Is jumping a good exercise?

124»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    amyr271 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why do you think your belly/boobs wobbling would make them get bigger?

OMG, I wish it worked that way!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, assuming this is even a real question, here are your options:
    1. Eat less, and hope that losing more fat will decrease the areas you are unhappy with. No one can tell you if this will work or not, every body is different.
    2. Exercise more. Pretty much any body will look better if you exercise more. You don't need to exercise for hours to see improvement, but sure it does require effort.
    3. Accept the way you look right now

There are plenty of people here who have fun and enjoy their lives who ALSO watch their diet and fit in exercise. Saying that people who diet or exercise have boring lives is an insult to everyone here trying to help you, because that's what we all are doing. It really isn't difficult. But if you aren't willing to change, there's no advice that will work.

You can do body weight exercises (push ups, pull ups, planks, squats, lunges) for 20-30 minutes, 3 or 4 times a week and see improvement over time. You can eat the same foods you currently eat, just a little less. Or accept how you look and carry on.

I have made my mind.
    Two years of fun and then I will lose weight.

good.

Bye Felecia
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, assuming this is even a real question, here are your options:
    1. Eat less, and hope that losing more fat will decrease the areas you are unhappy with. No one can tell you if this will work or not, every body is different.
    2. Exercise more. Pretty much any body will look better if you exercise more. You don't need to exercise for hours to see improvement, but sure it does require effort.
    3. Accept the way you look right now

There are plenty of people here who have fun and enjoy their lives who ALSO watch their diet and fit in exercise. Saying that people who diet or exercise have boring lives is an insult to everyone here trying to help you, because that's what we all are doing. It really isn't difficult. But if you aren't willing to change, there's no advice that will work.

You can do body weight exercises (push ups, pull ups, planks, squats, lunges) for 20-30 minutes, 3 or 4 times a week and see improvement over time. You can eat the same foods you currently eat, just a little less. Or accept how you look and carry on.

I have made my mind.
    Two years of fun and then I will lose weight.

Enjoy your moobs for the next two years. When you're serious about losing them, come back and we can give you advice.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    They are very active. Swim 2,3 hours a day. Goes to jogging. Have a pathetic life but body looks great.
    This struck me as quite funny. An active lifestyle seems pathetic to you? I'm going to assume you meant "not much fun" versus "pitiable". I love exercise. Love the way my body feels during and after. But you have to set the bar at the right level. Choose activities that are doable (failure is no fun), but push enough that you can become progressively more fit.

And if you ARE a troll, and just playing with us, thanks for the entertainment.

Different people really have different opinions. For me its pathetic. For few reasons.
    *How to find that much time
    *I am still 3 times stronger than any of them. Ok they have more durability but I can lift things thrice as heavy as they can.
    *They are trying that hard to get women and I am not looking to find any relationship with a women yet the women they wants are more in to me.

If this is the case then I'd stay start lifting weights. However, you said you "can't gym". Not sure if that means you don't want to or if you don't have one available. Either way, body weight exercises would benefit you greatly. But, since you've already made up your mind, not much else anyone can say.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Just jumping? I'd say that is a pretty inefficient (and boring) form of exercise. I'd suggest high jumps, incorporate weight and step-up/jump-up on a plate, jumping jacks, jumping rope (weighted), all better options and more efficient. Jumping will NOT make boobs/butt grow - in fact nothing will make your boobs grow and only heavy, structured lifting will make your butt grow. Jumping = cardio = fat loss.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    Please note the following forum guideline:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding,
    JustSomeEm
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.