• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Got this in my email today; thought I'd share:

1. Life's not fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short – enjoy it.

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry, God never blinks.

16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need

42. The best is yet to come.

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."

Lenora
  • navybrat822
    navybrat822 Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What got me motivated was seeing a photo of myself from Christmas. I've been in denial for several years because no one ever brought it up. I'm fortunate to have a husband that loves me heavier or thinner.

I am lucky as heck to have a loving younger (fitter/thin) sister. She is like my life coach. We're best friends and she cares enough about me to help me get on the right track.

The first thing I cut out was my wine drinking. Until I started counting the calories I realized I was turning a blind eye to how much I really consumed. I've limited myself to one glass per week and look at it as a new way of life.

The other motivator is a blog by Susan Street called http://fiftynotfrumpy.blogspot.com

She was in the same boat many of us post-menopausal women are... Overweight and unhappy about her overall health and appearance. I've been following her advise and delved into the "Eat To Live" way of life. I downloaded Dr Fuhrman's book and have lost 18 pounds since January 18th of this year. I walk 5 miles at least five times a week and use my Total Gym to build muscle. I'm 57 and I've never been this motivated to be healthy. I'm inspired by many of you. We can do this!

I have 27# to lose for a total of 45. I never want to look frumpy again
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Kind of day I am having. Not a single healthy thing went in my body today. Only pizza rolls and an entire box girl scout cookies. Don't even want to see what type of fat sugar etc it said I did today.

Well tomorrow is another day. Hopefully I can make it a healthier one.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Thanks for explaining. I had no idea your great grandfather had blue children. :noway: So unusual. Was your grandfather included among the blue offspring? :wink:

Joyce: Happy Birthday! :heart:

Sue from WA: I'm sorry your computer got a virus and glad it is back in good order. :flowerforyou:

Cheri in Falrlawn OH: Good luck to your DH on his job search. :smiley:

We are planning to go sailing with DS and DDIL this weekend, and hope the weather is reasonable. I needed new sailing boots and got some that fit at a reasonable price. These help a person keep from slipping on wet decks. I decided to wash my foul weather clothes--a jacket and pants. The clothes are nylon outside but had a waterproof inner liner that disintegrated in the washing machine. It appears that I will be shopping for new foul weather gear tomorrow. Ick. :grumble:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ended up riding home, it was nice weather.
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.50min, 14amph, 138mhr, 2.9mi = 83c
    rope pull- 5min, 134mhr, midset, lvl7, 90ftpmin, 470ft = 21c
    other- arm machine- 10min, 5min each direction, 36aw, lvl5, 1.60mi = 45c
    other-physical therapy @ gym- 20min, 5 stretches, 2sets of 10 w/5lb weights = 40c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.45min, 12.6amph, 141mhr 1.4mi = 66c
    ride wk 2 hm- 52.58min, 11.4amph, 10mi, 127ahr, 155mhr, 10mi = 477c
    total cal 732
  • pipcd34
    Options
    kimses2 wrote: »
    Hi spirited old farts....lmao!

liked that huh!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Anna – best wishes on surgery!

Drcrisos - no one EVER complains we don’t chat enough!!!

Joyce – Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Behnybaby – welcome

Tracij625 – maybe start with the next meal? Or don’t start dieting just start logging – log everything no matter what, just learning the calorie counts of things - look at it as education, not a diet….

Heather - Happy Mom’s Day!!!!!

Mindy – I’ll private message you about the spode Great job on trimming expenses and generating income, I made some of those hard changes in 2008, and found out how full my life could be without most of the things I cut out, and how many fun free things there are when you start looking for them.

Alison – your schedule would make a teen tired!!!! Take care of you in there somewhere!

Marcelyn – Black Licorice – or a colored vine? I too love black licorice and do have it from time to time – a piece or two is plenty for me, but if (when) I can find Black Licorice Ice Cream I am a goner!!!! I found it in the Wisconsin Dells in about 2000 and ate 4 scoops!

Cheri – glad to hear there are choices for DH

So I painted fence gates today, up and down a ladder for 3 hours, I must have burned some calories, but can’t find it on MFP – I was not going to eat them back, but it is kinda fun for me to see the exercise calories be some big number

Kim from N. California
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Woke up feeling awful today so I did not workout.
    I hope I feel better tomorrow. I hate missing my workouts. I forgot how good it feels to sweat off the weight
    and actually accomplish something for myself.
    Here's to keeping it up!
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    wootwoot! I have an NSV - I saw a pair of pants in my closet that twice I have lost enough weight to fit into. I took them off the hanger and thought "these are not going to fit me yet" but they did! Then I put on a top that I just loved and was the right colors - looked in the mirror and realized I was swimming in it. Took it off for the thrift store and tried on another top that had been too tight and it fit! So today I had a whole new outfit to wear. I am so proud of myself! (but I also want to be humble) Happy dance! happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good night everyone!
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying reading the "Fifty Not Frumpy" blog! Thanks for sharing!

Kate in AL
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Nite Carol - sweet dreams!good-night-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • navybrat822
    navybrat822 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So glad you're enjoying Susan's blog. When you have time look at some of her earliest entries. Very inspiring.
    joanl9 wrote: »
    I am enjoying reading the "Fifty Not Frumpy" blog! Thanks for sharing!

Kate in AL

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Annr wrote: »
    I read in so many health and fitness blogs that "cheat days" are not a good idea. All you end up doing is erasing all your hard work that you've done all week. So, I don't do them. I allow myself a gooey dessert every day instead.

I do not allow myself cheat days. To me its back-pedaling. I am in a support group (TOPS) and every Wednesday after our meeting alot of the ladies go out to eat. I think its kind of hypocritical to preach great eating habits, then have fattening lunches. So, you can imagine they don't really invite me to lunch ever. I equate it to having a pristine checking account, always balanced, then every once in awhile bouncing a check. All it really does is stress you out, and worry about if you are going to balance the account for the rest of the week. For some it works great, but for me it doesn't work.
    Becca
    Oregon

Why don't you go with them one time and show them that they can order healthfully while still eating out?

true...If I wasn't a penny pincher I would. :-) The restaurants they choose are always a bit on the pricey side. Plus, after I help clean up, I am pretty much thinking about all the glorious things I want to cook when I get home!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    drcrisos wrote: »
    I am so impressed by this group of people. I have joined groups that just seem to disappear and no one is on. The motivation, support and encouragement here is awesome, so thank you all!
    I am trying to be consistent in my efforts, with yoga and pilates. Pilates I think is the cruelest thing! So important but kicks my butt. Ugh.
    I will keep at it and hopefully my back will thank me for it.
    Hope you all have a wonderful day and will check back in tomorrow!

glad you like us....*blush*.....

some great quotes:

You are the primary source, you body is the living experience. Trust it, go with it!

Another one I love because it goes against everything we were taught from our mommas:

Eating is designed to ruin you appetite!

Glad you joined our little group...(of like 100 ladies!)
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
    wootwoot! I have an NSV - I saw a pair of pants in my closet that twice I have lost enough weight to fit into. I took them off the hanger and thought "these are not going to fit me yet" but they did! Then I put on a top that I just loved and was the right colors - looked in the mirror and realized I was swimming in it. Took it off for the thrift store and tried on another top that had been too tight and it fit! So today I had a whole new outfit to wear. I am so proud of myself! (but I also want to be humble) Happy dance! happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

YEAYYYYY FOR YOU GLOWORMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Annr
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Annr wrote: »
    I read in so many health and fitness blogs that "cheat days" are not a good idea. All you end up doing is erasing all your hard work that you've done all week. So, I don't do them. I allow myself a gooey dessert every day instead.

I do not allow myself cheat days. To me its back-pedaling. I am in a support group (TOPS) and every Wednesday after our meeting alot of the ladies go out to eat. I think its kind of hypocritical to preach great eating habits, then have fattening lunches. So, you can imagine they don't really invite me to lunch ever. I equate it to having a pristine checking account, always balanced, then every once in awhile bouncing a check. All it really does is stress you out, and worry about if you are going to balance the account for the rest of the week. For some it works great, but for me it doesn't work.
    Becca
    Oregon

I agree, if we have to call it a "cheat day" right there it is sending guilt feelings. This is not a diet, not a destination, it is a life long healthy eating journey. That's not to say I don't have a dessert or something with more carbs once in a while, I do. I do figure it in to my calories, etc. But as you say, Becca, in an entire day you can blow your entire good work for the week. If you feel you are "cheating", you are probably not enjoying it. When I do allow myself a treat, I eat it slowly and absolutely enjoy every bite. :) Just my opinion.

Janetr OKC

I have to disagree on this one. Life is about balance and for me, that means eating healthy most of the time and indulging in something "sinful" occasionally. I don't consume 5,000 calories on a cheat day, but I do have one yummy meal or one drink or one dessert. This does not in any way derail my progress. Instead, it allows me to continue with a healthy lifestyle that meets my physical and emotional needs. I am able to spend valuable time with friends or family without guilt, doing something that culturally (as humans) is bonding. In addition, the trainer that I admire and follow cheats occasionally on her own plan (as do every single one I've known) and she looks amazing. Were I not to cheat (and yes, I like that word because I never wish to be rigid in any aspect of my life) I would not - repeat NOT - be able to sustain a healthy diet.

I have to chime in... I think we all agree that to being on this journey with any degree of success, balance is needed. I think I shall always look at foods with a certain amount of "weighing in the portions, the fats, the sugar", you can't help but be more aware logging your food intake. I think looking at foods with a mindset that "every so often you have to indulge" or eat something "sinful" is a bit like giving yourself a out in committing to this fully. So, lets say I wish something sweet.....well I have Skinny Cow Mint Ice cream bars in the freezer. Lets say I want something salty....well I have the 100 calorie bags of microwavable popcorn. You can have your "vices" and not feel like you are back-pedaling. I think that my being imperfect with food choices is perfectly fine. Actually no one would even notice if each of us had "Cheat Days' unless we pipe it to everyone we see. So maybe its just a way for people to come clean with not being perfect.....ok lets just be human then. Maybe its people telling other people that they need approval to cheat...I don't know. hmmm that is my opinion so don't blast me... lol
    Becca
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good night everyone. Welcome to all the new members.

• GloworminWA
    Options
    Nite Anne sleepy-goodnight-smiley-emoticon.gif Wishing you a more peaceful tomorrow