WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• terwhitcomb
    terwhitcomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcoming posts! You are all a fun and chatty group with some very sweet grand babies!
    Have a great day
    Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,578 Member
    Options
    cute kitty cat, birdy and baby
  • SugarDarlin1959
    SugarDarlin1959 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome HomeatWDW :)
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    trailgirl - Three weeks is a great accomplishment! I've never gone over the cliff of game addiction, but I've marched right up to the edge. I know it is real! Yay you!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather - Beatrice is just so beautiful and the hair is so pretty. Glad they are doing well and got to go home. She will certainly have her hands full for a while and post C-section will need all the help she can get.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Larissa- I love the kiddies and your bird!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Larisa in Seattle - the cats and bird are beautiful. I love cats and would have a houseful if my hubby would allow it. As it is, we have two dogs. Cats are soft and cuddly :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    HomeatWDW wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind if I hop in. I'm 51 and excited to find a group of those in the same age group with similar goals. I'm actually wishing desperately for menopause as I'm in the pre-phase where I'm awash with estrogen and totally off what used to be a like-clockwork schedule. This looks like a great play to hang out (and that baby is adorable!).

Welcome and join right in. Give us a little info about you, your location and some general goals. We're a very active, supportive group of ladies.

Janet OKC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Heather, the baby is BEAUTIFUL. Especially the nose.

Today is another beautiful day here. We are loving this weather. I don't know where I left off, but Sunday we had the kids over for dinner and that was fun. I had ordered new swim suits for the girls and they arrived so they tried them on. They fit nicely and they liked them, so we are keeping them. Hubby is always skeptical about ordering online, but I figure the worst that can happen is that we have to take them back. It was from Kohls, because they have size 18.5 online but only size 16 in the store. Glad that worked out because she really needed a swim suit.

By the way, the cleaning lady I hired for my son's apartment didn't show up. I had given him the money to pay her and now that money is gone and there was no cleaning done, so don't know what to do next. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

We had another co-op meeting yesterday. Apparently the autistic kid is still in the mix. We are having another meeting tonight to jury prospective members and he is coming tonight. One of the other ladies is with me, that he doesn't belong in our group, but the other two are all in favor of taking him. One was a principal and the other has two autistic grandsons, so they have a little different slant on it than we do. But the rest of the members will be voting tonight, not just the four of us who are the "admin" members. I guess if the rest vote for him it's out of my hands. We went over to the building that we will be renting to look at the progress. It's coming along, but I don't think it can possibly be ready by April 1st. That was the date we had planned to move in. The floors are still a mess and there is junk everywhere.

We went to Joplin last night to look for a compressor for my studio. My old one wasn't big enough for my spray guns. So, I guess I found one, but it's big and loud and expensive. I haven't bought it yet. I have to figure out where to put it in the studio first.

Not much else to report. Have a great day everyone.

Sylvia
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Michele NC
    exermom wrote: »
    CJ - Do you know that I've never had mussles? I would probably be willing to give them a try. But for a taste, I'm not crazy about ordering a lot, what if I find that I don't like them?

Trying them for the first time, order them in an Irish themed pub as an appetizer steamed in a white wine with garlic and with the butter sauce on the side. You also should get some really nice toast to dip in the broth created by the mussels. That way you will only get about a dozen and it should be pretty cheap. If you don't like them, not much money would be wasted and perhaps someone else in your party would like to share them with you.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,258 Member
    Options
    Larisa - Gorgeous cats! And I'm loving the budgerigar. My godmother had one called Billy for years and he was the love of her life. I actually wrote a short story about their relationship. <3

Heather UK
  • CSSJ09
    Options
    Janet OKC Awwwwe. So cute.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Thanks ladies for all the sweet comments on Olivia. <3

Janetr OKC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • CSSJ09
    Options
    Irish Terri harp.gif Wonderful, Wonderful.

Pip I could just go to sleep right beside the pups.

Larisa Love the fur and feather family pics and LOVE the names. SO descriptive.

Heather seeing those pictures of Beatrice makes me want one. That hair is great.

MaryBuying a kettlebell today.

Anne It is hard to be alone in a crowded world. Sometimes it helps to look for silence and be with that. I am no good with group meditation so I found an app for my phone called Calm. It has wonderful scenes with sound such as oceans, rainforest, clouds, crackling fires, foggy mountains, etc. It also has different meditations. When I get angry, lonely or stressed, or just before bed, I turn one of them on for 10-30 minutes. It really works.

Too much work to do and have to get the exercise in before a very long meeting this evening.
    I will probably just be able to skim quickly the next couple of days. So if I am not posting, it is because I will need to wait for the weekend to have enough time to catch up.

Stay well.

CJ

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,578 Member
    Options
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Heather...Home from the hospital a day after a C-Section! Wow! I was in the hospital for a week after mine, of course I was in labor for 23 hours before the C-Section. But really, it's major surgery.

Chris in rainy MA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,258 Member
    Options
    Chris - I know! The first baby she was in a long labour (36 hrs) before the C section, but she still more or less discharged herself the next day in the evening. It was a fight which she won. The next two were elective, so not so stressful, but she is one determined young lady and absolutely hates hospitals. Of course she is very organised and we are all scheduled in for shifts. Remember she worked up until the last week :noway: and sold and bought a house in the last two.
    They did take quite a long time sewing her up as there is a lot of scar tissue. :noway:
    I can't imagine how they are coping with all this, but my son is bearing up under the pressure. :bigsmile: Good job he likes a challenge.
    I am inclined to worry because I know how easy it is to overstretch yourself.

Love Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CJ- when you buy your kettle bell make sure that the handle does not have any rough edges. I bought all metal ones from Walmart. And several of them that I didn't buy had very rough edges. Target sells ones that have a coated handle. That however has been known to peel off and then is no good after that. I am so excited for you! You will love the results!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I got a little late start to my day. When we got to the swimming pool this morning it was closed for cleaning. So we went out for breakfast instead. Fritter bread French toast, my favorite! So I just finished my first walk and will do my kettle bell swings next.

i79f09wfnocj.jpeg
    9c8ce28lbufy.jpeg

<3

Mary from Minnesota