Options
    :)Carol in NC smiley-laughing025.gif
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!! Thanks for sharing.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Wish the talented artist was my daughter, she's not but love her work. Gayle Minneapolis
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I promise I will stop soon, but here is Bea, with her comforter, "Monkey". Don't they look happy together!

h3ij60jt04k0.jpg

Heather, getting excited about tomorrow, in the UK

Keep the pictures coming, they make me smile! She is beautiful, little turn up nose. Gayle Minneapolis
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sugardarlin love your daughter's dog paintings.

Janetr learned as long as baby squirrel is uninjured the mother squirrel will take care of the baby and get it back to the nest. I learned you should not try to feed them.

We had wrens a few years back and I saw the baby outside the nest. It sure wanted to get back to the nest. I learned this is the normal order of things. Once they are out they are not allowed back in. The parents will stay near by and try to help the young bird. I need this lesson for my own children.

:heart: Margaret

Magaret - thanks for the info. He was looking for food but Jack knew not to try to feed him anything. I can identify with you're feelings about your son. Mine is my 22 year old grandson. All we can do is pray for them and guide a s best we can. It's heart breaking at best.

Janetr okc
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Heather - Beautiful picture of Beatrice with her monkey comforter <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gayle - Sorry about the mix up! It was, of course, SugarDarlin I was complimenting on her extremely talented daughter!
    Thank you for the feedback on Bea. DDIL has just emailed me to tell me that the grandchildren picked out Monkey because they wanted her to have a cuddly like theirs. Their cuddlies are VIPS in their house. "Rabbit" is nothing short of an obsession with DGD, but it does mean she can go to sleep anywhere. (In fact there are 3 rabbits for washing purposes ) :D

I bought Bea a sunblocking beach suit for their holiday in Portugal at the end of May. For the DGC, 4 different coloured small cars for having races with us, :D , and some posh foreign snacks for DS. (In case he gets hungry in the night!) DDIL is having the very posh shower gel I was given for Christmas and doubt I will use. Bought a card with 'Born in 2016' on it. I didn't want to get too girly a one - little princess and all pink. :# The cars also I avoided tv brands and anything too aggressive looking. :noway: DGD loved playing our racing game when they stayed with us and I remember doing the same for hours on end with my brother. :bigsmile:

Tomorrow morning we will set the alarm, do our exercises and then be off to catch the train. I will wrap the presents this evening.

Love Heather UK
  • SugarDarlin1959
    SugarDarlin1959 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just sharing:

My meal plan:
    1450 Calories, 30% Fat, 30% Carb, 40%Protein
    200 cal Breakfast
    200 cal Morning Snack
    350 cal Lunch
    200 cal Snack
    350 cal Evening meal
    + 150 cal tv snack

Exercise Goals once tummy is healed:
    weight train 3 days a week 30-45 minutes
    cardio 4 days a week 30 minutes

Body Goals:
    drop 3-4 pants sizes
    gain muscle, lose fat creating a lower BF%

Physical Goals:
    Increase amount of weight lifted
    Increase cardio intensity

Cardio choices:
    Les Mills Combat plus Heavy bag
    Sprints
    Eliptical
    Walking / jogging

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    how exciting Heather~ I have to start researching what to do for my grandaughter's room at grandpa's house, it is painted ,but will have to look for a queen bed set that isn't to girlie for her... maybe a bean bag chair... but first talking my dad into getting a dumpster to clear out the mess that is up there first!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Just sharing:

My meal plan:
    200 cal Breakfast
    200 cal Morning Snack
    350 cal Lunch
    200 cal Snack
    350 cal Evening meal
    + 150 cal tv snack

Body Goals:
    drop 3-4 pants sizes

Physical Goals:

Cardio choices:
    Sprints
    Eliptical
    Walking / jogging

good job!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Cheri: wish I had been able to get my meniscus repaired last year when I ripped it off, but to tell you the truth, it never bothers me now, so I guess all’s well that ends well, right? Meg

I tried to have our daughter do all sorts of non-invasive remedies but she was in constant pain thusly leading to yesterdays surgery. She is fairing well today and will see the surgeon for follow-up this afternoon.

Very windy day here in Chicago!

Cheri
    Currently in Chicago from Fairlawn, oHIo
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Happy Wed!
    I'm taking a lunch break. I declined to go out for Chinese. I also won't eat at my desk. So I'm having my soup and salad alone in the cafe. I've gotten up at 5:15 and did 30 min P90x3 each morning so far, so I'm not going to blow it at lunch !

Next week I'll find a place to walk at lunch time.

Kimses in MA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: I'm happy that Charlie's procedure went well. I hope this will give him a better quality of life. :heart: re: fosamax-- Don't lay down, don't have your coffee, don't eat... I'm shifting to the weekly version of fosamax on Sunday. It has all the same rules, but you only have to do it one day a week instead of every morning. That will be a great improvement. :bigsmile:

Alison: When you're at the gym why don't you use a recumbent bike or spin bike instead of the treadmill. No pounding. Your heels will thank you and cycling is a great way to burn calories. I use the cycles because of my knee. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Providing baby gifts for everyone in your son's family is a great idea! :heart:

soywoman: Welcome to a great group. :flowerforyou:

Carol: I love the video. It is a personal favorite. Thanks for sharing! :bigsmile:

Wendy from TN: Welcome! I am thinking about your cabbage & beef soup, which sounds divine. I find that cabbage has the capacity to "get me" if I have a bit too much and I think some cabbages are stronger than others with a greater effect. :ohwell:

Heather: I envy your ability to visit your son's family so easily. My daughter lives so far away our visits will probably require air travel. Not my favorite due to recycled air that equally distributes germs to everyone on board the flight. :grumble: We were sick for weeks after our air travel to Kentucky at Thanksgiving. On the other hand, there was something going around here at the time and lots of people were sick. I called the doctor's office for support and the advice nurse was the only one still in the office because everyone else had gone home sick. :noway:

We need to go to the bank and look through our safe deposit box today. DD needs a copy of her birth certificate to sign up for health care in Illinois. If we don't have a copy we'll have to order one and that will take extra time. She didn't need this in any previous state where she's lived, and that includes Alaska, Montana & Colorado besides Oregon where she was born. I wonder why her passport wouldn't do the job. In the US, every state is in charge of its own public health regulations. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just noticed my anniversary from being on Mfp is coming up, 3-23-12!

Shows my starting weight was 166
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Just back from the doctor. Tested positive for flu. He gave me and DH a prescription for Tami-flu. Took my first pill.

So much for the flu shot back in the fall. But maybe that's why this seems to be a mild case.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon, Dr. Kay!
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just sharing:

My meal plan:
    200 cal Breakfast
    200 cal Morning Snack
    350 cal Lunch
    200 cal Snack
    350 cal Evening meal
    + 150 cal tv snack

Body Goals:
    drop 3-4 pants sizes

Physical Goals:

Cardio choices:
    Sprints
    Eliptical
    Walking / jogging

Your food intake and workouts are very similar to mine! Good luck!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    soywoman - Do you have access to a swimming pool? Aquatics might be something you could manage with the RA.

drkatiebug - LOL! There are some phrases it's nearly impossible to search on without getting an eyeful.

Carol in NC - Thanks for sharing the "Older Ladies" video! Gave me a grin this morning.

Up too late working again last night. I have a bad, bad case of "wanna go to the beach!"

-Yvonne in TX