WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Heather, your DDIL going home with Olivia the day after a C-Section reminds me of when I had my second son. I, too, went home but it was not voluntarily and it was without ANY backup. The girlfriend of my former husband's best friend had agreed to take care of my 2 year old while I was in the hospital and my former husband was at work. (He begrudgingly took the day of the C-Section off, was with me for the birth and then went FISHING! Should have been a clue...) Anyway, she called me just hours after I had the operation and told me that she had gotten a job offer and would not be able to watch my 2 year old after all. SO I had to get home before my a**hole husband went to work the next morning, to take care of my 2 year old, with a C-section and a newborn in tow. It was tough but I managed. I got my mom to come visit for number 3.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Larisa, love you cats. I can't get my cat to enjoy herself in the mirror. When I was a young girl, we had a pair, male and female, of parakeets. Well they were fertile and we found ourselves with eggs. So when they hatched, the Mom pecked them all to death except one before they hatched. She left one and let it hatch and then ate it. Needless to say we gave away one of them. Bad mommy. Very traumatic experience for a young girl. I don't mind birds. My daughter has had several. When she was working, I had to take care of them and put them to bed. One night I was trying to get it in the cage at the end of the day. So she flew away from me and when I caught her I pulled out her tail feathers! Poor bird, took a long time before she could do a decent fly again.

Pip, as always, love your dogs. Looks like your cute pooch chewed your chair up. What's on the nose of the dog in the last picture?

Charlie's surgery went well. Because his cardiologist wouldn't let him be off his anticoagulant for 10 days, and who would, he couldn't have a general anesthetic. So the anesthesiologist gave him a small amount of Michael Jackson juice to make him in a light twilight stage so he could do a block on his arm. Poor guy, his arm is like he has had a stroke. He finally is able to move his fingers a little bit. Sohe is trying to clean himself with his left hand. But not long after they gave him the block, he soiled his diaper and I had to clean that up. Then as soon as he got home, no it was on our way home, he again soiled it. I'm glad I convinced him to take 3 diapers along. His idea yesterday was to eat a small lunch and nothing after that and then he wouldn't have a MB until this afternoon. Well ulcerative colitis doesn't work like that. It will still pass his mucous in a rather obnoxious way. Sorry TMI.

Heather that baby is just so precious on overload. And so innocent looking. Did you make the blanket she is all wrapped up in?

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,360 Member
    Options
    Mary - <3

DDIL took this on her arrival home. Good reception so far! You can still see DGD's chicken pox scars. :love:

Heather UK

3v97acxodzl8.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,717 Member
    Options
    Fancy- awwwwww
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wow, look at all of those pets! I have five cats, a dog, a horse, two guinea pigs, and a bird here in my menagerie. I'll have to gather photos of everyone, but this is Hagrid, the newest addition to the family. His owner gave him up for adoption recently after an allergic family member moved in. He's 7 years old and full of attitude.

9ojb5i93lvvb.jpg
    9.jpg 39.3K
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Loving all the photos you all are sharing....babies, pups, kitties, bird and a water background!

Went to lunch with DH today and overdid it with fried shrimp and scallops. It was delicious but now I get no dinner and am still 600 calories over my allotted 1200. Tomorrow is a new day! Will try again.

Carol
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Aw Mary, Shep's ears are standing up really perkily now and they're SOOO Perfect! I know we shouldn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good, but that's no reason not to applaud perfect when it happens our way!

Heather's family is looking perfectly happy. More of that, please!
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    HI all. I’m a bit druggy right now; saw the doc. She thinks I had 2-3 bulging and/or herniated discs again. So it’s valium for the muscle spasms, steroids to get the inflammation down quickly, had xrays, having MRI next week, and starting physical therapy tomorrow. I just couldn’t face starting today.

Heather: congrats on the DGD! Darling pic!

Janet: don’t know what the pitbull thread was about, but hubby used to raise them. They are the sweetest dogs ever.

Sugardarlin’: welcome aboard!

DJ: nope, no typo. That’s 123 pills a week and we just added an antibiotic. I’m not kidding when I say all our money goes down his throat wrapped in sliced turkey. Mostly it’s easy, most of them are with both meals. But two are 30 minutes before meals, and one is three times a day. That’s the one that is difficult because I have to leave work early enough to get his pill in by 4:30 (too bad about leaving work early, right?)

Joyce: probably TMI for everyone else, but you are right; nothing smells quite like that!

Mary: sleep better tonight!

Cheri: wish I had been able to get my meniscus repaired last year when I ripped it off, but to tell you the truth, it never bothers me now, so I guess all’s well that ends well, right?

Kim: well I bet that technique is distracting! I’ve used a water hose, but then of course that’s only if they are near one!

Carol: great advice!

Larissa: everyone here has great pics, but yours are the best pet pics I’ve seen in a while. What beauties!

Welcome to the other newbies.

I will have to learn how to post pics so I can show you all my fur babies.
    Well, I’m kinda drooling here (valium, thank you), sO although I have read everything I am about out of energy for responding. More tomorrow. Take care, Meg from overcast Omaha.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    HomeatWDW wrote: »
    Wow, look at all of those pets! I have five cats, a dog, a horse, two guinea pigs, and a bird here in my menagerie. I'll have to gather photos of everyone, but this is Hagrid, the newest addition to the family. His owner gave him up for adoption recently after an allergic family member moved in. He's 7 years old and full of attitude.

9ojb5i93lvvb.jpg

Playcat magazine
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Jmkmom - thx. Windless has a white spot on her nose, is that it?
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather - Beautiful picture of the family. The big brother and big sister look to be well pleased so far. When Beatrice begins to scream, that might change. :) Gorgeous family.

Janetr OKC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    What's going on w/Shep? Teaching him not to nip/bite/bark?

When I gave birth to my 2 sons, I was in the hospital for a week with both; because of complications with my first pregnancy and losing it. My DDnL#1 came home the next day after giving birth; and, then 2 days later she was back in the ER, for blood clots. I think a new mom should spend 2 nights in the hospital so they can make sure they don't have any 'issues'. She can't get pregnant because it would probably kill her if she did. Son had a vasectomy (twice, did not work the first time around); wasn't charged for the 2nd time. Supposedly, less invasive for a man, not sure he would agree with that. LOL!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

GobletSquat- 3x7x25
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 30x15x25, 2x15x30, 2x15x35 = 510

Day 15 Challenge Total = 5,815

This was a killer! I felt like giving up before I was half over. I pushed through and even upped the weight for 4 sets.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. We got some rain and wind last evening and it did not make my furbabies happy. Our meeting last evening was interesting and now I am in charge of scheduling and daily coverage of shifts. So I can deal. My friend Lee is going home from the nursing home tomorrow. I am hopinng it goes well.

Weigh in this morning I was down the same two pounds I gained last week. This has got to stop. So picking myself up and dusting myself off and starting again. Thank each of you for your love and support. I could not do this without you.

Meg--Sorry to hear about your back, but have missed you.

DJ--How terrible about the dog.

Heather--Congrates on the new grand daughter. What a cutie and so much curly hair. Love the family picture, everyone looks so happy.

Janetr--Olivia is so cute.

Beth--I agree the internet can scare you and the last couple times I went to the doctor he told me to stay off the internet and listen to him.

I sure enjoy all the pictures and thank you for sharing. I am all caught up and getting ready to go visit my freind. It has just started rainning and hailing. Take care ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)HomeatWDW, what a beautiful cat...and what fun to have so many animals.

:'(Meg,sorry to hear about the troubles with your back and all the pills for Benny---Brandy takes three pills both morning and evening and gets them in a lump of peanut butter...then the others have to have a treat so Sasha gets a small dog biscuit and Bernie gets some cat treats.

:)Mary,congrats for sticking to your kettle bell swings..you are more than half way to your goal less than half way through the month.

:) Thanks to our credit card, we have a new dishwasher coming next week. The old one is still limping along but has many shortcomings. My birthday is coming up and I normally want no gifts and have no needs or wants, but I told Jake yesterday that I wanted a dishwasher for my birthday so we went out after lunch today and found one that we liked---neither the most nor least expensive in the store.

:) Barbie from chilly NW Washington
  • SugarDarlin1959
    SugarDarlin1959 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    6mdhwuofu38t.jpeg

I don't have any pets but I do have 3 granddogs and a daughter who is a talented artist. She stays booked painting people's pets. One of her paintings was featured on the front of a dog mag (top left), her dogs are on the bottom right.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie Thanks for the encouragement! It is a lot more difficult than the numbers reflect.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I AM ALIVE
    two days down and six to go
    I WILL SURVIVE

I don't think moving will be a problem but food.... sheesh I'd forgotten how much kids eat, and all the time! They never stop moving so they need the calories. I just have to not join them with snack time. lol
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    CJ~ I have the same app isn't just the bomb.. oh well off to bed..