cardio. That's not a real big deal. That's one of the problems, the titles of these DVD's can be misleading. Well....the plan for tomorrow is to do a Les Mills cardio DVD.

Kristan - when my sinuses act up, I usually take a Sudafed. That dries me up. One of the downsides is that I get very very dry and usually have to constantly drink. But there are worse things. Another is that for me, I don't sleep a whole lot. But again, that's not a biggie. Good for you with that NSV

DJ - love, love, love your graphics. I always look forward to them, they are so cute

Gloria - a while ago I looked in the mirror and said "what the h*** is that"? I had a roll that I've never had before. And it's not going away. As you know, I'm practically addicted to exercising and I'm pretty careful about what I eat. But it's still there. Bummer

Penny - don't those seeds eventually get old and don't germinate?

Welcome everyone new (that especially includes you, walk2health4)

KJ - keep eating those M&M's (Vince retired from Mars, Inc)

Heather - when we were at ceramics last night, one of the guys brought in these pretzel with chocolate and then a nut on top of it that his wife made. she doesn't want it in her house as she's trying to lose weight (she needs a knee replacement and they won't do it until she loses weight). I have yet to figure out why she makes the things she does. When we go to Mexican train, she always, always brings a dessert. I almost never eat the dessert but usually have something at home and just nibble on things that are there. One reason I didn't have any is because I don't like nuts in things. Don't ask me to explain this, I have no problem with nuts by themselves. But I don't like nuts in cakes/cookies/brownies. So it wasn't a problem at all for me to not have any. The gals who run the place a while ago had a box of chocolates that they were giving out "because I don't want it". So why buy it??? Just because it was on sale after Valentine's day? Just think of the $$$ you'd save by not buying it. That's the way I look at it.

kimses - I get the same saying. Like when we went to Bruster's (ice cream) in FL, I brought an apple with me. Really, I wanted the apple more than I wanted ice cream. But one lady said to me "oh, you're being so good"

Just checked all my cans of Bumble Bee tuna. Fortunately, I don't have any of the ones that are being recalled

Maragaret - Believe it or not, I find that praying while holding my plank seems to make the time go by faster. I'm already in a prayer position (sort of)

pip - kimses' friend wouldn't like me much, either. I don't mind sweating. I admit, when I do I usually take a "wash off the sweat" shower. I find that I don't sweat as much when I do weight training, but I do usually drink about 24oz of water. I also don't sweat when I'm doing yoga or pilates. But I don't mind sweating.

Well, the guy brought the new drive for the pump, only that drive was bad so he has to send it back and get a replacement. Looks like we'll be buying a lot of bleach!!! Finished putting the Wet & Forget on the deck. Now the entire deck is done along with the railing

DJ - would your hubby like to come to Newton to work outside??????

Lenora - what a great boss your son has there! Happy early birthday!

Alison - when we lived in Stroudsburg Vince didn't drain the snowblower until May!

Anne - I've gotten to where I would rather have shirataki noodles than spaghetti. Yes, they took some getting used to. They are more "rubery" than regular spaghetti. But now I prefer them

Heather - what a great tribute to you to have your gd's middle name yours

Did anyone see the comic "Dustin" today? The parents went to an organic bar and had some green beer. The father commented "organic with green food coloring?" The girl responded "no, that's kale".

Becca - I usually volunteer every year for a Christmas fundraiser at this church near here. I'm constantly on my feet. We also get paid with free food. It's chili and I usually don't have much. Never have the cornbread and very seldom any dessert.

Has anyone heard of a star magnolia? What are your thoughts?

Beth - I don't take novacane when I get a filling or a crown, but I did take it the one time I had a root canal (I didn't think it necessary, really).

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla - I think it is DJ who straps on her boot when we need a swift kick, not you. I think Joyce just typed the wrong name. I knew she meant DJ. :)

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Beth - your comment made me laugh. I was so busy beating myself up over it that I never considered it like that. Well, in that case I could include it on my gratitude list, right. Lemonade from lemons. Seriously tho, thank you. You're right and I appreciate the encouragement.

Janetr okc
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm sorry to worry you all. I've been so busy. Hubby and the kids are all on spring break. We kept them a few days while my son and his "wife" were fighting. We are told they have split up for good this time. She went nuts and completely trashed his apartment, dumping big bottles of soda, knocked over a shelving unit with canned goods and bottles of spaghetti sauce, etc. It was a horrible mess. So I helped as much as I could. She was so vicious and abusive that he had to call the police and have her removed. I got the kids out so they missed the worst of it. My son asked me to keep them for a while till things calmed down. He hasn't heard anything from her in a couple of days now, so the kids went home. He had some friends come over and help clean up the mess before they came home.

Today hubby and I went to Joplin to buy a compressor for the studio but Harbor Freight didn't have the one I wanted. Then we went to Best Buy and bought a 40 inch smart tv for our bedroom. We got it all hooked up and I think I'm going to like it. I've already watched an hgtv episode on Netflix. Our cable provider doesn't let us watch hgtv, so this was fun.

Tomorrow hubby and I are going to Kansas City to visit some art galleries. They are having a huge ceramics conference up there this week and there are galleries all over town stuffed with pottery. Our clay group has a show at one of the galleries next to the convention center, so I at least want to see the show that has my own work in it. I didn't get to go to the conference because of all the stuff going on with the family drama, but at least I can go one day.

I'll try to do better posting so you all don't worry. I hope you have a great evening.

Love to you all!

Sylvia

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options