Makeup or No Makeup?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say the stuffed puppy only wears mascara and a small amount of lipstick , only when going out.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    No make-up. I wear make-up for special events not every day. And even then, its mascara and lip gloss.
  • Crossfit112
    Crossfit112 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    In for no makeup !
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Unless hes actively putting on make up men have no idea what they are talking about. If you love it wear it. My fiance says he doesnt like makeup, but makes more compliments when I am wearing makeup. He says he wont kiss me with lipstick, but he cant even tell when I'm wearing a lip stain...mwahahahaha my way of getting a kiss while still having pink lips.

Seems odd to me though that your friend gives you such a hard time if you wear eyeliner. He's married to a non makeup wearing woman why should he care what his friend wears?

Oh and BTW men wearing eyeliner is the sexiest thing on the earth...

johnny_depp_107367203_620x350.jpg
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My Husband tells me that he prefers no make up...but then I get a lot more compliments and a lot more cuddles when I wear just a little bit...my theory is that guys like girls who are feeling confident and sexy and for a lot of us girls make-up helps us to feel more attractive. But that's just a theory.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    In my experience most of the men I have known say they prefer no makeup or very natural light makeup if any.
    I myself wear it only when going out for a night on the town or to a special event where you dress up fancy.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Oh and BTW men wearing eyeliner is the sexiest thing on the earth...

johnny_depp_107367203_620x350.jpg
    [/quote]
    This is so true, Brandon flowers!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    ...if the barn needs a paintin', then paint it....
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Guys say they like girls without makeup, then when we don't wear it they think we're ill. Guys think makeup is fire engine red lips and blue eyelids and that's it.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't ever enter a MAC store.

Why did you even have to say that!? AAARG! Now all I want is to go into a MAC store! And have them do my makeup for me and make me look like a sex bomb!

*sigh* But Sephora stores are worse. I need to have a friend keep me in check when I go in. One word. Testers.

I've done the MAC makeover, and I was disappointed. The makeup is great... but the artists are amateurs. I've done better makeup on myself.

I think it may depend on location or perhaps on the specific person. I used to live in the DC area and I'd heard that the jobs were relatively competitive for Sephora (I looked into it as a summer job...because freebies) and I would assume the same for M.A.C. I'd heard that they were required to have a cosmotology degree but I may be wrong.

Or I'm just easily impressed. I think I was 13 when I last got my makeup done at M.A.C. I still can't quite figure out a smokey eye and the woman managed to do one on me with a yellow and green kit. You'd think it would look super tacky but it looked really cool. But again, eye makeup is magic to me. I can do eyeliner, mascara, and even liquid eyeliner but when people start getting fancy with the eyeshadow I get confused. I just smear lighter shades up to my brow bone. That's all I've got.

Try it with a lighter shade on the lid and a darker shade blended into the contour (crease. You have to blend it very well. This works with a multitude of colour combinations and can also be reversed (i.e. darker grey or black on the lid and colour in the crease). I love makeup - so much fun!

Also just to weigh in, it's obviously a personal preference with females how much they like to wear and males how much they like. Some people have better skin/features suited to not wearing any. I keep it natrual for the day but like to play around a bit at night. I think the key with this is to focus on one feature and not to go overboard with the others.
  • marcimlarson
    Options
    i wear liquid eyeliner and eye shadow to enhance the shape of my eyes, the bigger the better. it looks natural. i use neutral colors. bigger eyes are an aesthetic benefit
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have never worn makeup on the regular....mainly because i'm lazy. I've met some guys who want the whole done up look and some not. depends on the guy. I wear makeup when I feel like it. I almost always don't feel like it lol
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of makeup on some women, it makes it easier for me to spot the ones I can't be bothered with.

A small smudge of dirt on a cheek or forehead, and either the scent of horsebarn or engine oil and I've found the perfect girl (for me anyway).
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I Prefer To Wear Make Up But I Dont Cake It On. My Ex Didnt Like When I Wore It But I Know Other Guys That Like It. I Say Do What Makes You Happy What You Like!