Random Thought For the Day

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Life would be a lot more fun without fall damage.
  • cee134
    Options
    In movies, aliens seem so unified as a species. Humans can't even agree on how to write the date.
  • cee134
    Options
    In the Star Wars universe, are there just random lasers zooming around the galaxy (from all of the missed shots from battles in space)?
  • cee134
    Options
    A bowling alley is a pretty bad place to serve finger foods.
  • cee134
    Options
    Tornadoes are probably full of spiders.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    In the Star Wars universe, are there just random lasers zooming around the galaxy (from all of the missed shots from battles in space)?

To a point. They are reduced by the inverse square law over distance. Not sure what the calculation for fall off would be.
  • cee134
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

To a point. They are reduced by the inverse square law over distance. Not sure what the calculation for fall off would be.

Does that work for plasma energy?
    A blaster (including those on space ships) are any type of ranged weapon that fired bolts of intense plasma energy, often mistaken as lasers. Operating under the same principles as laser weaponry, blasters converted energy-rich gas to a glowing particle beam that could melt through targets.
  • Timshel_
    Options

A blaster (including those on space ships) are any type of ranged weapon that fired bolts of intense plasma energy, often mistaken as lasers. Operating under the same principles as laser weaponry, blasters converted energy-rich gas to a glowing particle beam that could melt through targets.

I dunno. I assume all condensed energy that is put in a linear motion would have a degraded effect. It is not condensing like when planets spin, so there would be fall off.
  • cee134
    Options

I dunno. I assume all condensed energy that is put in a linear motion would have a degraded effect. It is not condensing like when planets spin, so there would be fall off.

That's what I'm wondering. Is it considered a solid object? My understanding is in space, solid objects fly forever unless they run into something or a strong gravitational pull affects them.
  • Timshel_
    Options

That's what I'm wondering. Is it considered a solid object? My understanding is in space, solid objects fly forever unless they run into something or a strong gravitational pull affects them.

Solar wind is plasma, if I am not mistaken, and it dissipates or is subject to the same inertia/gravity effects and energy has, so I think it would be subject to inverse square law. And now I have to go look this up....
  • cee134
    Options
    Luke Skywalker joined the Rebellion because he saw a 10 second video and thought his sister was hot.
  • cee134
    Options
    The difference between being sad and depression is sort of like the difference between the weather and climate.
  • cee134
    Options
    Even though it’s sometimes appropriate, typing ‘that that’ back to back never feels right.
  • notthistime_
    notthistime_ Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The same for do do
  • cee134
    Options
    People would buy anything for $0.99, as long as it's not a mobile app.
  • cee134
    Options
    Egypt should just start building pyramids again..just for fun.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Cooked plum tomatoes look rather unappetising.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Blessed Winter Solstice, brothers and sisters.