WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,374 Member
    Options
    Well, the Skinny Jeans DVD wound up being a really pilates DVD. I probably should have used the recumbant bike, but I didn't know. But that's OK. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the deep water class.

Gloria - I like the show Scandal. Yes, it is Olivia Pope who is the lead actress

Betty - there are times when I'm rushed so I just have to skim, other times I have time to respond to many people

I agree that strategies are the best thing. I knew that I would want to eat when I got home from mahjongg yesterday, so earlier in the day I made the tofu/cocoa blend. When I got home I was starving hungry and if that hadn't been there, I know I would have grabbed a piece of the fudge.

Got the Wet & Forget and started putting that on the railing of the deck and one little bit of the deck. Tomorrow after exercise, I need to go to Bi-Lo for items on sale, then we need to take the aluminum to the Humane Society, then Vince wants to work on getting the leaves out of the pool (maybe this means we'll be opening it soon....I hope...I hope). Depending if there's time, I may put more of the Wet & Forget on the deck. That stuff is awesome! Wish they made something like it that would take red clay out of bricks.

Lenora - do you know that none of my kids have ever had a cavity? And the oldest is 31. the dentist told us that's because when they were little, even before they got their permanent teeth, I gave them fluoride tablets. So when their teeth were formed, they were formed with floride INSIDE of them, unlike Vince & I who get a fluoride treatment on the surface of our teeth. I know that I get tired of the same exercise all the time, that's why I do different DVD's all the time

HomeatWDW - hop in every day!!!

Meg - how in the world do you keep up with all those pills? Loki gets two different ones (one twice/day) and I have enough just keeping up with that.

barbie - happy early birthday. Nice gift

sugardarlin - wow! what a talented daughter you have there

katla - when I was on fosamax, I was able to walk around.

Becca - I'm glad you didn't have to pay for that injection. This happened last year, insurance will pay as soon as they get the correct diagnosis code. I don't know why it isn't used in the first place.

Larisa (I love that name) - so glad we could help. You're doing awesome.

Michele in NC
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    2wiw9r35svs9.jpg

Don't know where she gets that nose from! :laugh:

I think DDIL's parents are still there to help with the other children and DS has the week off. All hands on deck!

Heather UK

Oh to sleep like a baby! Gayle Minneapolis
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I got a little late start to my day. When we got to the swimming pool this morning it was closed for cleaning. So we went out for breakfast instead. Fritter bread French toast, my favorite! So I just finished my first walk and will do my kettle bell swings next.

i79f09wfnocj.jpeg
    9c8ce28lbufy.jpeg

<3

Mary from Minnesota

I dated a guy with the same ears! Gayle Minneapolis
    Options
    Mary - <3

DDIL took this on her arrival home. Good reception so far! You can still see DGD's chicken pox scars. :love:
    Beautiful family!!!!
    Heather UK

3v97acxodzl8.jpg
    6mdhwuofu38t.jpeg

I don't have any pets but I do have 3 granddogs and a daughter who is a talented artist. She stays booked painting people's pets. One of her paintings was featured on the front of a dog mag (top left), her dogs are on the bottom right.

Your daughter painted these, very talented!!!
    Gayle Minneapolis
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    6mdhwuofu38t.jpeg

I don't have any pets but I do have 3 granddogs and a daughter who is a talented artist. She stays booked painting people's pets. One of her paintings was featured on the front of a dog mag (top left), her dogs are on the bottom right.

I am very impressed with your daughter's talent! I have a daughter who is planning to go to art school in the fall when she starts college. Did your daughter study art or just develop her skills on her own?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Lenora - are you talking about his gentle leader? He can stil bite, nip, and bark with that on. It's similar to a horse halter but it does tighten up on his mouth only if he pulls. He definitely can bite I can attest to that and he can eat and drink with it on. I love it because I don't even hold on to the leash. I use two chains wrapped around my waist to keep him at my side so he can't trip me.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I got a little late start to my day. When we got to the swimming pool this morning it was closed for cleaning. So we went out for breakfast instead. Fritter bread French toast, my favorite! So I just finished my first walk and will do my kettle bell swings next.

i79f09wfnocj.jpeg
    9c8ce28lbufy.jpeg

<3

Mary from Minnesota

What a sweet image I'll have as I drift off to sleep. He is just too cute Mary!

Chris in MA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,650 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Gayle- your DD is very talented! You have very cute grandpuppies!

Pip- I love the puppy pictures! They certainly don't stay that way long.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: I am impressed that you have learned to deal with military health insurance. WTG! :flowerforyou:

Joyce: I hope Charlie does will with this surgery. Hugs. :heart:

Gayle: I love the dog art. Your daughter is very talented and has a wonderful sense of humor. :bigsmile:

I found a great book by one of my favorite authors at the library yesterday. The author is Jayne Ann Krentz. The book is Secret Sisters. I plan to go upstairs and read for the next while. Have a great evening.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather- beautiful family picture!

<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,648 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    so I have read everything... just forgot to keep notes!
    but Barbie - I can not tell you how often I think of you each day --- your tag line which I can not quote but basically have it now and forgo what you want or wait and get what you really want... it runs through my head about finances and calories everytime I make a decision... and I don't always pick right but far more often with that quote in my head.

THANK YOU!
    Kim in N. Cal
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pip, your dogs look just as contented as you and Kirby sound. I think they just sense the love that surrounds them.

As far as the Fosamax and not being able to lay down, it can severely erode the esophagus. So, yes, you can be up and around, just don't lay down.

Penny. one of the things I read each night is MSN.com for its news. They also suggest a lot of interesting things to read, some of them may have no consequence but sometimes you find something you want to read. This one was places that no one can visit. One of them was your neck of the woods. You have a seed bank up there???? What is the story of this?

Charlie has full use of his arm now so the block has completely worn off. Because he had Propafal before, he has no remembrance of how the block was done but I worked with the nurse that assisted and she vouched for me that I wouldn't pass out. They used an ultrasound to guide his needle to just the right area to put the block. Interesting. Charlie was in this twilight, could see his eyes fluttering a little but basically asleep. I don't think I will tell him the length of the needle. The Percocet works well for about 3 hours, he can take it every 4. I wish I had thought to ask for a non child proof top so he could open it during the night. He will put a couple on his night stand to take.

Joyce, Indiana

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Joyce- I'm glad that Charlie is progressing well!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,768 Member
    Options
    morning Ladies~
    well here I am at home icing my heels, I guess the pounding on the treadmill has awakened the heel spurs, when I lie down in bed at night it takes me 30-45 minutes to fall asleep because of the pain.I hate missing a day at the gym, but am going to look and see what I can do instead today.. I love seeing 16,000 steps on my Surge.
    I was reading somewhere about Stevia not being good for you either.. I have been using 1/2 packet in my tea every time I have tea..what do you guys use in your hot drinks? I am having my tea with just 1/2 and 1/2 in it..
    Did go down and feed my DFIL yesterday and he had me laughing with some of the stuff he comes out with..
    Not going into work until 1 today so as my podiatrist says ice those heels and stay off your feet.. (ya right like thats gonna happen)
    Heather~ your grandson looks like your son,your older grandaughter must look like DDIL can't really tell with Bea yet..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    Options
    Gayle - your daughter is a top class artist. Wonderful! :flowerforyou:

I'm going off to our mall today. I have a small shopping list of basics, but I also want to get something small for the baby ( she already has piles of clothes) , plus some token thing for the DGC. I might get them some new small cars as we had such fun racing them when they were down with us. We made tunnels and ramps out of cardboard boxes and sellotape. :D
    DDIIL is getting some lightly scented posh shower gel and I will buy something foody for DS. Last baby I got him saffron. All will have prizes! ! ! ! ! ! !

Duck legs tonight with creamed spinach and roasted cauliflower. :D

Love Heather UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    Options
    I promise I will stop soon, but here is Bea, with her comforter, "Monkey". Don't they look happy together!

h3ij60jt04k0.jpg

Heather, getting excited about tomorrow, in the UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,768 Member
    Options
    Just smashing Heather she is just a little Doll xoxo