WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Kristan- Yea! A work out buddy! Starts on April first (no foolin')!

Marcelyn- Omigoodness! I am so glad your daughter and her kids are all fine! So glad your other daughter was still there so that she could stay with the others while you went to the hospital. I BET you are exhausted! Good plan to tire the kids out so they sleep better!

Beth- LOVE your praying to get out of work out strategy! They DO say God works in mysterious ways ;)

Becca and Kristan- There was a point in time when I wanted my nose pierced, but that passed. The nipples and the labia are something that I would never pierce. I can only imagine the pain if something catches... :#

Penny- I love the milk carton! I love the sports graphic and the intended message "Drink your milk so you have the strength to base jump, and survive the fall!" ;) Also, I find it interesting that I do see the "roots" of the Norwegian words, and they make sense to me. I have always found other languages not based in the latin root to be confusing and nonsensical to me. But I can actually read the word for milk, and understand what it is...do you understand that? LOL!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Penny- Ah yes, it's buttermilk.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Since everyone is posting grandchildren pictures. Here are mine. I actually got all 11 of them to look at the camera yesterday. iuyuf80qefwj.jpg
    Ages front row left to right: 4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 4
    Ages back row left to right: 8, 9, 8, 8, 6
    No multiple births, all singles. Yes, my holidays and Sundays are busy. All of them come for lunch on Sunday. They all live within 20 minutes of me! (I am blessed).
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,725 Member
    Options
    you know you are living your life too much in your bike gear or workout gear when there is a day, you are going to be driving your car to the gym and what you had packed when you get out of the shower is a sports bra instead of a regular bra and the usual workout t-shirt, instead of a different top. :0/
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh - Wow! You are truly blessed, even if you are exhausted right now. How wonderful! :love:

For me my grandchildren are such an unexpected pleasure which I feel I do not really deserve. DH feels the same way, as his own daughters have given him none and he never thought, in his wildest dreams, that he would be so close to my biological grandchildren. They ADORE him. <3

Heather UK
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    you know you are living your life too much in your bike gear or workout gear when there is a day, you are going to be driving your car to the gym and what you had packed when you get out of the shower is a sports bra instead of a regular bra and the usual workout t-shirt, instead of a different top. :0/

What? You mean there are other clothes than workout clothes?
  • yamabachi
    yamabachi Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am new!

When I was in my spry 20's, I hiked the Grand Canyon (all the way down and back) with some friends and ran into a a personal trainer hiking with a client who turned 50 that year. His client wanted to do 50 miles in the Grand Canyon for his 50th. I always thought that was pretty cool. Well, next year I turn 50 myself and have set two less Grand goals: 1) Get back to my college weight 2) Run the local marathon in my city.

Have always been fairly active in my adult life and have run a marathon before, but I have really packed on the pounds in the last 10 years. As they say, you lose weight in the kitchen, and that's something I've been ignoring, quite honestly. I just got back on the bandwagon. Looking for inspiration from you lovely ladies and hoping to give some back in return. :)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies. I am working 6-5:30 today and then off tomorrow as DGD has her first dance competion. I went and had my mammogram done yesterday and was only home a short time with the doctor's office called and said they found something on the left side. So I go back Monday at 1:40 for more test and possible biopsy. Trying real hard not to freak out, but admit I am scared. So of course I want to eat. So far so good. My friend that went home from the nursing home is not doing well. I was afraid it was too soon. I was over to visit yesterday and bought her laundry home and got it done and will take it over after work and take her to Wal-Mart to get what she needs. Keeping busy is the answer.

My DGS who is 6 had his hip surgery yesterday. When I talked to DS last evening they were having some problems with pain control. This morning he called and I got to talk to Michael. He is a happy boy most the time and this morning he sounded so sad. He will be in the hospital 3-4 days and will have the cast on 6-8 weeks. So he can not move much as it is a striker cast with the bar between his legs to keep the hips in line.

We did go see the movie "Mircles from Heaven" and it is a very good movie. I don't think by the end there was a dry eye in the house.

Meg--glad you are feeling better. I know I have 3 heraided disks in my back and the chiropractor keeps me going. I visit once a month and no problems. I refused back surgery and decided to try the chirpractor and so happy I did.
    Joyce--sending prayers and hugs. Know this can not be easy on either one of you.

Heather--Love the pictures of the DGC holding the new baby. They all look so happy. Thanks for sharing. Congrates on the baby's name. I have two DGD with my middle name. Love the outfit for tea, those only kids can be so funny.

Marcelyn--Sounds like you are making great memories with those DGC. How scary, so glad no one was hurt. I know one time I had just picked up my DGD from school and a guy ran the red light and got me. There were lots of witness and his insurance paid well. It happened with DGD was in kindergarden so 2 years ago. a couple months ago they had to write a story about their most horrible day. She wrote about the car hitting us. I thought is was interesting as she never talks about it. Love the pictures of the grandbabies.

Janetr--Hugs!!

Sylvia--Sending hugs and prayers for all of you.

Well ladies thanks for all you do, remember we are not alone and together we can do anything.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Beth, I love your prayer story. I may have to steal admire and acquire it for one of my sermons on prayer.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn ~ Great pic of the grands!

Vicki ~ Prayer said that your visit on Monday has good news (not bad).

Lenora ~ Our families seem to have been having children at the same time. My older brother is the age of your older sis, I'm the age of your middle sis, and, you are only a couple of years younger (the age of my cousin Janet I think).

Carol
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Vicki ... Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow ... I will be praying that Monday's appointment confirms that it is nothing serious.

Kay ... Feel free to steal/admire !

Marcelynh ... Very precious group of grandchildren you have! So glad no one was seriously hurt in the accident!

Beth near Buffalo ... Where, dangit, it's lightly snowing....
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »

What? You mean there are other clothes than workout clothes?

I forget they r there
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Plus there is my zero tolerance about pain, (ever since my 25th anniversary gift to my husband of getting my nipples pierced, nice life story but alas my body kept rejecting the rings).

Becca
    Oregon

I had my bellybutton pierced after my husband left and my body rejected that too. I had never heard of such a thing, but as painful as it was the first time, I decided respecting my body's wishes was most appropriate!

Yep my gold wash over silver titanium rings, well the gold came off, and my body was not happy! I was in so much pain, I went in for a tetanus shot to be on the safe side, and the nurse belittled me saying, "Don't cry from this shot, you got your nipples pierced for gosh sakes"....I almost swung at her, I was so mad. Nice story to tell the grandkids though eh?
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Since everyone is posting grandchildren pictures. Here are mine. I actually got all 11 of them to look at the camera yesterday. iuyuf80qefwj.jpg
    Ages front row left to right: 4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 4
    Ages back row left to right: 8, 9, 8, 8, 6
    No multiple births, all singles. Yes, my holidays and Sundays are busy. All of them come for lunch on Sunday. They all live within 20 minutes of me! (I am blessed).

what a handsome and beautiful bunch! You ARE truly blessed!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    talked to Kirby to ask what distance he may want to do or think he will be able to do for the upcoming MS bike ride... says he thinks he will be able to ride the 60 mile ride.... I hope so, we will see how he progresses by then..

Monday I take him to the hospital at VM in Seattle for his procedure to get his shoulder fixed/worked on. cross your fingers!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for Kirby, Pip, nothing but good thoughts!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katiebug glad to hear you are feeling better.

Penny love the milk carton.

Cheri great quote!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Vicki - thinking of you for Monday. It could be nothing at all and if it is something, it's a very early something. :flowerforyou:
    Pip - Good wishes for Kirby. :flowerforyou:

I'm off to bed in a bit. Night, night all.
    Heather UK
  • dianheist1
    dianheist1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When you arise Have a Blessed Day