I feel like giving up.

Options
123457»

Replies

• tjthegreatone
    Options
    You're a young fit woman. You need to sweat more! Use the heart you've been given and work it hard. The endorphin rush alone is worth it. Btw if you do proper squats and lunges your heart rate will shoot up so there is probably a cardio element there. As for cellulite, flabby thighs, etc; you may well be fighting a losing battle against your genetics. Perhaps at some point you'll cut lose and realise that life's too short.
    Me, one day I woke up and realised that no matter how thin I get I'll always have a fat face (and there are no exercises for that :tongue:). Now I work on fitness and like the rush of a good workout.
  • ldilone13354
    ldilone13354 Posts: 125
    Options
    First off you look great! I hope you know that. I have tried the walking thing and its awesome because your still doing more then you use to. However, it wasnt until I started to do the weight training that my clothes started to look better on me and it wasn't until I added some serious cardio that I started to look more toned. I have a long way to go, however i FEEL better and that is was matters the most. Good luck! Try the Jillian Michaels 10 minute leg workout, free on youtube. I think you might like it for what your looking for! By the way, I showed my 19 year old daughter your pic (shes a student cosmetologist and an avid soccer player) and she says your stunning just the way you are!

Awwwwwwww thank you so much! :)
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Download the Nike Fitness App. It's free and you don't need a gym. For some of the workouts, you need a pair of hand weights and/or a medicine ball, but the exercises can be done without them. If I can't do something, I modify.

As for walking, it's great. Don't get discouraged. Add some squats, lunges, whatever (lots of good suggestions), but walking is important. I've always found that when I walked a lot (like when I was a waitress, or when I went to Europe), I lost weight more easily. I wish I could walk/bike more places. I've been thinking that I could make it work - at least around my neighborhood...maybe to get groceries or something. Anyway, something is always better than nothing. Work on changing your lifestyle to a more healthy one and forget the naysayers.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Yes of course. I'm going to the grocery store this Friday and I'm buying everything you mentioned. I love fish so much. Is it bad to fry an egg? I don't really like boiled ones. Eh
    Yes, fried eggs are fine. So is bread, pasta, white rice, and anything else you like. Don't get caught up in the orthorexia that is pushed around here by a bunch of whackjobs who went from one form of unhealthy relationship with food to another unhealthy relationship with food.

Wow really? Going from White Rice to Whole Grain Brown Rice is not moving from one unhealthy relationship with food to another -- I am always amazed at how presumptuous people are on the net.

You assume that because I'm here I had an unhealthy relationship with food all the white YOU are here giving advice to stick with unhealthy foods?? Sheesh.

I'm out.
    White rice bread and pasta are not unhealthy foods. So, no, I am not advising people to stick to unhealthy foods. I am advising them to avoid orthorexia and an unhealthy attitude toward food, such as considering white rice to be 'unhealthy' when in fact it isn't.
  • amonieg
    amonieg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You tube has tons of full length workouts, I have a gym membership but honestly I burn more at home most of the time.
  • evalentino56
    evalentino56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    caloric deficit..find your maintenance..then eat 500 less..most from protein..a gram per pound..carbs about the same with fat low..so a 40/40/20 ratio..adjust deficit as body adjusts..lifting heavy is ideal..but body weight works wonders..go on youtube and look things up..try intermitten fasting as well..it works or follow me on IG @erikv_fit
  • lindadolancroff
    Options
    Don't give up. Of course walking and stretching exercises will help! Any activity will burn calories and the other exercises will tone you. Hang in there.
  • milohansen
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't give up. There is a routine that you can apply to nearly any form of exercise called Tabata. You spend 20 seconds doing as many reps of an exercise that you can, and then rest for 10 seconds. You perform this 8 times for a total of 4 minutes of workout. Try this with squats (no weights required), push ups, sit ups, cruches, etc....Practice your technique first, and then give it a shot. You will be amazed at how much this will attack your quads, and your butt as well. Make no mistake, after your first time performing this mini 4 minute workout, you will be EXTREMELY sore, but push through it. You will only need to do this 3-4 times per week, and within a couple of weeks you will feel and look better! Here is a link to the Tabata timer:

http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

:happy:
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up. Instead, walk (pun intended :o) to your local Walmart and buy Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred workout DVD. It only costs $9.97. You mentioned you already had a set of 5-lb hand weights. That's all you need. That DVD along with eating a calorie deficit for the past month has eliminated 2.75" from my hips/butt and 2.25" from the fattest part of each of my thighs. The video gives a great workout and really works to firm areas that most women struggle with (butt, thighs, arms & abs) It's only a 25 minute workout from start to finish, but you'll sweat like you just ran a marathon! Happy Shredding!