Replies

• JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I wonder how much of my life I've spent on the toilet
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Fake friends are like shadows, always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Fake friends are like shadows, always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour.

You are quite profound this morning!
  • cee134
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

You are quite profound this morning!

Naw. Let's just say the internet is profound this morning. :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

So very true.
  • Free2LiveAgain
    Free2LiveAgain Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If the woodchuck really did chuck as much as he could chuck.... How much wood did he ACTUALLY chuck dammit?!
  • cee134
    Options
    If the woodchuck really did chuck as much as he could chuck.... How much wood did he ACTUALLY chuck dammit?!

700 pounds
  • Free2LiveAgain
    Free2LiveAgain Posts: 966 Member
    Options

700 pounds

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up. Lifetime dilemma solved, whew!
  • cee134
    edited April 2017
    Options

700 pounds

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up. Lifetime dilemma solved, whew!

That's not just an arbitrary number.

About 700 pounds.
    Compared to beavers, groundhogs/woodchucks are not adept at moving timber, although some will chew wood. (At Cornell, woodchucks that gnaw their wooden nest boxes are given scraps of 2-by-4 lumber.) A wildlife biologist once measured the inside volume of a typical woodchuck burrow and estimated that -- if wood filled the hole instead of dirt -- the industrious animal would have chucked about 700 pounds' worth.
  • cee134
    Options
    "What if the fog I am driving through turns me inside-out?"

It happens.

rzx2dautimo6.jpg
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    @Timshel_ what happened to mousepads? why don't people use them anymore?

Optical mice replaced the ball and sensor mice which needed something "grippy" to move the mouse ball on. Optical run on most surfaces, but cannot be too shiny.

And don't we all miss having to remove the ball and clean the rollers/sensors?

I miss the one with the ball on top you moved with your thumb

My wife still uses a trackball....
    0ic8wps0d7ux.png

@Timshel_ what happened to mousepads? why don't people use them anymore?

Optical mice replaced the ball and sensor mice which needed something "grippy" to move the mouse ball on. Optical run on most surfaces, but cannot be too shiny.

And don't we all miss having to remove the ball and clean the rollers/sensors?

I miss the one with the ball on top you moved with your thumb

They still sell those. Supposed to be more ergonomic, but anyone like me who spends 14 hours a day on a computer knows that every input apparatus and device will eventually cause some kinda of physical issue. We aren't meant for this!

I can't use them...they just feel strange to me. I started in the early 80's on an Atari 400 and haven't stopped. I've come to accept that my wrists will always hurt.

trackman-marble-gallery.png

I use this, and have for many many years. Just bought 4 more in case mine breaks and they discontinue the mouse.
  • cee134
    Options
    If you go to Walmart and you don't see any weird people, does that make YOU the weird person?
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I purposefully grow out my toenails, & paint them all purty, and sharpen them. Get out my purty sandals. Get out my leopard print leggings. Backcomb my hair. (A good Peggy Bundy look) Put in a piece of chewing gum, and get a good butt-crack-syndrome thing going on for me....before I go into Walmart. Makes me feel like a celebrity when I shop in there. ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    There is more knowledge accessible in the palm of your hand now than anyone has ever had access to in the history of mankind.

Unless you believe in aliens, cuz aliens.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    If you go to Walmart and you don't see any weird people, does that make YOU the weird person?

Impossible... there are always people weirder than me in Walmart.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    And people think "newdz" are the worst things to share on the internet...? *eyeroll*
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. https://youtu.be/FCcdr4O-3gE
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    The only good thing about being sick... Is nyquil before bed! haha

9a0bdma7cdyq.jpg