SPRING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE BEGINS TODAY....yes, this is another continuation!

Options

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    March 3 through May 3 is two months, right? But the challenge said three?

Sorry - math nerd here.

Do we post here or is there a group?
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My WHY is to be healthier for the long term and have a more toned body which will happen through weight loss and exercise.
  • DaisiesandViolets
    DaisiesandViolets Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes! I'm in! I was starting to lose focus, so this is exactly what I need.

My "why" is that I am changing my relationship with food, and I am proving to myself that I am not powerless. Every day that I meet my calorie goal I am making a choice, same with every time I have a 3500 calorie binge day. No good foods, no bad foods. Just choices.
  • jennyw1969
    jennyw1969 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm in. My name is Jenny and I'm 46. I was at the doctor Tuesday and weighed 176 lbs. I'm only 5'1" (so highest I should be is 130ish). I'd like to lose at least 10 lbs before I go on vacation in mid-June. Not to mention that I feel like crap and my diabetes hasn't been under control. Working against me is that I have a fat disease called Dercum's which will only allow me to lose so much weight and makes it harder (I'm in chronic pain and fatigue).... so, although I'd love to eventually be in the 120's, if I could get into the 140's, I will be thrilled (and so will my doctors!!).

Anyway, so I guess my goal for this 2 month challenge would be about 5-6 lbs.

I've just started back on MyFitnessPal today and tomorrow morning will be going to the store to get some good stuff.
  • kdbug414
    kdbug414 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've never done a challenge on MFP before, so this is a first. I really need to be accountable so this is a new beginning for me. I'll weight myself on Sundays. Good luck to everyone!!!! :)
  • rockyla
    rockyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in and super excited about this challenge! Thank you for starting this.
    March 3- 181.8
  • tiernan12
    tiernan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Let's do! I started yesterday at 170.0, so here it goes.

STARTING WEIGHT
    CURRENT WEIGHT
    WEIGHT LOSS FOR THE WEEK
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Start weight 227 March 4 2016
  • kab789
    kab789 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    kab789 wrote: »
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

This is a new day, and you can make it a good day if you will walk in a way of good decisions and in the reasons WHY you want to accomplish all that is set before you at this time!

WHAT IS YOUR WHY?

WHY do you want to be healthy? If you don't have a WHY, it will be very difficult to maintain for long term, the long haul and the lifestyle journey!

Take some time today to find your WHY and share yours on our discussion board!

My why is Simple I want to feel better and be a happier person.

I could not edit on this but not happy happy I am happy but my stress levels and my emotions are on a more even keel when I eat better and I workout.

So any way...

STARTING WIEGHT 176
    CURRENT WIEGHT
    WEIGHT LOSS FOR THE WEEK
  • jctk0419
    jctk0419 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm in. I've been better about logging this past month, after seeing the doctor and getting bloodwork done that showed my calcium was a bit high. So, I've been more consistent about logging honestly and paying attention to nutrient intake, which has bled over to noticing calorie intake. Combined with Fitbit, I'm looking forward to finding a scale on Monday to see whether I've lost any weight in the past month since the doctor's appointment.

But I don't want my motivation to log and exercise to die off just because I've reached the "one month" milestone; this may help keep me going. :smile:

We'll see if a certain medication I'm on will bog down my weight loss attempt. I may have to have a greater calorie deficit than usual in order to counteract the medication. We'll see what happens when I check in on the scale.
  • Varrok
    Varrok Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS YOUR WHY?

WHY do you want to be healthy? If you don't have a WHY, it will be very difficult to maintain for long term, the long haul and the lifestyle journey!

Take some time today to find your WHY and share yours on our discussion board!

Because I'm tired of using my weight as an excuse not to do things, so it's got to go!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Did you mean June 3rd? March 3 - May 3 is only two full months (March - April, April - May)

Anyway, in. Going to Rome in July and want to be healthy weight (147 is max for my height) by then so I need to lose 1.25lb a week until I get there.

I take Thursday as my weigh-in day though. But I mostly weigh myself daily to track fluctuations anyhow so no biggie.

Start (yesterday): 12st 3.5 / 171.5lb
    Goal: If May 1st - 11st 5.75 / 159.75lb (down 11.75lb) --- If June 1st - 11st 1.5 / 155.5lb (down 16lb)
  • fireatdawn2007
    fireatdawn2007 Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I would like to join!!!! :smiley: I will weigh myself Monday and let everyone know my goals!
  • Ketzalitzli2
    Ketzalitzli2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in too.. Weigh in Monday for me also.
  • elizkland
    elizkland Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm in and looking forward to it. My daughter is getting married in September and I want to be able to wear something that I feel pretty in. She is marrying a terrific guy, his family and all their friends are awesome so this is a true CELEBRATION!!

STARTING WEIGHT: 200.2
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 197.4
    WEIGHT LOSS FOR THE WEEK: 2.8 this week
  • rim14isluv
    rim14isluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Joining too, but is it 2months or 3months?
  • hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    OK, SORRY FOR ALL THE CONFUSION (for all those number people)...

OUR SPRING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE IS MARCH 3rd until MAY 3rd! Not exactly 3 months, It'll be a little over 8 weeks and 32 days in duration. Check in daily for added encouragement!

• Mrmiller0422
    Mrmiller0422 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes it would nice to know if it's to late please me a message if I could start

• sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    SW: 194.4
    GW: 181
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm in!